Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Subscribe
  1. Member Since
    Oct 2013
    Mar 18, 2014, 9:54 AM - Re: Electrical Wire For My Range Finder Issues: #26

ive tried putting this together on a bread board numerous times. going over the diagram with scrutiny, but alas i cant get it to work. only one LED comes on and it doesnt switch or blink. i have tested all thecomponents too... no luck, any chance youcould give me a hand?

Quote t_bone9600 said: View Post
    It was a little complicated trying to assemble it on the small board. I ended up re-doing it about 5 or 6 times, probably, because I'd get too much solder here or there, miss a wire somewhere, or put an LED in backwards.The lights alternate... maybe a little fast, but I think it kinda looks cool. The attached image is the diagram I used. I added the extra LED on the bottom to light up the targeting screen. I'd give credit to whoever made it but I don't remember where I found i, so whoever it is thanks. I have a video of it on my website in the costumes section. I also have a tutorial for a fairly cheap servo set up. It is wired though, but you don't have to worry about someone else using the same radio frequency and making your RF go up/down when you are near them if you go with a remote system.

It looks like both lights are on in the picture but they aren't.
    Mar 18, 2014, 10:26 AM - Re: Electrical Wire For My Range Finder Issues: #27

If only one of your red LEDs is on, then you may have a problem with one of your transistors or one of the resistors that is connected to a transistor.