Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Subscribe
    May 19, 2014, 1:10 PM - Re: Full boba fett build over time with a noob. #26

a little update:Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bild (1).JPG 
Views:	68 
Size:	516.0 KB 
ID:	77051Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bild.JPG 
Views:	63 
Size:	684.6 KB 
ID:	77052 started with the jetpack! i wonder why i begin new things when i havn´t even finished the helmet :/ wich i am remaking the mandibles and the keyslots on
    May 29, 2014, 5:53 PM - Re: Full boba fett build over time with a noob. #27

update! :Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bild 1.JPG 
Views:	39 
Size:	278.0 KB 
ID:	77323
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bild 2.JPG 
Views:	44 
Size:	240.1 KB 
ID:	77324

Name:	bild 3.JPG 
Views:	39 
Size:	260.8 KB 
ID:	77325

Name:	bild 4.JPG 
Views:	41 
Size:	253.2 KB 
ID:	77326

Name:	bild 5.JPG 
Views:	47 
Size:	259.8 KB 
ID:	77327 i think im starting to get happy with the helmet now! it will be fun to see it when primed! been sanding like an animal! if anybody sees this and have kritisism im glad to hear so that i can fix it i want this helmet to be good when im done
  3. Member Since
    Jun 2014
    Jun 1, 2014, 9:11 PM - Re: Full boba fett build over time with a noob. #28

Great job so far. If you don't mind my asking, where did you find patterns for the knee armor? I've cut out everything for my armor build only to realize that I am missing patterns for knees! Oops. Don't know how I'm going to protect those.
  4. Member Since
    Jun 2014
    Jun 3, 2014, 9:52 PM - Re: Full boba fett build over time with a noob. #29

What materials are you using for everything? Looks great!
    Jun 9, 2014, 3:56 PM - Re: Full boba fett build over time with a noob. #30

Hi man! i really dont know where i got them :P i downloaded as many as i could and then took the best ones i had there are some to get i think i got most of them over at the rpf! check there there is a thread with a lot of starwars peps: Fierfek's Star Wars Pepakura File Development there is a couple of kneepeps there! fierfek needs a lot of thanks from me! thanks for watching. stay tuned for more slow progress!
    Jun 9, 2014, 4:04 PM - Re: Full boba fett build over time with a noob. #31

@cyberpatriot Hi man! i live in sweden and we dont have the normal building materials that people usualy work with here. So ive had a little trial and error to get the right stuff to build with. for the pepping im using the thickest paper my printer kan print and of course usual sissors . Because i live in a small apartment i am unable to figerglass the finished peps so i use polyutherane harts to harden it with. Then we dont have bondo in sweden but we have a similar thing called plastic padding thats also used for autobody repairs. They come in a lot of different kinds and ive found the one called: "lättspackel" to be the best one to shape and sand. I use a small plastic spatula to apply the padding and then i have a small kitchen knife to gett the rough shape out of it, later i sand with black and beckers mouse sander, and for small parts a dremel of course! the last sanding i do by hand with 120 grit paper and a lot of reggaetunes i my ears . I also have begun working alot whith super sculpey and that works good for me. ive tried using milliput but it doesnt do it for me.
    Jun 9, 2014, 4:15 PM - Re: Full boba fett build over time with a noob. #32

hi guys! a little update. I have made a decision to finish the helmet before i do anything else otherwise im going to go crazy! so i did about 12 hours of work on it since last time and im starting to get there! i primed it and discovered som bits and bobs left to fill and sand but its not much. have a look and see what you think of it. im really sorry for the crappy pics. when its ready i will get a better camera and take some nice fotos. i promise

!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bild 1 (1).JPG 
Views:	53 
Size:	274.3 KB 
ID:	77599Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bild 2 (1).JPG 
Views:	47 
Size:	279.6 KB 
ID:	77601

Name:	bild 3 (2).JPG 
Views:	41 
Size:	311.1 KB 
ID:	77603my little star wars shrine

Name:	bild 2 (2).JPG 
Views:	42 
Size:	467.0 KB 
ID:	77602Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bild 1 (2).JPG 
Views:	49 
Size:	321.1 KB 
ID:	77600

Name:	bild 4 (1).JPG 
Views:	45 
Size:	196.0 KB 
ID:	77604i dont know how to flip it around haha. not so good with computers. i like sanding more
    Jun 10, 2014, 11:00 PM - Re: Full boba fett build over time with a noob. #33

This is looking great. I'm glad I'm not the only one that wants to scratch build his entire costume. Keep up the great work and keep the pictures coming.
    Jun 12, 2014, 8:08 AM - Re: Full boba fett build over time with a noob. #34

That bucket looks great! Well done. I'm planning on building my own for a custom in the near future, just hope mine turns out half this good
    Jun 15, 2014, 3:31 PM - Re: Full boba fett build over time with a noob. #35

Quote RalfSkunk said: View Post
    This is looking great. I'm glad I'm not the only one that wants to scratch build his entire costume. Keep up the great work and keep the pictures coming.
    Well thank you kind sir!
    i think its real fun to build it all myself i would love to se your build!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote DisposablHero said: View Post
    That bucket looks great! Well done. I'm planning on building my own for a custom in the near future, just hope mine turns out half this good
    wow thank you for the very nice words!
  11. Member Since
    Jun 2014
    Jun 25, 2014, 12:54 PM - Re: Full boba fett build over time with a noob. #36

Wow, great work so far. Just read through from the beginning, it's been said before but you have really good pep skills!
    I'm a couple days from starting my own, I am using Fierfek's files as I want to build from scratch as much as I can, (and there great files!). You've done some great work here, can't wait to see more
    Jun 29, 2014, 4:56 AM - Re: Full boba fett build over time with a noob. #37

Quote TheBeard said: View Post
    Wow, great work so far. Just read through from the beginning, it's been said before but you have really good pep skills!
    I'm a couple days from starting my own, I am using Fierfek's files as I want to build from scratch as much as I can, (and there great files!). You've done some great work here, can't wait to see more
    Hey wow thanks for being so kind it really helps to keep my slow a** on the work . If your thinking about doing fierfek's files there is some things on it that is pretty off. the rangefinder you dont even need its not accurate. the cheeks you should modify yourself with the help from some ref pics and the rangefinder holder thingy is not right ether. Ive seen some really great stencils on this site that i would use if i make another one! try those instead! and go with the exact same procedure as if you would pep a bucket i will keep an eye on you for your scratch build
    Jul 6, 2014, 9:00 AM - Re: Full boba fett build over time with a noob. #38

Very nice work, especially the way you're able to break the process down and give reasons to your choices and stages.
    Jul 8, 2014, 4:51 PM - Re: Full boba fett build over time with a noob. #39

Quote Sweriba said: View Post
    Very nice work, especially the way you're able to break the process down and give reasons to your choices and stages.
    thank you man! for the nice feedback you get an update

Name:	bild (5).JPG 
Views:	37 
Size:	454.6 KB 
ID:	78348 made some silicone molds that looks like shiiiit but they work fine and after a few tries they come out really clean!

Name:	bild (4).JPG 
Views:	28 
Size:	425.5 KB 
ID:	78349

Name:	bild (2).JPG 
Views:	36 
Size:	565.9 KB 
ID:	78350now i know that the real deal is supposed to have clear resin but i dont have that at home so ive cast them in polyutherane harts rotj style so far. im thinking of making the litle greeble seperate so i can make both rotj or esb.

Name:	bild (3).JPG 
Views:	38 
Size:	1.49 MB 
ID:	78351tried out some lights in it looks kinda good huh? im realy pleased with them anyway.

thanks for looking feedback and comments more than welcome!
    Sep 8, 2014, 3:35 PM - Re: Full boba fett build over time with a noob. #40

update: done a bunch of work on le bucket!

Name:	bild (7).JPG 
Views:	32 
Size:	1.31 MB 
ID:	80531

Name:	bild (9).JPG 
Views:	43 
Size:	304.5 KB 
ID:	80532

im about to prime and make a mold out of this badboy so if anybody has anything to say do it now please!
  16. Member Since
    Jun 2014
    Sep 13, 2014, 9:37 AM - Re: Full boba fett build over time with a noob. #41

That looks so damn good!!
    4 Weeks Ago - Sep 24, 2014, 3:38 PM - Re: Full boba fett build over time with a noob. #42

@Scurvy Thank you man!
    Now there is no turning back its under clay and fiberglass soon under silicone aswell!
    3 Weeks Ago - Sep 27, 2014, 2:51 AM - Re: Full boba fett build over time with a noob. #43

Do you have pictures of your mold? I'm just curious how others set set up their molds.
    3 Weeks Ago - Sep 28, 2014, 4:44 PM - Re: Full boba fett build over time with a noob. #44

Do you have pictures of your mold? I'm just curious how others set set up their molds.
    Hi mr Ralfskunk! im waiting for my silicone to arrive but as soon as it arrives and its been made in to a mold i will post pics of it! love your death watch helmet by the way!
    3 Weeks Ago - Sep 29, 2014, 9:58 PM - Re: Full boba fett build over time with a noob. #45

Thanks! It's a pretty cool feeling to build these things from scratch and have them turn into your favorite shelf topper. I look forward to seeing yours come together as well. Until then, enjoy the build!
    3 Weeks Ago - Sep 30, 2014, 4:51 AM - Re: Full boba fett build over time with a noob. #46

That looks like the cleanest scratchbuilt helmet I've ever seen.
    2 Weeks Ago - Oct 2, 2014, 4:06 PM - Re: Full boba fett build over time with a noob. #47

Quote Jesuit24 said: View Post
    That looks like the cleanest scratchbuilt helmet I've ever seen.
    Now that was a really nice thing to say! thank you so much!

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks! It's a pretty cool feeling to build these things from scratch and have them turn into your favorite shelf topper. I look forward to seeing yours come together as well. Until then, enjoy the build!
    it is a really nice feeling! im just wating for the feeling of it to be done and painted.. i know myself and that will probably take me another year :/..