Bondo?

From
    Lawrence, KS

Bondo?

Hey guys,
    where do you get Bondo from? What does it look like, as in what form does it come in (can, tube, water balloon?)? I have seen some auto bondo at Wal-mart, is that it? Thanks

Re: Bondo?

I just picked up a can of Bondo from Wal-Mart today, and I believe it is what everybody else uses as well. It is a red and white can with "Bondo Body Filler" and a red car on the front.

From
    Earth

petepurin said: View Post
    Hey guys,
    where do you get Bondo from? What does it look like, as in what form does it come in (can, tube, water balloon?)? I have seen some auto bondo at Wal-mart, is that it? Thanks

There are two types of bondo.
    1 type where you mix together it usual comes with a cannister of semi white paste and a tube of hardener that is a red color, and the other is premixed in a tube with no mixing involved.

I like the two part bondo because you can chose how much hardener you want, if your going to cover a big area the premix cracks badly but is good for small fills. I would probably suggest getting both, you dont wanna be mixing bondo for small hairline things.

You can find both at Auto Zone, Advance Auto Parts or Ace Hardware.

From
    Richmond, KY

MandoMan said: View Post
    and a red car on the front.
    It's a Mustang. Respect the Mustang.

It's cheapest at Wal-Mart and you'll find it right near the touch-up paint and sandpaper in the automotive section. You can get the midsize can for the same price that you'll pay for the small can at the auto parts stores.

I also use their glazing putty for small stuff. Just don't use it on too large of an area because it will crack just as said above.

From
    VIRGINIA BEACH...VA

Bondo brnd filler is the best to use. If you have a choice, get the automotive variety. It comes with a tube of RED hardener that you mix in. The Homeonwer's version (comes in a tan and blue can) has WHITE hardener. For some it is near impossible to tell when it is completely mixed in.
    The automotive takes on a redish-mauve tint so you KNOW when youhave it all mixed.

Also, do NOT get this on your hands. Others have used their fingers, etc to move it around or smooth it out, some have even used it to mold around their body and hands. THIS STUFF GETS EXTREMELY HOT WHEN IT CURES! I would suggest getting a couple cheap putty knives and having fun.