Subscribe
  1. Member Since
    Jan 2010
    Mar 18, 2010, 10:50 AM - [Gemini Khan] Iron Man Helmet Build (pics heavy) #1

Here we go, I've been active on THERPF but that's my first thread here.
    I'll let my pics make the talk

Enjoy

The helmet was first created on a flat template on photoshop using sideshow bust as visual reference, I then moved the template to a sintra sheet and then I cut it and started to shape it.
    Other materials used in the process where milliput, bondo and final tamiya putty to cover little holes and dents.

It's been an awfully difficult and time spending job, but the final result was really worth it.
    I'm really glad with the way it turned out.

Hope you guys like it.
    For any questions you might have, please go ahead and ask, I'll reply as throughly as I can

2. Member Since
    Jan 2010
    Mar 18, 2010, 10:51 AM - Re: [Gemini Khan] Iron Man Helmet Build (pics heavy) #2

Ok, the first cast you see, was pulled from a mold that didn't turn out pretty good.
    But I had to give it as a present so I couldn't even fix it...didn't have time...I went on to paint it, hurrying that too...and put lights in.
    I'll post the pics of the new mold and cast in the next post under this one

3. Member Since
    Jan 2010
    Mar 18, 2010, 10:52 AM - Re: [Gemini Khan] Iron Man Helmet Build (pics heavy) #3

4. Mar 18, 2010, 11:51 AM - Re: [Gemini Khan] Iron Man Helmet Build (pics heavy) #4

Wow! That is really impressive work. Especially like the fact that your documented the entire process.
  5. Mar 18, 2010, 12:19 PM - Re: [Gemini Khan] Iron Man Helmet Build (pics heavy) #5

Quote Gemini Khan said: View Post

CHOMPCHOMP!!!!!!! anyway, nice!!!!!!!!
    Mar 18, 2010, 3:30 PM - Re: [Gemini Khan] Iron Man Helmet Build (pics heavy) #6

WOW! Nice build! It turned out great.
    Mar 18, 2010, 5:45 PM - Re: [Gemini Khan] Iron Man Helmet Build (pics heavy) #7

wow this is good.

p.s. Armored Artichoke you don't need to quote ten pics when he posted them right before, it takes up a lot of room.
    Apr 6, 2010, 2:29 PM - Re: [Gemini Khan] Iron Man Helmet Build (pics heavy) #8

****, that's some nice work.

I'm currently doing an Iron Man helmet that I bought as a raw cast, and I'll definitely be referring to this thread for comparisons. Great job!!
    Apr 6, 2010, 2:32 PM - Re: [Gemini Khan] Iron Man Helmet Build (pics heavy) #9

BTW, what color/paint did you use for the gold facemask portion?
  10. Member Since
    Apr 2010
    Apr 6, 2010, 10:45 PM - Re: [Gemini Khan] Iron Man Helmet Build (pics heavy) #10

impressive work. Congrats!!
  11. Member Since
    Jan 2010
    Apr 26, 2010, 6:53 AM - Re: [Gemini Khan] Iron Man Helmet Build (pics heavy) #11

Tooth, I used just a regular gold, nothing particular
  12. Member Since
    May 2010
    May 10, 2010, 9:48 AM - Re: [Gemini Khan] Iron Man Helmet Build (pics heavy) #12

hey i have a question were do u get some of that sintra stuff you talked about.that u used to like shape the mask when u firs started.
  13. Member Since
    May 2010
    May 10, 2010, 9:57 AM - Re: [Gemini Khan] Iron Man Helmet Build (pics heavy) #13

and is there any other material because sintra is a preety penny and i dont want to spend that much on it so is there any other material?
  14. Member Since
    Apr 2008
    May 14, 2010, 7:00 PM - Re: [Gemini Khan] Iron Man Helmet Build (pics heavy) #14

Well, if I remember correctly.. in the movie he says "Hotrod red"
  15. Member Since
    Jan 2010
    May 14, 2010, 7:04 PM - Re: [Gemini Khan] Iron Man Helmet Build (pics heavy) #15

bryce, actually i wouldn't know about any other material like sintra. You could try with the black big trash cans. Buy those and then cut them. They should work almost the same...
  16. Member Since
    Jan 2010
    May 15, 2010, 9:50 AM - Re: [Gemini Khan] Iron Man Helmet Build (pics heavy) #16

By the way:

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=52328

you can find my template here
    Jun 18, 2010, 1:09 PM - Re: [Gemini Khan] Iron Man Helmet Build (pics heavy) #17

Thanks for contributing to our site!

While our members have a wide range of interests, this site is focused on Star Wars costuming and specifically on Star Wars bounty hunters like Boba Fett. In an effort to maintain this focus we are closing this thread... but all is not lost!

We have an affiliate site, run by the same people who run TDH where you content would be more than welcome! This site is the the Replica Prop Forum, a site dedicated to all props, costumes, and models. Please consider registering and posting your non-Star Wars content there!

Does this mean we don't want you here at TDH? Not at all! We would love for you to continue to participate here but would ask that you move any non-Star Wars content to the RPF!