Subscribe
  1. jdos
    Jan 21, 2003, 3:15 AM - kind of paint ... #1

Hello guys... What kind of paint you use for the armor : Gloss or Matte paint [img]images/smiles//icon5.gif[/img] ... please some help ; images would be great !!

J2 : www.geocities.com/jdos_2/eng/sw-collection.html
    Jan 21, 2003, 4:13 AM - Re: kind of paint ... #2

Hey there & welcome to TDH. For anything having to do w/ boba you dont want to use any gloss! Not shure if the Jango guys use gloss or not? If your doing a layered job, ( where you spray your base metallic on, then mask, then spray your primary colors & mask again in necessary,) you may want to gloss over your base metalic color, but as for the primary colors, greeens, reds, etc- matte is what you probably want to use. For Boba, duller is better! Hope that helps
    Jan 21, 2003, 9:52 AM - Re: kind of paint ... #3

Keep in mind that the Tesor's Dull Coat will eliminate pretty much any sheen from your paint. I freaked when I first painted my armor! Then when I sprayed the dull coat, it looked great.
  4. jdos
    Jan 22, 2003, 3:39 AM - Re: kind of paint ... #4

Hey thanks guys... I was thinking make it as you say Jango's kid, but Im not sure will be a lot of differences between an armor with the weathering effects painted on the primary colors.. what you think ?? , any way I will make some tests.Actually Im working on the molds and I made an vaccumform gauntlet test , I will prove the paint on it to choose which one is better.

Jedi-Bob have you some images ? ...

Jan 22, 2003, 3:56 AM - Re: kind of paint ... #5

Hey, its up to you man! Personally, I have never been able to get a topically applied weathering paint job to look decent, although many others have seemed to pull it off perfectly. I guess it just depends on your personal abilities/prefrences! Love to see some pics after you get through w/ your tests. good luck bud!
  6. jdos
    Jan 22, 2003, 4:05 AM - Re: kind of paint ... #6

well I think I would like an accurate work , so I will paint it completely . I will post as posible I could , because actually Im finishin my new tusken costume , them I will be completely trim on boba ...