Need Help Please

From
    Sheffield, UK

Need Help Please

Hi, I have been trying to find decent suppliers of abs or similar materials to build my armour for a Jango and Boba costume. I was told I can heat abs with a heat gun and mould it. I also have some parts of the armour already (a guy sc*ewed me over on ebay) and it is in some bad shape. I can correct the mistakes if I can get tome abs to edit the messed up armour.

If anyone can offer any advice or help, I would be most grateful. Also if someone could direct me to where I can get a decent Jango and Boba Lid from as the one I got (Conned) from ebay is a kids lid and not a proper one.

Regards,
    Rob

From
    madison,ms.

Re: Need Help Please

Sorry bud wish I could help. All mine is FG. I do know that a pipe insulating supply house carries big sheets of it. Not sure if it the right thinkness but they will have it.
    There's a few guys selling lids in the cargo hold. Asok, fett pride , ect.

Stick to seller here for Boba parts and you will be happier with your buys.

Good luck on your build
    David

From
    Maracay Venezuela

Hi man, do you want to buy or build your costume??to get a perfect cosntume (BOba or Jango) is better to buy some parts and create others..................
    in my case:
    Helmet (rubies buy and modify)
    T visor: from www-t-visor.com
    ammo (all) build by my self using pvc 2 mm and the pdf patterns from Alan Silnclair
    gauntles (from a london friend) paint y modify by me
    Jetpack (Man of War) paint by me
    girthbelt, bellybelt, pouches, holders by me using semi leather.
    boots (militar model) modify by me
    recently I buy a Asok helmet (to get a better)

good supliers:
    helmet:
    asok
    bobamaker
    cruzader

Gautlets:
    Man of war
    cruzader
    bobamaker

jetpack_
    Man of war
    bobamaker
    cruzader

ammo:
    cruzader
    bobamaker

any advice, I will be happy to help you, I have all my tutorials..........

check over here all my Jango costume:

1 MY JANGO FETT pictures by snowaure - Photobucket

From
    North Texas

For the helmet I would highly recommend Asok.

For the leg armor I would suggest getting some PVC pipe, if you get the 6 inch PVC pipe you can cut out the template and then with minor shaping you can make thigh armor. The shin might work better using 4 inch PVC. The PVC pipe that works really well is the white pipe like would be used for household plumbing, basically a sewer pipe.

I see that you are in the UK, so things might be different there, but here in the US I would tell you to go by a construction site and ask if you could pick some of the scraps out of the trash bin. The 4 and 6 inch pipes are fairly popular sizes to be used in commercial building.

The PVC can be heated and shaped easily with a heat gun. Just do it in a well ventilated area because it does off gas some when heated.

There are several Jangos here on the boards that have armor the way I am describing. It is cheap, not to difficult to work with, and nearly indestructable.

From
    North Texas

just to show you how they can look.....take a look at the pics marked belt in this old for sale thread

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f31/o...go-sale-38924/

Those are PVC thighs....there is another thread somewhere that he describes making it but I didn't see it in my quick search.