Subscribe
  1. Member Since
    Aug 2008
    Oct 14, 2008, 1:36 AM - Re: Joker Hexagon Fabric Print Interest #976

Quote sereiana said: View Post
    OKay I'm posting these here because it doesnt appear most people bother checking the other thread and I would like feedback. If this is a problem I'll remove the other one somehow.

These are the scars that I scrapped. "good enough for government work" though. The points I am aware of: 1) The edge is visible... I used too much silicone so the edge was too thick. 2) the white isnt thick enough because I forgot the pattern of expressions I'd used in earlier tests. And if I thickened it up anymore I'd lose detail so I made it more interrogation-y.
    Let me know What you think.
    "This is how crraaazzzy batmans made gotham..."

If that is what it really looked like... You have the best make up I have seen yet. Absolutely stunning, my friend. What kind of make up did you use? You should sell some more molds of scars! I am not lazy, but I have a bad habit of ruining things like that (crafts) and being like..."I just wasted a bunch of money..." Rock on, though!
    Oct 14, 2008, 9:14 AM - Re: Joker Hexagon Fabric Print Interest #977

Wow, thank you so much. Seeing as I'm able to do the makeup ON my boyfriend, it makes it easier than those of you who have to do it on themselves so I cant take all the credit, there (not to mention my boyfriend happens to somewhat resemble ledger). I will say, though that the trick with the scars is having a silicone MOLD as well. It's flexible enough to conform to the face easily and it keeps all of the detail of the original sculpt. Although silicone will adhere to itself dish soap prevents this very well. Also - on this take I didnt prepaint the scars to match the flesh fully before applying the makeup.

As for if thats what it really looked like... heres a couple more.
    They are VERY slightly desaturated, I was trying to figure out what red I needed as most halloween makeup reds are orange based, when it should be a neutral or blue based red.
    As for the basic makeup its JUST ****** cream makeup from the tube. You have to work with it fast, though. I DO prefer my creamier makeup for most other applications and will probably try several others before I settle on a final technique.

Last edited by sereiana; Oct 14, 2008 at 9:19 AM.
    Oct 14, 2008, 10:58 AM - Re: Joker Hexagon Fabric Print Interest #978

FROM KWALLY:

Guys, I'm getting pretty stressed about this as well because I REALLY REALLY want to get this to you on time!!! I also don't want to be stuck with a couple thousand dollars worth of fabric....but I'm a man of my word and if you want a refund, I'll gladly give it. I'm going to do my best to get this to you SOON. Right now, I'm sorry to say that my guarantees have gone out the window. The communication with my fabric contact was terrible for 3 weeks prior to printing. Unfortunately, if he would have called me back, I would have shipped the fabric last week! I'm pretty frustrated as well guys! Remember, I'm really not "selling" this to you. I just decided to organize it. My main objective was to get fabric for myself as well! Stay tuned guys! I hope to give you good news!

Is this all part of the plan?
  4. Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Oct 14, 2008, 2:40 PM - Re: Joker Hexagon Fabric Print Interest #979

Quote sereiana said: View Post
    I would just like to note that the fabric they are printing on is 44" rather than 62" so while 17 a yard for custom fabric at 42" of usable space is wonderful. So is 62" at 26.00 a yard.

Cost from spoonflower = $61.00 for all 3 yards shipped at 42" fabric. On 100% cotton.
    cost from kwally on a shirting blend $78.00 for all 3 yards shipped on 62" fabric.
    In the scheme of things the difference is definately in the material but its very good pricing!
    I will keep them in mind in the furture for other items.
    I got my fabric in not too long ago and it's very good quality, except I was a ****** and sent them the wrong sized image, so my hexagons are all about half the size the should be. I don't really mind for halloween, but it's slightly irritating that'll I'll have to reorder and make another shirt for this con I'm going to in may. So, chain, new gloves, and new shirt are on my list of things that need changed ALREADY.

But otherwise Spoonflower did and excellent job keeping me up to date with my fabric and had it printed and mailed to me in 2 days. It only took about 4 days from the moment they told me they were working on it for it to get to me, which was awesome. The material is thick (so I won't have to wear an undershirt of anything) but light (thank god because the frock coat is HEAVY).

Because the pattern I had wasn't completely screen accurate and because I don't need the fabric by halloween anymore and have months to make the second shirt I believe I may order the material from here (just an idea at this point) because Kwally, man, I don't want you to be stuck with all those spare yards of this expensive fabric either. $78 just seems a lot at this point though, so give me a little time to think it over.
    Oct 14, 2008, 4:27 PM - Re: Joker Hexagon Fabric Print Interest #980

Hey guys/gals, kinda been lurking around here for a while and decided to register here. Everyones costumes are looking great! So as I was reading through the thread I saw my name mentioned so I figured for those of you that have not seen my costume I would post up some pics.

Oct 14, 2008, 7:00 PM - Re: Joker Hexagon Fabric Print Interest #981

AZ-spidey I tried to register on superherohype but I never got my approval email. I wanted to ask I see that you went with a pleat in the back of the coat. I have been bashing my head against the wall trying to figure it out but somehow think I wont know for absolutely sure how it all goes together until the DVD or blu-ray comes out in december...
    Did you have a good picture of back reference that lead you to that decision? to me the back center panel greatly resembles a frock coat with a deep pleat.
    Oct 14, 2008, 8:15 PM - Re: Joker Hexagon Fabric Print Interest #982

Oct 14, 2008, 11:12 PM - Re: Joker Hexagon Fabric Print Interest #983

Very, Very Nice Job AZSpidey...
  9. Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Oct 15, 2008, 3:20 AM - Re: Joker Hexagon Fabric Print Interest #984

Killer costume Spidey! How did you go about making the shoes? Also, is the coat wool you dyed or found?

~Morgan
  10. Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Oct 15, 2008, 8:01 AM - Re: Joker Hexagon Fabric Print Interest #985

thats vaguely.. scary... and cute
    Oct 15, 2008, 9:19 AM - Re: Joker Hexagon Fabric Print Interest #986

Thanks for all the kind words. For the shoes, if you want to know how I made them I have a build thread I started on a how to.
    http://therpf.com/showthread.php?t=51016

On the coat, I dont have any pleats in the back. I actually have 4.... yes I said 4 tails.
    I used this pic here to determine the back.

I might be wrong, but I like the way my coat came out.
    Oct 15, 2008, 10:19 AM - Re: Joker Hexagon Fabric Print Interest #987

Quote AZspidey said: View Post
    Thanks for all the kind words. For the shoes, if you want to know how I made them I have a build thread I started on a how to.
    http://therpf.com/showthread.php?t=51016

On the coat, I dont have any pleats in the back. I actually have 4.... yes I said 4 tails.
    I used this pic here to determine the back.

I might be wrong, but I like the way my coat came out.
    This is without a doubt the most commonly cited picture... however I have to sat that it appears that its not as simple as vent - I shall continue pondering this. Its just nice to see where you grabbed your idea from.
    Oct 15, 2008, 10:44 AM - Re: Joker Hexagon Fabric Print Interest #988

Oct 15, 2008, 3:21 PM - Re: Joker Hexagon Fabric Print Interest #989

I'm not going anywhere. I'm in till the end and still holding out hope...

I would even pay extra for overnight delivery if it helps...

Thanks for keeping this alive for all us Jokers...

Keep it up Kody...

Oct 15, 2008, 6:09 PM - Re: Joker Hexagon Fabric Print Interest #990

Quote Sinister said: View Post
    Disturbingly Cute
    Im making another one with a pattern Im creating to be able to make it in 5 pieces. This one the head, top of head, neck, body and all the arms and legs Were cut stiched, filled and then stiched to the body seperatly. Im making the next one more true little big planet sackboy with magnets in the feet and hands as well. Besides the fact with the way I designed the pattern I can Stich the face details and most of his costume first. Which I really want to use this hex print fabric and other much higher quality fabrics. This one was alot of junk fabric I allready had that was kinda useless. Besides the hair of course! I saw that in the store and instantly got the idea. Im also making Monster pants outta it. Like the ones in the Mindless self indulgence straight to video video.
    Oct 15, 2008, 7:43 PM - Re: Joker Hexagon Fabric Print Interest #991

*points to the General Joker Thread*
    *points to the Mods. and Admins.*
    *points to you guys*

But seriously.
    Oct 18, 2008, 12:31 PM - Re: Joker Hexagon Fabric Print Interest #992

FROM KWALLY:

Quote Kwally89 said: View Post
    Ok guys! I FINALLY got some pictures of the fabric! Unfortunately, I told the printer to send the test run to one address, and he sent it to my OTHER address...so I got it almost a week late! This is starting to get worse! But....THE FABRIC IS PERFECT!!! I'll take some new pictures this weekend that are better quality, but here is a teaser...

They are a bit blurry but...girlfriend isn't a photographer!!

ALSO****THIS IS IMPORTANT*****
    I am hoping to ship all fabric by the end of next week, but there is a possibility it may not work out. With this being said, after Monday at 4pm I CAN NO LONGER REFUND ORDERS!!! This is a made to order item. If it is made for you and you drop out now, I will end up paying for it. I cannot let that happen. SOOO, after Monday October 20th at 4pm, if you haven't asked for a refund YOU WILL NOT GET ONE!!! Sorry guys but I don't have $6000 to pay for all this. Hope the pics get you excited!!!
  18. Member Since
    Aug 2008
    Oct 18, 2008, 5:40 PM - Re: Joker Hexagon Fabric Print Interest #993

Dude... that looks AMAZING.
  19. Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Oct 19, 2008, 3:30 PM - Re: Joker Hexagon Fabric Print Interest #994

I have 2 questions - first does anyone have a good referance picture of the buttons on the sleeve of his frock coat? I know the front buttons are a dark purple, but they look like they might have a pad or fabric of some sort in the center:

I got the impression that the buttons on his sleeve were padded buttons (the far left one that's pink)

2nd question: I have no more reason than a hunch to think of this, but it makes sense if you think about the Joker's taste in clothes. Does anyone suppose he wears sock suspenders?

Also, I guess I have a 3rd quetsion here. When the Joker dresses as the nurse he's clearly wearing different socks - they are plaid and colorful. (I honestly thought those would be the socks that'd be famous, not the interrogation scene socks). Can anyone get a high-rez shot of those socks? It'd be super helpful. Thank you!
    Oct 19, 2008, 6:46 PM - Re: Joker Hexagon Fabric Print Interest #995

He obviously dosnt wear them as the nurse, but possibly. the Nurse Joker socks just look like plain black tube socks to me. Does anyone have any pics that can even come close to showing his legs and feet in that scene coming outta the hospital? He still wears the same shoes though from what I can tell.
  21. Member Since
    Aug 2008
    Oct 19, 2008, 10:35 PM - Re: Joker Hexagon Fabric Print Interest #996

He does seem like the kind of guy, but I have the actual Tabio socks, and after comparing them to some of the interrogation pictures, I can tell that the checkers would be stretched a lot higher if he were wearing sock suspenders. Believe me, I've put the socks on and stretched them to their complete length... and they looked NOTHING like the pictures. You kind of have to put the bottom foot parts on all the way, then gently pull up the length of the sock until they're just barely stretched fully.
    I know that kind of sounded like incoherent nonsense, but trust me, it helps with SA.
    Oct 20, 2008, 4:43 AM - Re: Joker Hexagon Fabric Print Interest #997

i fixed the wig..this is my final makeup test, their are a few pointers to be changed but i think its looks pretty cool

the scars are made from liquid latex & tissue, their stuck to my face with spirt gum & a thin layer of liquid laex roudn the edges to seal them on my face, hurt like a ***** takign them off LMAO!!

i need more expression lines & i need to smudge the red a bit more i think :-)
    Oct 20, 2008, 3:47 PM - Re: Joker Hexagon Fabric Print Interest #998

Anyone hear any new news about the fabric arrival???

Oct 20, 2008, 4:13 PM - Re: Joker Hexagon Fabric Print Interest #999

Dude...tone it down....It is not necessary for the large font and multiple posts
  25. Member Since
    Aug 2008
    Oct 20, 2008, 4:35 PM - Re: Joker Hexagon Fabric Print Interest #1000

Quote Mattastic13 said: View Post
    Dude...tone it down....It is not necessary for the large font and multiple posts
    While I kind of agree with you in spirit, I'd be careful if I were you. Sinister's kind of a veteran on this thread.