Subscribe
    May 10, 2015, 6:01 PM - Help? I'm trying to build Boba Fett's helmet for the first time #1

Hey everybody, I'm new here and I'm trying to build a cardboard Boba Fett helmet based on the paper template available in places here on the site.

I'm not using any special kind, I'm just using re-purposed box cardboard.

I had already made the helmet out of cardboard, but messed it up by applying dry-wall filler which ruined it.

I am currently assembling a new cardboard helmet, but I have no clue what to do with the finishing touches! Do I use paper mache? Do I just fill in the gaps with glue?

Any advice would be superb. Thanks.
  2. Become a member for 90 days and create 50 posts and you won't see these ads.Register now!
    May 18, 2015, 1:09 AM - Re: Help? I'm trying to build Boba Fett's helmet for the first time #2

Quote dir298 said: View Post
    Hey everybody, I'm new here and I'm trying to build a cardboard Boba Fett helmet based on the paper template available in places here on the site.

I'm not using any special kind, I'm just using re-purposed box cardboard.

I had already made the helmet out of cardboard, but messed it up by applying dry-wall filler which ruined it.

I am currently assembling a new cardboard helmet, but I have no clue what to do with the finishing touches! Do I use paper mache? Do I just fill in the gaps with glue?

Any advice would be superb. Thanks.
    do you have a picture of where you are at so far? From there I can see maybe what would help you
    May 18, 2015, 1:37 AM - Re: Help? I'm trying to build Boba Fett's helmet for the first time #3

I ended up using spackling paste to fill in the holes, it works for most of the helmet but the dome still shows it's multiple pieces.
  5. May 31, 2015, 10:15 PM - Re: Help? I'm trying to build Boba Fett's helmet for the first time #4

Bondo body filler is the way to go! I'm doing a pepakura helmet and was skeptical about using at first but it sands down really nice and isn't as porous as spackle. Definitely worth a shot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. May 31, 2015, 10:27 PM - Re: Help? I'm trying to build Boba Fett's helmet for the first time #5

Bondo is a lot more resilient than Spackle, set fast so use in smaller amounts and sand sand sand as you go. Before you know it you will have a helmet that will be more bondo than card, but will be infinitely stronger.
    Pictures paint a thousand words let us see so we know how better to assist.