Thanks for the hard work sereiana, good luck!I have some INSANELY good news (at least for my sanity)!
I have managed to "crack the code", so to speak.
The shirt pattern is now 100% accurate. Complete with the fact that the two checkerpattens end up next to each other.
What was throwing me off is that his left sleeve of the shirt is cut with the pattern going one direction, the right sleeve is cut with the pattern going the other.
After much squinting I've managed to get it CORRECT, and I'll tell you what - it tiles better and easier than I'm sure anyone could have imagined.
Now that I have that out of the way - its time to complete the vector.
I was intending on having to do this all myself when I started this project.
I am SO greatful for Kwally and Pinder who have made this much cheaper and easier than I could have anticipated. And thank you pinder for doing all of the figuring out designs so I just have to worry about vectoring!-
I'm just glad I can be of service!