Great work Nic! I think I will follow your lead on the head adjustment. Good callFigured I would add a couple mods I did. First, I cut it down using Gilmore's method. The only thing I did a little different was to move the slide bolt on the left leg up and a little to the left-
This makes him stand straighter(stock he is leaning to the left a little. I then kind of broke it at the crotch to move his right leg to the right to give him a little wider stance. When I did the cut to shorten the manne, I had to take a little more off the left side to make him stand straight. I will have to get some more pics up.
Next, I suited him up then decided to build a head. I was going to try and find a foam head, but I am impatient and didn't feel like buying a head when I have free scrap laying around First I trace out the top of the neck on a piece of paper and used it as a template to cut out a piece of wood for the base. Then I screwed a square of 2x4 to the top of it. I then drilled a 7/8 hole through it
I then mounted to the top of the neck-
Then used a piece of broom handle, the same broom handle I used to piece the 2 body halves together. I then cut another piece of 2x4 for the top, and drilled the 7/8 hole halfway through it. It took a couple tries to cut the broom handle at the right length.-