Page 8 of 43 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
Subscribe
    Aug 10, 2008, 4:56 PM - Re: Joker Hexagon Fabric Print Interest #176

Lets get a price first. I don't have PayPal though. So lets deffintly talk about price first.
    Aug 10, 2008, 5:04 PM - Re: Joker Hexagon Fabric Print Interest #177

Yes...price.

Not in the best financial situation at the moment, but I NEED this fabric! I don't care if I go broke.

By the way, how much would a typical dress shirt cost to have sewn? I could barely get by sewing a vest for my Mando.
    Aug 10, 2008, 5:12 PM - Re: Joker Hexagon Fabric Print Interest #178

What im going to do is go but a bad shirt that fits me and then use that as a pattern and go from there
    Aug 10, 2008, 6:14 PM - Re: Joker Hexagon Fabric Print Interest #179

Like I said not to rush things just hoping to make things go much more smoothly and have extra time to spare and if need be have everything easily refunded. I know Kwally said he wasnt going to be able to be on as much for a bit here, but for right now at the very least should put a cut off date to at the least have a solid Idea of who all is going to be buying and how much. Then give a set period of time to which we get those people who are in on this to pay their portion. So then we can order and give time to have the fabric divi'ed up and sent out so then those who are making their shirts have time to do so and then us lazy folk (Like me) who are desperatly hoping to get someone else to make their shirts can also do so. I mean when it comes down to it we all dont want to be walking around in our nice screen acurate vests and ties that are hanging over our bare chests like some 70's rockstar do we? LOL! We got time, but we need order at this point as so we have more time to understand and be able to be Agents of Chaos. So as it is Kwally's baby no move without his word. We'll just continue to hammer this process out.
    Aug 10, 2008, 6:28 PM - Re: Joker Hexagon Fabric Print Interest #180

Quote gagnon49456 said: View Post
    . I mean when it comes down to it we all dont want to be walking around in our nice screen acurate vests and ties that are hanging over our bare chests like some 70's rockstar do we?
    No one wants to see me do that.

If we're going to start listing amounts, I think I'll need at least 3 yards. I'm a bigger guy so I'll need enough for a XL. Depending on the price, I might even go in for 6 if I ever lose enough weight to make a smaller shirt.
    Aug 10, 2008, 8:22 PM - Re: Joker Hexagon Fabric Print Interest #181

Im ridicoulously pale and skinny at this point myself LOL! So I'd be plenty unsightly as well my skin glowing in the dark through the vest. Only guy that dosnt need a flashlight to trick and treat. I'm hoping to get two shirts made myself. one for the costume and one Job interviews and stuff like that. Help people remember me.
    Aug 10, 2008, 9:48 PM - Re: Joker Hexagon Fabric Print Interest #182

Quote gagnon49456 said: View Post
    one for the costume and one Job interviews and stuff like that. Help people remember me.
    The shirt or the make-up?

I decided to play around with some make-up myself tonight, couldn't find any good white, or anything red enough localy, guess I'll hafe to look elsewhere. :o Still need scars, and threads. Because a Wal-Mart shirt isn't canon.

8. Member Since
    Aug 2008
    Aug 10, 2008, 11:09 PM - Re: Joker Hexagon Fabric Print Interest #183

Not bad on the make up... head over to the SHH forum and check out some of the make up jobs over there. They went from totally inaccurate to some being dead on. I'm not so great at it as of yet, but it will get better.
    Aug 10, 2008, 11:11 PM - Re: Joker Hexagon Fabric Print Interest #184

WOH!! Hey, guys!! Looks like a lot has been said since I've been on! Well, I have been thinking the exact thing. As far as payment is going to go....I thought that the best thing for me is as follows: I get a set in stone price per yard (hopefully tomorrow or soon after), everyone CONFIRMS how much they want, buyers pay by whatever method is convient, I place an order with a considerable buffer zone (I have a healthy portion in my bank account to do this), I get fabric in hand, I cut the fabric, package, and send out. I know that my girlfriend and I can get all 60 some orders cut and packaged over a weekend. Just bear with me here guys. I was hoping to have the order placed already, but it took a while just to get the company vice president's phone number. This all should be done shortly!!! Btw...if something goes sour...please don't kill me!!!
    Aug 10, 2008, 11:13 PM - Re: Joker Hexagon Fabric Print Interest #185

I also saw TDK in imax tonight...IT WAS AMAZING!! I payed close attention to the pattern on the shirt. There is absolutely no doubt that the base fabric is pure white. We may have a couple made up hexagons and be missing some, but it is probably too late to fix that now...oh well. If anyone rules at photoshop and wants me to explain what is wrong with pinder's pattern..just pm me
    Aug 10, 2008, 11:18 PM - Re: Joker Hexagon Fabric Print Interest #186

Quote Kwally89 said: View Post
    Btw...if something goes sour...please don't kill me!!!
    Nah, we won't kill you. But I do have a nice magic trick that involves a pencil I'd show you. Just playin...
  12. Member Since
    Aug 2008
    Aug 10, 2008, 11:25 PM - Re: Joker Hexagon Fabric Print Interest #187

You guys are great.

Kwally, you are a good man... some day people will write songs of you. Well, maybe not, but it sounded cool.
    Aug 11, 2008, 7:02 AM - Re: Joker Hexagon Fabric Print Interest #188

Quote WGoble said: View Post
    Not bad on the make up... head over to the SHH forum and check out some of the make up jobs over there. They went from totally inaccurate to some being dead on. I'm not so great at it as of yet, but it will get better.
    Wow, 130 pages to go threw. I may be there for a while. Does anyone know of any place with reasonably priced scares?
    Aug 11, 2008, 11:48 AM - Re: Joker Hexagon Fabric Print Interest #189

Jodo, look into this stuff called rigid collodion. Application is fairly simple and the effect is pretty good. I know I reversed it but I was really eager to try the stuff.

Then I dabbled a bit in photoshop since it was late and I didn't feel like putting on the makeup.

Aug 11, 2008, 11:52 AM - Re: Joker Hexagon Fabric Print Interest #190

wow that looks good. What is it exactly
    Aug 11, 2008, 11:57 AM - Re: Joker Hexagon Fabric Print Interest #191

Am I miss interpreting this honeycomb? I drew up a cartoon on what I see, but I have not seen anyone incorporate this design yet. Also attached it the ref photo I am using. Has this one been left off or is everyone seeing something different?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails honeycomb1-jpg   honeycomb1a-jpg  
    Aug 11, 2008, 12:03 PM - Re: Joker Hexagon Fabric Print Interest #192

Quote fettfan54 said: View Post
    wow that looks good. What is it exactly
    it's a clear liquid that somewhat smells like acetone. as it dries it pulls the skin closer together to resemble a scar. It dries real quick too. I picked up a bottle of it off of ebay, any online movie makeup store should sell it.

though taking it off is like pulling off a bandaid.
    Aug 11, 2008, 2:19 PM - Re: Joker Hexagon Fabric Print Interest #193

Seven!!! You rule!! That is one of the two hexagons I was talking about!! The one you drew up is really really easy to see in an imax!! NICE!!!
    Aug 11, 2008, 2:44 PM - Re: Joker Hexagon Fabric Print Interest #194

So, Kwally... Any update on the printing of the fabric, or the price per yard???
    Aug 11, 2008, 2:48 PM - Re: Joker Hexagon Fabric Print Interest #195

Pretty excited to finally hopefully have a price figured out. KWALLy Is TDK any different in IMAX Storywise? Im sure the sound and picture are TOO INCREDIBLE!!! I've seen it 6times on normal theatre screens Im still going to see it in Imax myself at least once! :thumbup
    Aug 11, 2008, 2:52 PM - Re: Joker Hexagon Fabric Print Interest #196

I'm going to have to see it again (not that I'm complaining =D ) to try and catch some more of these patterns. I'm going cross-eyed from scrutinizing hi-res photos.

How many do we have now that are spot on?
    Aug 11, 2008, 2:54 PM - Re: Joker Hexagon Fabric Print Interest #197

Quote KlaatuVer said: View Post
    it's a clear liquid that somewhat smells like acetone. as it dries it pulls the skin closer together to resemble a scar. It dries real quick too. I picked up a bottle of it off of ebay, any online movie makeup store should sell it.

though taking it off is like pulling off a bandaid.
    ...And the more you use, the deeper the scars get...it's good stuff!

I'm with everyone here about using the white shirt base...and I know the eBay fabric is cr@ppy (pattern-wise), but it's only a matter of time before somebody snags a more SA pattern version (from here or SHH), and starts a run of that for eBay...the ugly stuff there is going for 60 bucks for 3.5 yards...that's roughly 18 bucks a yard...hopefully, we can get a better pattern and a better price, considering all the interest in this....

...oh, and Halloween is only about 60 days out, for those of us wanting to make that as a deadline....
    Rob
  23. Member Since
    Jul 2007
    Aug 11, 2008, 3:09 PM - Re: Joker Hexagon Fabric Print Interest #198

I so want to know how much it will be. Do we have a ballpark estimate?
    Aug 11, 2008, 3:11 PM - Re: Joker Hexagon Fabric Print Interest #199

Quote Ghostsoldier said: View Post
    ...oh, and Halloween is only about 60 days out, for those of us wanting to make that as a deadline....
    Rob
    WOW! That is not a lot of time...
    Aug 11, 2008, 3:18 PM - Re: Joker Hexagon Fabric Print Interest #200

Quote KlaatuVer said: View Post
    I'm going cross-eyed from scrutinizing hi-res photos.
    For those who don't have/or seen these...

Looking at these, the base shirt does look blue....
    Rob