...just one of those days

From
    Recently relocated to the Hoth-like Minnesota

...just one of those days

So without much going on today I decided to clean some stuff out of my storage closet. I didn't get far before I found my boxes of toys:
    Piles of speeder bike parts, old beat up Slave 1 from my childhood, old Rancor, box of gun parts for mando projects, a huge bag of various kanekalon hair, and some WOF templates I had printed out a while back. Long story short, my floor is a mess with stuff from the closet and I am making some new gauntlets. I have a great metal pair from Wickedbeard, but you can never have too many gauntlets lying around can you?
    Anyway here we go:

that's all for now, it took up a nice chunk of the day. Hopefully I can finish cleaning these up soon...

From
    PA

Re: ...just one of those days

Looks like it was a good find to me!!

From
    Sydney, Australia

I love days like that.
    Usually I start out with the best of intentions but it often ends with me covered in bits of plastic...
    Apologising to the missus.

From

Lucky for me I no longer have a missus to answer to. And yes there seems to be little bits of plastic everywhere, and drops of silicone, and pools of resin...with my sidearm project going I have stuff all over the place. I started these gaunts on a side track, and they side tracked me to the sidearms, which is also great...I had like 7 sidearms on my table at the same time!

Anyway I poured a sidearm, and was waiting for a coat of paint to dry, and I saw the gaunts in the corner, all sad and asking to be worked on, so I started cleaning them up, filled in some areas, sanded, and put on another coat of primer.

A few more layers of sanding and priming and I will be ready to paint them up.

From

Well after being sidetracked by the sidearm explosion, and the greeblies, I got some paint and weathering on these:

I still have this issue; I like weathering so much that I can't stop. Then I look at it and sometimes feel I did too much. I am pretty happy with these so far. I want to change the rusted areas a bit more, as the color isn't quite what I want. I used one of my MQ-1 keypad casts, and another part of the calculator cast on the side of the other gaunt. I also used a dart that was in my misc metal junk box

I was happy that the acid splatter worked well. Sometimes trying things like that splash the wrong way or don't leave a pattern I like, but since it is hard to control a splatter application, you just gotta go for it.

From

Here is a close up of the keypad and dart. The keypad is my cast, and the dart is from a pistol crossbow.