WTB 90%+ Completed

From
    Hoboken, New Jersey, United States

WTB 90%+ Completed

Sorry for a generic Want To Buy post, but not sure how else to post what I'm looking for.

I live in Hoboken, New Jersey and I'm sure you've all heard we had a bit of rain. And some wind. And 4 feet of flooding. Well in that flooding (and now part of a p.i.t.a. insurance claim) were my 95% complete ANH stunt stormtrooper, 98% Ep6 Imperial guard, 50% scout trooper, and various costuming bits and pieces plus all my collectibles that I had saved in original packaging that I've held on to from purchases here and elsewhere. It's been awhile since I've been active on any Star Wars costuming board (though I still lurk) but I'm hoping someone somewhere may be able to help me get back in the swing of things.

Now that my pity party is stated, I want to buy a 90%+ completed Star Wars costume for a character that is 501st approved. I'm hoping someone here may have something they've contemplated parting with, or know someone who has something that is looking for a loving home. I've always wanted a Fett, even though I'm 6'2" and 120lbs (aren't I a little tall for a Fett?) so finding anything that fits has always been a problem. In an ideal world, a 99% complete high quality setup would be ideal but at this point beggars can't be choosers.

So please, someone, utter me the great words "As you wish"...

~ Kevin

From

Re: WTB 90%+ Completed

After some great responses I learned I apparently need to proof-read my proof-reads.

To be clear I am 6'2" and 220lbs.

From
    Northeast U.S.A

Hey there! I responded to your thread over on CT.net too!

An almost complete Fett will run you a lot of $. Quality parts will be expensive even if they are reproductions. Good quality paintjobs can cost as much as the parts themselves... some times more.

This summer I parted out my complete ESB Fett. It was build using some found parts, reproductions, and some of the best quality parts made by the prop makers here. It must have been valued over $4000 in the end... and I painted it myself. Professional painting with custom mixed colors would make that cost rise considerably.

If the cost is not an issue just keep looking in the Cargo Hold. Something always pops up.

If you choose to build up slowly then sign up over at 501stner.com. I have some info posted in a thread that could be very helpful.

Good luck!

From

I know this is a dangerous phrase, but price isn't really an object. I put a lot of work into my other projects so know you get what you pay for. For a mostly complete Fett built by this crew of scum and villainy? Totally worth $4k+ in my mind and I wouldn't blink.

From
    Northeast U.S.A

Sent you a PM!

From
    United States

PM Sent

From
    Florida Gulf Coast

I don't know if you are still looking, but there is a reportedly awesome, complete Fett for sale right now in this thread:

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f31/rotj-fett-46308/

Again, the "money is no object" thing might come into play, but FYI.

From

I did see it! Unfortunately I'm 3" taller and 40-60lbs too heavy...