Subscribe
    Sep 19, 2008, 7:00 PM - Re: Joker Hexagon Fabric Print Interest #876

LUL
    YUUSSS
    Sep 19, 2008, 7:16 PM - Re: Joker Hexagon Fabric Print Interest #877

This IS great news!! I may be single after all of this, but I'm going to have one spiffy set of Joker duds!!
    Sep 20, 2008, 4:41 PM - Re: Joker Hexagon Fabric Print Interest #878

Quote klohse said: View Post
    This IS great news!! I may be single after all of this, but I'm going to have one spiffy set of Joker duds!!
    that is some truth lol
  4. Member Since
    Aug 2008
    Sep 20, 2008, 8:20 PM - Re: Joker Hexagon Fabric Print Interest #879

Quote danaealexandra said: View Post
    Hey everyone, I already posted this in the "joker findings" thread, but just in case some of you suspender-less jokers didn't know...I emailed "Bromleys" about their joker-esque white suspenders asking if they were planning to restock size medium in white and I got this response:

"Dear Danae,

Thank you for your email. The new stock of white elastic diamond braces will be in stock early Oct also Green & Black diamond

Regards
    Mike"

He added an attachment photo of the Joker's braces as a reference! (It's the hi-res close up!)

....I'm not sure if these will be in time for halloween but I'm assuming yes, considering they would make a killing! By the way these are the button on style(!)
    This is GREAT news. Between figuring out how to get a shirt sewn together, sanding up and tacking leather to a pair of shoes (credit to Sinister for the instructions), and painting a pair of black leather gloves purple, I don't know if I could've dealt with having to spend hours coloring every single little diamond green with a fabric marker. I would've gotten some of the white, stitched pattern ebay suspenders where they already colored in the diamonds, but $110? Seriously? I know screen accuracy doesn't come cheap, but we're not talking about the T&A tie or anything, we're talking about a pair of (barely visible in the film) suspenders. Plus, it's not really screen accurate, the straps on the suspenders are still white, as opposed to the grey film-used ones.
    Sep 20, 2008, 9:13 PM - Re: Joker Hexagon Fabric Print Interest #880

they are coming with a green diamond on black brace i think those will be the most accurate

i do agree with you on the rediculous price for the braces on ebay , and i can say that the closer halloween comes the worse the prices will get i saw at least 50% mark up on the scars alone from 2 weeks ago, its just out of hand, but when theres a huge market for something people must cash in, but hell if it doesnt matter to you wait until november 1st and watch prices go back to normal lol gauranteed. my lady is so pissed at me as it is for spending money and so much time on this project , i failed to tell her about ordering the 26$ a yard fabric too (oops) but when it comes between us it was 4$ a yard on sale lol...... i love this joker stuff
    Last edited by a_jokers_wild; Sep 20, 2008 at 9:22 PM.
    Sep 20, 2008, 10:31 PM - Re: Joker Hexagon Fabric Print Interest #881

Quote a_jokers_wild said: View Post
    they are coming with a green diamond on black brace i think those will be the most accurate

i do agree with you on the rediculous price for the braces on ebay , and i can say that the closer halloween comes the worse the prices will get i saw at least 50% mark up on the scars alone from 2 weeks ago, its just out of hand, but when theres a huge market for something people must cash in, but hell if it doesnt matter to you wait until november 1st and watch prices go back to normal lol gauranteed. my lady is so pissed at me as it is for spending money and so much time on this project , i failed to tell her about ordering the 26$ a yard fabric too (oops) but when it comes between us it was 4$ a yard on sale lol...... i love this joker stuff
    Next time your lady gives you grief for spending so much $ on this project, just do what I do…smile at her and say…

wHy So SeRiOuS?
    Sep 22, 2008, 11:27 AM - Re: Joker Hexagon Fabric Print Interest #882

Next time your lady gives you grief for spending so much $ on this project, just do what I do…smile at her and say…

wHy So SeRiOuS?
    I tried that...now, I have 2 REAL black eyes....
    Rob
  8. Member Since
    Aug 2008
    Sep 22, 2008, 5:03 PM - Re: Joker Hexagon Fabric Print Interest #883

Ok, I guess everyone's thinking it, and though I hate to be the one who says it, at the risk of sounding like a whiner... any news on when the fabric ships?
    Sep 22, 2008, 10:22 PM - Re: Joker Hexagon Fabric Print Interest #884

wHy So SeRiOuS?
    she didnt find that at all humurous, guess i shouldnt tell her the total amount this is costing lol i think the broad needs to get a hobby personally

btw, the joker braces are no longer on the website http://www.classicwardrobe.co.uk/-/P.../-/Braces.aspx
    Sep 23, 2008, 8:42 AM - Re: Joker Hexagon Fabric Print Interest #885

Quote Ghostsoldier said: View Post
    I tried that...now, I have 2 REAL black eyes....
    Rob
    ooh, a little fight in her…I LIKE that!!
    Sep 23, 2008, 8:51 AM - Re: Joker Hexagon Fabric Print Interest #886

OK Jokers! My wig arrived yesterday. Going to the cosmetology school here on campus to have it cut and styled a bit. It's actually a bit darker than the photos show--the flash is bleaching the color some.

I MAY even let the cosmo girls color it. Anybody done any coloring that their proud of?? SO many products/shades of green out there. Wondering if anyone has achieved the wonderful pond scum green that we're looking for??

BTW--these aren't MY pics. They are photos the ebay seller I bought the wig from used. Just posting them here FYI.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dsp_blacklightauburnlongfront.jpg 
Views:	826 
Size:	15.7 KB 
ID:	27613   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dsp_blackltauburnbacklong.jpg 
Views:	824 
Size:	22.1 KB 
ID:	27614   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dsp_blackltauburnlongside.jpg 
Views:	821 
Size:	20.3 KB 
ID:	27615  

Sep 23, 2008, 11:44 AM - Re: Joker Hexagon Fabric Print Interest #887

why didnt you just get one of the joker wigs on ebay?
    Sep 23, 2008, 3:37 PM - Re: Joker Hexagon Fabric Print Interest #888

Quote a_jokers_wild said: View Post
    why didnt you just get one of the joker wigs on ebay?
    This wig cost me $27. The cosmetology girls will cut, color and style it for me FREE!

Compared to the $150 and UP prices I've seen on ebay…well you get the picture!
  14. Member Since
    Aug 2008
    Sep 23, 2008, 5:05 PM - Re: Joker Hexagon Fabric Print Interest #889

ooh, a little fight in her…I LIKE that!!
    Is this board just going to turn into a bunch of people quoting the Joker in context?
    ...because that would be AWESOME.
  15. Member Since
    Aug 2008
    Sep 23, 2008, 9:00 PM - Re: Joker Hexagon Fabric Print Interest #890

Quote Manofmyword718 said: View Post
    Is this board just going to turn into a bunch of people quoting the Joker in context?
    ...because that would be AWESOME.
    The Internet needs a better class of posters. And we're gonna give it to them.

As for the costume, anyone have recommendations on the fabric for the back of the vest? I've got three different types, but none are really right on...one would really even probably be better for the pants if it were a thicker material.

Ordered the ALDOs today but not entirely sure I'm going to scuff them. I do intend on wearing all but the makeup to my company Christmas party this year. Well, I haven't fully decided on the makeup...
  16. Member Since
    Aug 2008
    Sep 23, 2008, 11:04 PM - Re: Joker Hexagon Fabric Print Interest #891

(this might've been posted before)
    hey guys, for a pretty cheap alternative, hot topic has some alright duds

http://www.hottopic.com/hottopic/sto...34374302037309

what i like most is the tripp hexagonal shirt, and while it's not 100% screen accurate, it's not bad for about 30 bucks, especially when 1 yard of the screen accurate fabric is already $26. i'm planning on using this tripp shirt to just parties and stuff, cuz y'know, it is a nice shirt. you can use a promo code GHTBD91W for bdays in sept, just make sure when you sign up you say your bday is in sept. everything else isn't too bad for the price either; while nothing is 100% screen accurate, at least it looks a little better than those cheaply made costumes by those costume companies that sell for $60
    Sep 23, 2008, 11:43 PM - Re: Joker Hexagon Fabric Print Interest #892

i figure if im going to do the joker as he should be then im going to do it as close as possible to the screen version and not waste my time/money on that awful mess, that may be fine for the kids. the only cool thing about it is that you will get your shirt before i do lol. "its not about the money, its about sending a message"
    Last edited by a_jokers_wild; Sep 24, 2008 at 12:02 AM.
    Sep 24, 2008, 10:22 AM - Re: Joker Hexagon Fabric Print Interest #893

Greetings Jokers!!

FYI, just discovered THIS post on the Tabio (sock) website:

Joker Socks by Tabio (Pre-Order)

We are now delighted to confirm for you that our Joker socks will be in stock on Monday the 29th September!! If you already have placed your pre-order, your item(s) will be dispatched within a few days from then.

That puts a SMILE ON MY FACE!

19. Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Sep 24, 2008, 2:38 PM - Re: Joker Hexagon Fabric Print Interest #894

Has anybody heard from Kwally?
    Just wondering the status of our order....
    Sep 24, 2008, 5:42 PM - Re: Joker Hexagon Fabric Print Interest #895

Quote haloenerf said: View Post
    Has anybody heard from Kwally?
    Just wondering the status of our order....
    As far as I know, the order was placed on September 17, 2008.

That puts us all one week into the time frame he gave us.

He said it would take three weeks for printing of the material.

I am guessing that he is keeping low key and getting things done.

I am sure we will hear more as it gets closer to October 8, 2008.

"Because it's all part of the plan."

*Doing Pee Pee Dance* I can't wait...
    Last edited by Sinister; Sep 24, 2008 at 5:55 PM.
  21. Member Since
    Aug 2008
    Sep 24, 2008, 7:41 PM - Re: Joker Hexagon Fabric Print Interest #896

yeah i'd really like at least a confirmation to put my mind at ease that he recieved our payments
    Sep 25, 2008, 8:57 AM - Re: Joker Hexagon Fabric Print Interest #897

What shirt pattern is everyone planning on using?? Im personally thinking of the Simplicity 4760.
  23. Member Since
    Aug 2008
    Sep 25, 2008, 12:53 PM - Re: Joker Hexagon Fabric Print Interest #898

http://www.simplicity.com/dv1_v4.cfm?design=7030

I found that a while back and thought I would try it.

I'm assuming it is Simplicity 7030.
  24. Member Since
    Aug 2008
    Sep 25, 2008, 2:31 PM - Re: Joker Hexagon Fabric Print Interest #899

Just got my Gorify wig, thing is AMAZING. Really realistic, and it actually smelled like shampoo out of the box. Any news on the suspenders?
    Sep 25, 2008, 4:36 PM - Re: Joker Hexagon Fabric Print Interest #900

got my chain & suspenders sorted ^^

not SA but they'll be fine