Subscribe
    Aug 22, 2008, 8:22 AM - Re: Joker Hexagon Fabric Print Interest #526

Just an FYI, but to keep the thread cleaner (I'm guilty of the opposite. ) we have some other Joker threads. It'd help for us all to keep the conversation out of this thread, and get it into the appropriate ones.

Joker Makeup Discussion and photo thread :
    http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/showthread.php?t=27336
    --------------------------
    Joker Costume Findings :
    http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/showthread.php?t=27329
    Aug 22, 2008, 10:24 AM - Re: Joker Hexagon Fabric Print Interest #527

Quote jodo said: View Post
    It'd help for us all to keep the conversation out of this thread, and get it into the appropriate ones.
    Alternately, the discussion could continue on a completely different website.
    Aug 22, 2008, 12:11 PM - Re: Joker Hexagon Fabric Print Interest #528

Nah, thats just getting a little bit to complicated for me.
    Aug 22, 2008, 2:37 PM - Re: Joker Hexagon Fabric Print Interest #529

I'm happy everyone who bought socks up to this point are going to be pissed. Cause their socks are no longer acurate. LOL! I actually have to recant my post and say buy em if you want the perfect costume.
    Aug 22, 2008, 4:29 PM - Re: Joker Hexagon Fabric Print Interest #530

I know I just payed for my socks yesterday (the fake ones)........ I just hope they have them on sale after Halloween so i can grab a pair for day to day.
  6. Member Since
    Aug 2008
    Aug 22, 2008, 4:50 PM - Re: Joker Hexagon Fabric Print Interest #531

ya back to shirt topic now ****** lol, when the heck are we gonna see the finished pattern?? and i advise do not post it direct on here unless its watermarked to no end because ppl will rip it off and sell it on ebay like several people are doing with my zazzle ties and cards, and when i call them out on it they say its not mine...but when i check zazzle i see their name and address is the same as their ebay info...go figure right lol and im not sure about this whole measuring thing so will 3yds make a medium size shirt?? or should i go with 4....we gotta get this puppy moving to get it with plently of time before halloween for those of us like myself who want it for then because its gonna take time to print and such.
    Aug 22, 2008, 5:03 PM - Re: Joker Hexagon Fabric Print Interest #532

yeah, did Kwally say he'd be out of town or something, we haven't heard from him in a while. Well I trust him enough to get this stuff going in time.
  8. Member Since
    Aug 2008
    Aug 22, 2008, 5:34 PM - Re: Joker Hexagon Fabric Print Interest #533

well sereiana did say that the boys would have the pattern on the 19th....and that was 3 days ago so i dont know where in the process we are at at all now lol can we be filled in sereiana? do they have it? did u talk to them about it and they give u any info on the where we are in the printing process??? anything lol
    Aug 22, 2008, 6:37 PM - Re: Joker Hexagon Fabric Print Interest #534

I've not heard anything, but Kwally's busy with his Navy training. So he would have to check this on a phone. Which is a major pain. Pinder I usually see here and there about this time and Sereiana I'm not sure. Have Faith let them figure it out and i guarantee when they know we will know. So try NOT to Pm those guys or bug them with the constant So whats...??? If you need to just Pm another user thats on to see what they have heard. That will limit clutter on here and keep them from answering questions when Kwally could be talking to the printer VP or Sereana vectoring and let Pinder un-cross his eyes and help Farm silk to get our Ties made (Turnbull&Asser Oh yeah!!!) Oh and I did purchase the Socks today Direct From Tabio. (they cost $39.25 USD) Which is way too much, but then again They're Speckled and the socks on Ebay are still going at about there on auctions and 3x that on BIN prices.
    Last edited by gagnon49456; Aug 22, 2008 at 7:27 PM.
  10. Member Since
    Aug 2008
    Aug 22, 2008, 9:27 PM - Re: Joker Hexagon Fabric Print Interest #535

Is there anny way a newbie can get a part of this gig? Finally I find some jokers as crazy as me for perfection. Three yards before halloween would be a miracle.

????????????????????
    Aug 22, 2008, 10:31 PM - Re: Joker Hexagon Fabric Print Interest #536

Well...I got the 10-buck socks, because quite frankly, most folks won't even know the difference, and since I'm betting about 95% of folks here doing the Joker don't even resemble Ledger, screen accuracy issues kinda fly out the window......my big *** sure doesn't look like him...
    Rob
  12. Member Since
    Aug 2008
    Aug 22, 2008, 10:48 PM - Re: Joker Hexagon Fabric Print Interest #537

I'm new here but have been a member of The RPF for years. Kwally has been posting over there and he as done a wondefull job thus far getting this off the ground. There are a lot of immitation Joker shirts out there, but this one seems to be 'the one' to own.
    I just got my Joker wig from Gorify.com (now sold out and only available on Ebay). It is a really fantastic wig - expensive, but real hair that totally knocks anything Rubies makes out of the water.
    I too own the 'replica' socks. They look perfect and they really are a minor costume piece that won't require a lot of scrutiny like the topcoat or the shrit.
    I too hope to hear the latest very soon on the shirt fabric...in the meantime, anyone have any clues as to the pants??
    Aug 23, 2008, 5:39 AM - Re: Joker Hexagon Fabric Print Interest #538

Quote Ghostsoldier said: View Post
    and since I'm betting about 95% of folks here doing the Joker don't even resemble Ledger, screen accuracy issues kinda fly out the window
    Rob
    Speak for your self, i'm scheduled for a plastic surgery consultation this Wednesday.
    Aug 23, 2008, 12:24 PM - Re: Joker Hexagon Fabric Print Interest #539

Quote generalFROSTY said: View Post
    I too hope to hear the latest very soon on the shirt fabric...in the meantime, anyone have any clues as to the pants??
    Here are my pants. (details below)

These were originally a light grey with white pinstripes, 100% wool, $20 pair of grey slacks from Macy's. Using Purple Rit Dye for 24 hours, then Royal Blue Rit Dye for 30 minutes, I was able to get the right shade. Use seperate dye buckets. After each dye, I rinsed and dried the pants before moving on. This week, I will be taking off the belt loops and adding suspender (braces) buttons to the inside of the waist for my suspenders...
    Aug 23, 2008, 1:04 PM - Re: Joker Hexagon Fabric Print Interest #540

Quote Flonkerton said: View Post
    Speak for your self, i'm scheduled for a plastic surgery consultation this Wednesday.
    Why? I got a razor and a high threshhold for Pain. Specially the kind that can make you smile After all that fun I may just have to get some hair extensions or something LOL! Oh and I am also looking into getting a streching tortore device to hopefully get a little taller. We'll see though you wouldnt belive how much those are on Ebay. Just Ridiculous!!!
  16. Member Since
    Aug 2008
    Aug 23, 2008, 1:15 PM - Re: Joker Hexagon Fabric Print Interest #541

I know Kwally's starting a separate thread for this purpose, but in case I miss the deadline I just want to state up front that I'm going in for 3 yards. Also, I'm having trouble finding a place that will make the shirt, and at the risk of sounding greedy, I think I speak for most of us when I say I'd be perfectly willing to pay extra to have it sent as an actual dress shirt. If this is impossible, I still want the fabric.

Edit: after reading other posts by new members, I think it's only fair to admit that yes, I am a newbie. However, I have been trying hard for a very long time to put together a screen-accurate Joker costume, and I'm relieved to finally find a group of people united by the same goal. I can only hope we all find what we're looking for.
    Last edited by Manofmyword718; Aug 24, 2008 at 11:57 AM. Reason: additional info
    Aug 23, 2008, 1:36 PM - Re: Joker Hexagon Fabric Print Interest #542

Sinister Those Pants are amazing. you should post a pic of the suspenders you are using.
  18. Member Since
    Aug 2008
    Aug 23, 2008, 2:11 PM - Re: Joker Hexagon Fabric Print Interest #543

Quote Sinister said: View Post

These were originally a light grey with white pinstripes, 100% wool, $20 pair of grey slacks from Macy's. Using Purple Rit Dye for 24 hours, then Royal Blue Rit Dye for 30 minutes, I was able to get the right shade. Use seperate dye buckets. After each dye, I rinsed and dried the pants before moving on. This week, I will be taking off the belt loops and adding suspender (braces) buttons to the inside of the waist for my suspenders...

SWEET PANTS!! Now I got the pants down...Thanks for the info too.
    Aug 23, 2008, 2:38 PM - Re: Joker Hexagon Fabric Print Interest #544

Quote gagnon49456 said: View Post
    Sinister Those Pants are amazing. you should post a pic of the suspenders you are using.
    Thanks for the compliments. I will post pictures of the suspenders (braces)once they are finished. Still in progress...
    Aug 23, 2008, 3:35 PM - Re: Joker Hexagon Fabric Print Interest #545

Quote Sinister said: View Post

sorry this may just be me, but how did you preserve the pinstripe after dying? Did you re-draw them? once again sorry if this question is stupid.
    Aug 23, 2008, 3:47 PM - Re: Joker Hexagon Fabric Print Interest #546

Quote Flonkerton said: View Post
    sorry this may just be me, but how did you preserve the pinstripe after dying? Did you re-draw them? once again sorry if this question is stupid.
    No stupid questions... The pinstripes absorb a different amount of the dyes than the rest of the pants. So, they become a lighter shade of the pants and maintain their look. No fuss or retouching at all...
    Aug 23, 2008, 7:17 PM - Re: Joker Hexagon Fabric Print Interest #547

Alright I know its been a bit of a time since you've heard from me.

You can't imagine how much of a HELL making this pattern has been. I'm not sugar coating this - it was a bastard and thats being NICE about it.

Thanks to pinder, and some light photo reference I was happily and secure in the knowledge that the pattern lines have been counted - and I could keep it accurate to that degree.
    However - since I did this vector by cutting out all of the miniscule pattern bits - I can honestly say it's the most complex vector I've ever encountered and my computer HATED IT - most of the remaining time was spent just figuring out fractions of pixels to get things to line up and then waiting 3 minutes for the computer to comply and make changes.

THAT SAID....
    HERE SOMETHING YOU'VE BEEN WAITING FOR!

Notice that the Checker patterns at the top end up next too each other as they should.

Folks we cant get any closer than this.
    The actual color ended up being cross reference sampled from every photo I could get my hands on with solid lighting as well as the recommendations of the board. I took ALL of these samples and allowed the computer to average them all out ^_^
    Then I tweaked it a hair from there. What do you think?

The actual vector is also to scale. Even if this picture isnt.
    Aug 23, 2008, 7:24 PM - Re: Joker Hexagon Fabric Print Interest #548

((also we may want to move the jibber about costume bits over to the joker costume findings thread to keep this clutter free from here on out. All the same FANTASTIC pants - I think I might have to thieve your dying ratios))
  24. Member Since
    Aug 2008
    Aug 23, 2008, 7:38 PM - Re: Joker Hexagon Fabric Print Interest #549

wow that looks great is it just me or do those edges look really wide?? shouldnt they be a bit smaller?? or is that just how the pic is...and i guess the color isnt to bad lol
    Aug 23, 2008, 7:50 PM - Re: Joker Hexagon Fabric Print Interest #550

Actually the edges when compared to the actual shirt are just about right. They are a HAIR wide (less than a milimeter (but it wouldnt snap to a grid for lining things up any other way TRUST ME)) -
    Given HOW close it is - and the complexity of the pattern - I just plain CAN'T do anything about it.