Subscribe
  1. Member Since
    Oct 2002
    Mar 5, 2004, 10:00 PM - Any Build Plans for a Vacuum Forming Station? #1

Does anyone know if a topic exist in our archives on how to build one? I can't find it if we do. I had an article on how to build one but I lost it. I'm wanting to build a vacuum forming station that is pretty much affordable for the average do it yourselfer. If anyone has built one and would share with us....plus any tips, pros & cons...as well as do's and don'ts ....I'm sure I wouldn't be the only member here that would love to have one parked in the garage. Or in Seekers case.....the kitchen.
    Thanks in advance...Charlie

Mar 5, 2004, 10:10 PM - Re: Any Build Plans for a Vacuum Forming Station? #2

There was one that was built not too long ago by DCB and MP.
    Mar 6, 2004, 1:03 AM - Re: Any Build Plans for a Vacuum Forming Station? #3

IMO, the best one on the net:

http://www.halloweenfear.com/vacuumformintro.html

Mine is built like this as well.
  4. Member Since
    Oct 2002
    Mar 6, 2004, 1:20 AM - Re: Any Build Plans for a Vacuum Forming Station? #4

Thanks Fetthunter! That is a pretty good site. Anyone wanting a vacuum forming setup should check it out.
    Mar 7, 2004, 9:11 PM - Re: Any Build Plans for a Vacuum Forming Station? #5

That is a nice set-up...If you had an exhaust system to remove the burned plastic smell it would be the shiz-nit.

6. Member Since
    Nov 2006
    Jun 21, 2007, 1:07 PM - Re: Any Build Plans for a Vacuum Forming Station? #6

Check out my new site, VacuumFormerPlans.com:
    http://www.vacuumformerplans.com

At this point, it's mostly an index to information elsewhere, especially tk560.com, which is by far the most useful site for DIY vacuum forming and vacuum former making anywhere on the web. (And it's about costuming, too.)

Ralis Kahn's machine on the halloweenfear site is neat, but doesn't heat particularly evenly. You can fix that using a couple of tricks. (My site has a link to a thread on tk560.) I'm also not thrilled with the cookie sheet platen.

Several of us over at tk560.com have built little over-and-under's more or like Ralis's.

If you want to make a big vacuum former, check out the Thurston James design from his book "The Prop Buider's Molding and Casting Handbook," and Jim Egner's article about building a cheaper version of it using Hardibacker 500 tile backer board rather than expensive millboard. (Again, see my site for links.)
    Jun 22, 2007, 1:46 AM - Re: Any Build Plans for a Vacuum Forming Station? #7

Hey, where in southwest florida are you at? I just finished my vac-former, and im in the south florida, ft. lauderdale area if you wanna check it out.

-tubachris
  8. Jun 14, 2009, 9:22 AM - Re: Any Build Plans for a Vacuum Forming Station? #8

is there anyone in the south florida area that would like to build a vacume forming station 18x 24 approx to form upto 3/16 abs plastic please e-mail me at kajcoldwell@comcast.net
  9. Member Since
    Jun 2009
    Jun 17, 2009, 12:11 PM - Re: Any Build Plans for a Vacuum Forming Station? #9

building it is pretty easy ill post up the one im building when i get home
  10. Member Since
    Jun 2009
    Jun 17, 2009, 12:12 PM - Re: Any Build Plans for a Vacuum Forming Station? #10

<~~~~ btw im in Tampa,FL
    Jun 17, 2009, 12:30 PM - Re: Any Build Plans for a Vacuum Forming Station? #11

Everything you need is here...

http://www.tk560.com/vactable4.html

AWESOME machine. I love mine.

-Tim-