Subscribe
    Jul 7, 2015, 6:21 PM - Visor Installation #1

Well after trying and failing to install my visor via JB Weld and the Cruzer screw and T nut method, before I muck up my helmet any more I was wondering if there were any reputable/trustworthy forum members that could assist me in installing a visor. I've got the channel cut out, just having issues getting it installed and sitting flush (not perfect, but not showing a huge gap).

Thanks.
  2. Become a member for 90 days and create 50 posts and you won't see these ads.Register now!
    Jul 8, 2015, 9:26 PM - Re: Visor Installation #2

Sorry to hear my method didn't work out. May I ask if you are trying my method on a fiberglass or rotocast helmet? Reason I ask is because I've only ever used my method on my fiberglass helmets, so the rotocast may prove more difficult. Plus, if your visor is not cut from a pre-curved pliable welding/cutting shield, then that could also cause problems.

Just for reference, I usually charge $50 for a removable visor install or $30 if you already have a pre-curved welding shield. I have two installs I'm doing next week and can probably fit your helmet in as well after I get the first color of Jango paint on these two helmets and am waiting for it to dry . All I ask is that you pick up shipping to and from. Hope this might help if you can't find anyone else.
    -Cruzer
    Jul 8, 2015, 11:39 PM - Re: Visor Installation #3

It's an extended t visor I was trying to put in animefans fiberglass cold cast helmet. I'd be more than willing to take you up on your offer, thank you so much! Should I send a pm with my info and to receive yours?

I'm sure your method is great, I'm just going to chalk it up to my inexperience.
    Jul 9, 2015, 1:38 AM - Re: Visor Installation #4

Unfortunately I'll only work with visors cut from pre-curved shields because I've had one too many bad experiences with the thicker/less pliable visors. Shoot me a PM if you can't find someone that's willing to work with your current visor.
    Jul 9, 2015, 9:37 AM - Re: Visor Installation #5

I'll toss you a PM when I'm back from work. Thanks again!
    Jul 17, 2015, 9:17 PM - Visor Installation #6

Worked like a charm after a little extra clean-up to make the helmet's thickness around the visor a tad more consistent. Whatever that white stuff was that was used prior needs to be thrown away. Definitely get some Satellite City CA glue and accelerator spray for any further assembly projects and save yourself any headaches. It'll ship tomorrow if our local UPS store is open. If not, then Monday.

imageuploadedbytapatalk1437185755-964397-jpg imageuploadedbytapatalk1437185765-437292-jpg imageuploadedbytapatalk1437185775-965608-jpg
    Jul 17, 2015, 10:08 PM - Re: Visor Installation #7

Awesome! Can't be happier about that fitment Cruzer, can I trouble you for your services again sometime down the road, friend?

The white stuff was JB Water Weld and it's already in the trash. Lol.