Joker Hexagon Fabric Print Interest

Re: Joker Hexagon Fabric Print Interest

just a quick question, how much does it usually cost to get a shirt made.
    My local tailor wants $70, does that sound fair or is it too much?

Well it depends on a couple things - if you just wanted someone to follow a pattern and sew a shirt than yeah - but a tailor is going to measure you thoroughly and do a fitting and all. It'll probably end up being the best fit shirt you own!

From
    South Wales

LadySewforus said: View Post
    Maybe this will help...

Certainly does, thanks Debbi!!!!

Kwally can you put me down for 4 yards if its a 45" roll or 3 yards if its a 60" roll please?

Does anyone think it would be neccessary to have two shirts???

As long as you took good care of it, you shouldn't have any problems. Plus you'll probably be wearing the coat most of the time, and the vest covers most of the front, so the only part that would be exposed is the upper chest and collar. You might get some white make-up on the collar, but I honestly think that would add a lot more depth and realism to the costume. 8)

I think if you want to have a shirt dedicated to your costume and one that you can have on hand for impressing a date or for job interviews and stuff like that is the only reason to have an extra. Also if you find a girl impressed by the shirt (knowing exactly what it is) KEEPER!!!!

From
    Sunny Sarlacc Pit, NE Florida

I don't wanna play the Devil's Advocate here, fellas, but after seeing TDK for the 6th time last night, and paying particular attention to the shirt, I can't help but believe it is printed on a blue background....I'm sorry, and maybe I'm nuts, but in all the interregation scenes, in the studio stills, and all the posters I've seen so far, I can't help but see that the shirt definately has a blue tint to it, beneath the hex pattern...some say lighting may be to blame, and color-correcting aside, there are too many instances where you can see the shirt, and it does not look white....

So Kwally...what are the chances that the printing company would print 2 runs of the pattern, one on white, and one on a light blue, for those of us who believe it is that color?
    Rob

Too late at this point. Unless you are comfortable complicating things possibly making us all have to pay more and worse wait even longer to get our shirts fabric. I wouldnt be too comfortable with that. Especially after all of last week the point being debated on many different occasions which led to the Pent-Ultimate decision as voted by all of us active in this thread. Dont mean to attack. Just for everyone's sake and stake in this. Besides even if this is printed on Bright Virgin white cotton fabric The pattern colored and sized as we are thinking will make no difference. the Pattern will eat that White. so for the sake of getting things moving. Please can we just stop these Random quips of dissention and just let it be. Im not speaking for everyone here and this Is Kwally's final decision, but I'm not going to sit here and let this pass thats its going to be ok to keep putting this process to a total Halt. To Re-discuss topics previously Put in stone. (of Course only those that are concerning the Hex shirt. I still love discussing the ties, shoes and other various elements of each of our personal costumes.)

Preach on my brother! Lets get things going...BTW what happened with the new thread for the sales?

From
    Sacramento, CA

Sorry Ghostsoldier, but gagnon does have a point.
    These are multiple shots of the real shirt from two different public displays...
    Looks white here and that is what most people here agreed to for this project...
    Last edited by Sinister; Aug 18, 2008 at 7:28 PM.

From
    Salem, Oregon

The photos we have of the costume in Normal lighting, it is obviously white. I am surprised to see that we are quick to discredit these ref photos because it looks different on film. Colors will change in different lighting and will always look a little different on film. Especially when every frame is color-alterted to set the mood the director wants. You cannot convince yourself that it's one color based on the movie, when it's a different color in person. It's an illusion we see that makes it appear a lighter shade of blue. Test for your self, Print white text with a blue background and told it away from yourself and see how the white "changes" color.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 056-jpg  
    Last edited by Seven; Aug 19, 2008 at 10:30 AM.

Like I said I dont Want dissention and Everyone has the right to give their opinion and I know Ghost Soldier Brought his with the best of Intentions to make this shirt as Perfect as possible. I am just hoping to speak for those who just really want a great shirt but dont want to hop in here and join the fray. I know alot of us on here could fight these points forever. So I'm going to be the first one to say thanks, but at this point its not conclusive enough to hold up this production. That's what I should have said, but as it were Ghost Soldier's post just happened to be the one to launch me to action. Also being another person that just saw it for the sixth time Saturday evening I can totally respect and see where he's basing his opinion. I thought the shirt was a wash of Greens, blue and purple myself untill I really tryed to focus on it later. So as I said lets not gain up on each other We have a stake in this. I just think at this point notions to change should be null and void here in and if anyone dosnt agree with what we have come up with at this point maybe should not commit. So lets try and stay civil and we are a family unit in this from here on and I really want to get along with my Brothers and Sisters and even more importantly Revill together in our own Personal victories in the End of this. Which Should be a thread later. I'd like to keep contact with everyone and hear how things go for all of us.

I also am wondering are you collecting money now KWALLY? If so I need a link to the thread. Thanks

From
    Iowa

well, it is going to be on a white background boys...it is 100% cotton soooo u could try and dye it if u really really want...I'm hoping to start taking orders once I get the vector and talk with my fabric guy....don't get worried if I'm not on as often or don't always reply to pm's...I have navy training right now and it gets annoying typing on my iPhone

From
    Sacramento, CA

Sorry Ghostsoldier. I too did not mean any disrespect. Your opinion is totally valid. In my own experiences as a costume enthusiast for many years, I can say that every costume I have replicated from a motion picture has always given me this same problem. It's all in the lighting. I also speak from experience, having worked in the "business" that lighting is always complicated and it is always done to make things look the way they want on film. All different from the reality of course. I also thought that it was many different shades during the research portion of making this part of the costume, so I share your pain. However, I have total faith in Kwally, Pinder, Seriana, and all others that have put in thier blood, sweat, and tears to give us all the closest shirt possible. I doubt any of us will be disappointed in the finished product...

Here's to the next phase and the finished material...

And I'm back from busy race weekend (yes drag racing). I didn't receive the dimensions from the tie pattern until late last night, and this forum was not loading for me at all. I'm going to eat dinner and scale up the pattern. Be back with the info in a few.

Rob,

I'd also consider how the ENTIRE film has a blue hue. That would probably in some way effect how your eyes see that tiny bit of white which is being surrounded by blue. In your mind it would register as "blue" when lets say a white wall would register as "a white wall with blue light on it" just because of the scale and the colors directly around it. I also do see what you guys mean on the interrogation photos, it does look like two blue colors, and looks awesome, but I don't think we ourselves could replicate it and be successful without expensive trial and error.

I still cant find my camera, but anywho the Ties I got from Wal-mart for $10. I was able to alter into a slim 60's style tie with the help of my boss. She's got some true knowledge and skill in Embroidery and Im hoping to have her add an extra touch to my tie with some purple and green embroidery over the original pattern on the tie. Oh and Kwally you been out to Great Lakes yet? I still have some found memories of that base.

Alright, using the dimensions I was given, as well as the known dimensions from my knife, I'm ending up with the inside length of each hexagon side is between 1 1/8" and 1 1/4" or 29 - 32 cm.

For those wanting to make your current ties skinnier, I was told the widest part of the tie is 2 3/4" or 45 cm.

As far as the base color of the shirt... my $.02 is that you can NEVER try to color match off of screen caps or film. The only way to get the right color is to hope the costume will be on display somewhere and that someone gets pics in natural lighting. To me, it looks as though the base color is white, based on the Arclight display. I mean, look at the colors of the real tie. It looks very different on film.

**** thats a pretty tie...my tie on zazzle isnt that color its the screen color...that ties super sexy...to bad they sold out..if they were smart they'd get more of that fabric printed and sell it as the joker tie...except its 175$ for it...im sure someone will make replicas with those colors...the problem is on screen it looks brown like mine

Currently they are waiting for their silk supplier to re-open, should be at the end of the month. When that happens they will be making more. This is what they told me when I called. There is currently a waiting list for those interested.

well i guess the other tie i made is pretty close to those colors...

http://www.zazzle.com/final_design_j...86514022305476

its not thin but what can you do....

OKay guys - sorry for a delay I had a laptop issue that I needed to fix or I would have had to remake the vector <_< This vector was very tedious - getting the hexagons in scale and capable of 'snapping' to the grid perfectly - and then turning pinders interpretation into a perfectly symmetrical perfectly evenly spaced design - and figuring out the pattern key - and how to tile it : all of this was a pain - its been worth it.*no worries I didnt lose my work - but I should be sending the vector to the guys tommorow night

:thumbup:thumbup:thumbupsereiana:thumbup:thumbup :thumbup

From
    Sacramento, CA

sereiana said: View Post
    OKay guys - sorry for a delay I had a laptop issue that I needed to fix or I would have had to remake the vector <_< This vector was very tedious - getting the hexagons in scale and capable of 'snapping' to the grid perfectly - and then turning pinders interpretation into a perfectly symmetrical perfectly evenly spaced design - and figuring out the pattern key - and how to tile it : all of this was a pain - its been worth it.*no worries I didnt lose my work - but I should be sending the vector to the guys tommorow night
    Much gratitude for all the hard work Seriana...:thumbup

I helped at SDCC '08 The Clayster's Avatar
    From
    Laughlin, NV

The tie bought at Wal-Mart looks a lot like that, the green George one (if that has been posted already, oh well) and I bought two of them. I bought a blue one cause it looked cool, and a green one.