Subscribe
    Dec 19, 2006, 9:01 PM - new member seeking help #1

Hey everyone, I'm new to the Dented Helmet. A friend of mine recommended I join up here and stay up to date on all things Bounty Hunter. He also recommended a website www.starfortressproductions.com as a place to get parts. I was wondering if anyone on here has had any dealings with this company and what could you tell me about your experience. I'd love to have a Boba Fett suit of my own. But, I work a ton of hours and don't have any time to put towards making a suit. I see they offer pre-made suits. Tell me, are they any good or are they worth the money? If not, could someone please help me find someone who is willing to make a suit for me or at least parts of a suit for me so i can piece it together? Thank you in advance and I'm open to any suggestions.
  2. Wes is offline Wes
    Dec 19, 2006, 9:06 PM - Re: new member seeking help #2

Do not go there.
  3. slave1pilot is offline slave1pilot
    Dec 19, 2006, 9:10 PM - Re: new member seeking help #3

Must ...

refrain...

from posting.
    Dec 19, 2006, 9:16 PM - Re: new member seeking help #4

Good to know! What's wrong with them? Besides being overpriced. And do you know of anyone that has parts already made or could make for a reasonable price? Thank you.
    Dec 19, 2006, 9:56 PM - Re: new member seeking help #5

I want to call SFP out for what he is, but I'm afraid I may get banned for it, since I've been warned by The Dent himself not to.... gah it's so hard!
  6. I helped at SDCC '08 Jango 5204's Avatar
    Dec 19, 2006, 10:29 PM - Re: new member seeking help #6

All the quality parts you need are pretty much available for purchase here.
    Dec 19, 2006, 10:35 PM - Re: new member seeking help #7

Isn't that starfortress racket based out of Asia or something? They're web site certainly looked awesome, but after hearing a few stories about the place and orders never showing up, I went to Bobamaker as he makes the very best quality products available. There are a handful of other folks out there too which have good parts and all, but I can vouch for Bobamakers quality as I have several pieces made by him.

As far as finding someone to make you a complete Boba costume, that I'm not certain of. I'm creating a custom Mandalorian so I've never really looked into complete Boba costumes being sold. I'm sure someone offers them somewhere though...I would recommend that you make your own, it's a blast. I haven't felt this creative in years, and enjoy the making of the piece rather than the finished product-I guess I'm odd that way... By the way, it was nice meeting you and I hope we can chat again in the near future.

Happy Holidays!
    Dec 20, 2006, 7:57 PM - Re: new member seeking help #8

I really appreciate the responses. Your experiences have helped me greatly. You guys are right, it will be tough to find someone or some place that makes entire suits. If I had more time, I'd love to make my own. If anyone has any websites they can link me to that have parts that I could look at, I would really appreciate it. Also, if anyone has any parts that they would like to get rid of or sell, please let me know. I'm looking to do a RoTJ suit first and an ESB suit second. But it could go either way. It all comes down to time. I don't get but one day off a week and work six 12 hour night shifts. So like I said, any already completed or nearly completed parts are highly sought after. Thanks for all the help and look forward to chipping in what little I know to help the greater good. Take care.
    Dec 21, 2006, 10:11 AM - Re: new member seeking help #9

Keep your eye on the Cargo Hold for completed parts. There are many parts makers on this board, reading up on progress threads and searches should give you a load of info. Take your time and do the research and you should be able to put a nice costume together. Just concentrate on one piece at a time so you won't get overwhelmed