Mjolnir Mark V or VI?

Mjolnir Mark V or VI?

Alright, so the Mark V armor looks easier to make, but the VI looks...cooler. Any comments?

P.S. I'm talking about the Halo series.

From
    Earth

Re: Mjolnir Mark V or VI?

without visuals I have no idea.

of course. just copy and paste the links...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Halo.JPG Halo 2, or Mjolnir VI

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Masterchiefshoot.jpg Halo 1 Mjolnir V

These are bad pics, but if you do a few searches, then you might find more. I still don't know how to get pics directly from the game.

[Edit]
    nvm, the links work

formerly Boba_Fett_03 Duran_Lomax's Avatar
    From
    Colorado

...Im such a geek. I thought he was talking about Thor's hammer.

im making the halo 2 armor(VI)and im currently sculpting the helmet !! so i like the mark VI better because it looks cooler

From
    California, US

Dang son, that would be totally MFBA i love halo and play it constantly. IF anyone is one Live my gamer tag is S2 AM Sniper so yeah good luck!!! Go for the Mark VI its tolly BA

I must be the weird one who actually likes the Mark V better. But only just a little. Both are cool, and I'd take either one, because, ya know, it's Mjolnir armor!

When you get started on it, I want pictures! And a free set when you make it!

i've already cut out the templates i drew up on my computer, and i'm just deciding if i should keep saving my money for an Xbox 360 or go all out on this. I've got about $125 right now, and that would easily pay for the type of armor i'm making (2 garbage cans and some underarmour ) any suggestions?

BTW: if i decide to make this armor, then i think i'll do Halo 1 armor because its a lot smoother and will be a lot easier to make out of a garbage can.

[edit]
    no free samples!!!!!

From
    Earth

I have a 360, it sits in a corner. Its ok but the games are no challenge and there hardly any titles. I'm personal waiting for Nintendo Mi now.

I'd go with the armor, over time you will definitly get more enjoyment out of it than a cookiecutter game consol.

From
    The miserable mill

I have a set of mark vi armor i am working on, and i have a finished mark vi helmet with a motorcycle visor. i did all my stuff by eye and just cut out two of everything when need be. i still have to finish all the leg armor and then make a upper body fabric piece for the the torso.

i'd be interested in seeing what you've made so far with templates and materials.

as far as the 360 goes. it's a piece of junk and the only game that's cool is elder scrolls. save your money

video games have gone way down hill. there aren't any stories anymore, just graphics and guns. i still have my n64, psx, nintendo, SNES, sega, and atari. even my xbox doesn't seem outdated to me even though people treat it like its obsolete now since 360 is out.

-=QuinN!

Boba_Fett_03 said:
    Well the armor was named after his hammer actually.

I personally like both, Mark VI for the reason that it's more complex and lighter, Mark V for the fact that it actually looks MORE like armor.
    I could go on and on about the quality of games and the like but I'll save that.

Also buy a 360 this holiday season, they're saying that it'll be dropping $100 in price to combat the other next gens. That's why I don't have one yet.

Hey Katua Fett, hit me up on live, my tag's LickyMcLicklick (haha don't ask..). I play Halo 2 ALOT (not really a fan of ranked games though).

From
    Muskegon, Michigan

Boba_Fett_03 said:

Um... so did I... :o

From
    Plano Texas

Ripcode said:

Um... so did I... :o
    If you jump really hard on the ground, does it turn into a stick?

From
    California, US

So have you heard of nightmare armor....well here ya go......It makes me want it almost more than a fett, so bad arse.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mjolnirs-jpg  

I helped at SDCC '08 GCNgamer128's Avatar
    From
    Las Vegas, Nevada USA

And I thought TK armor was a hassle...

my gamertag's MisterBojengles dont ask

formerly Boba_Fett_03 Duran_Lomax's Avatar
    From
    Colorado

Syris 03, right here

From
    Kansas

Katua Fett said:
    So have you heard of nightmare armor....well here ya go......It makes me want it almost more than a fett, so bad arse.
    Yeah Nightmare armor is cool and all but Microsoft layed down the smack down and sued the pants off them. I think the only way they can make armor now is if it's for Microsoft. Plus I believe it may have had a $3k price tag. eeck

I)r. No said:
    Yeah Nightmare armor is cool and all but Microsoft layed down the smack down and sued the pants off them. I think the only way they can make armor now is if it's for Microsoft. Plus I believe it may have had a $3k price tag. eeck
    Well I saw the blue armor go for 1.5 k on ebay, no sight of microsoft interupting anything thing there.

From
    California, US

Yeah i knew about the price tag being about 3k but i didnt know about the whole Microsoft suit, man i bet its hard concuring the world

Ill hit ya other xbox live memebers up on mondy, maybe we should start a new thread just for Xbox Live?

Matthew

Hmm...that whole "lawsuit" issue is a big issue. I think I'll reconsider, at least until more people make it after the movie comes out. Then Microsoft might be a little more relaxed with their copyrights on the armor.

Gabe 034's got some AMAZING armor over at clonetroopers.net....here's the link.

http://clonetroopers.net/Forum/index.php?showtopic=2658

you might have to go to like page 3 or 4 to find what he has all done, but he's got pix all over that thread. the most amazing thing is that he's using plastic storage totes to make all of it my kind of armor making.

From
    California, US

I think that youd be find with the lawsuite bs as long as you just make it for yourself and not sell it.

i just found out that i'm moving to New York, so i guess i can't do this project until september