Subscribe
  1. Jan 5, 2015, 8:18 PM - Correct color for PrePro1 flight suit, I'm color blind please help. #1

Found this for my jumpsuit but wanna make sure the colors correct before locking in.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image-jpg   image-jpg   image-jpg  

image-jpg  
  2. Become a member for 90 days and create 50 posts and you won't see these ads.Register now!
    Jan 6, 2015, 1:23 AM - Re: Correct color for PrePro1 flight suit, I'm color blind please help. #2

Using some of the images from the Gallery is a bit deceiving, as most of the Pre-Pro #1 and Pre-Pro #3 colors have a strange (mostly blue) hue on them. Here is an example:

boba-fett-costume-first-prototype-04-jpg

Using these images as a guide, especially that the Pre-Pro #2 suit had the Pre-Pro #1 abdominal plate, while the Promo suit has the Pre-Pro #1 left chest plate:

boba-fett-costume-second-prototype-21a-jpg boba-fett-promotional-armor-2-06a-png color-corrected-jpg

The result is this:

boba-fett-costume-first-prototype-04a-jpg

You can clearly see that in the color corrected image the flight suit changed its color from light blue to a light gray-blue.

The flight suit material has a close color to the color corrected image, so you are on the right track with your build.
    Jan 6, 2015, 5:29 AM - Re: Correct color for PrePro1 flight suit, I'm color blind please help. #3

I think the color could easily be achieved with the correct mixture of a few ounces of RIT evening blue dye and possibly a few tablespoons of india ink in a small dye bath, similar to the way an esb suit would be dyed from white. If youre using a bull denim or canvas as it appears to be, the colors shouldnt absorb that much into it, "blueing" it up a little if need be.
  5. Jan 6, 2015, 9:02 AM - Re: Correct color for PrePro1 flight suit, I'm color blind please help. #4

image-jpgIncredible! I was also shown I should find a cotton twill cloth. This sample I has is duck canv. I'll head up North and try and locate the C. Twill in this color. I'll also look into those INKs. I won a $150 card to Joann's from this weekend Cosplay contest and since this armor has already taken all my $$ I think the makers telling me it's soft parts time. Again thank you for your help! I'll post a update sample soon.
    Last edited by BobaFettatx; Jan 6, 2015 at 9:25 AM.
  6. Jan 10, 2015, 2:39 PM - Re: Correct color for PrePro1 flight suit, I'm color blind please help. #5

image-jpgOk so I just got back and I found a cotton twill white and inks ( grey, blue ) tonight I will try and boil up a color and post some samples.

I got 6 yards to be sure :P

Next I will search for Vest matirial and Cape.

Just gotta say again, thank you guys for helping me to make this right and correct. Growing up with a restoration shop owner as a father I have a burning desire to hold to the original design as much as I can.
    Last edited by BobaFettatx; Jan 10, 2015 at 8:40 PM.