Can't hear outside your helmet? Uproar is your solution!
- Sprayed with an acrylic conformal coating to protect from moisture, dust, dirt, etc.
- Power LED! I use a small (3mm) yellow LED to indicate whether the unit is on or off.
- Board size is 2.3 x 1.74 inches (58.42 x 44.15 mm)and just under .9 inch (22.7 mm) tall.
- Microphone size is .38 inches (9.7 mm) in diameter (just over 3/8 of an inch) and .27 inches (6.7 mm) tall.
- Surround sound in stereo! Left and Right side microphones (they will be marked).
- Standard 3.5 MM headphone jack so you can use your preferred earbuds, headset, etc.
- Your choice of battery - 3 x AA, 3 x CR2016, or 1 x 9v
I've tested all 3 of these setups. I ran the 3 x AA setup for around 52 hours with a .1 drain on the batteries.
The 3 x CR2016 I only ran for an hour, but there was a more significant drain as they are a smaller battery and don't have as much capacity.
I also ran the unit on a single 9v for an hour and figured up the run time from that test.
I am considering a battery "dead" at around 60% of it's original voltage for the purpose of run time testing.
If you're looking for life and lower cost, I'd recommend the AA battery pack over the button cell pack. Unless you have rechargeable 9v batteries, this would take up less space in your bucket and a pair of 9v should last you through an entire day of trooping.
- 3 x AA pack should last somewhere around 350 hours (about 2 weeks) of continuous running.
- 3 x CR2016 are much smaller and likely won't last much longer beyond 3 or 4 hours.
- 1 x 9v should last somewhere around 9 to 10 hours of continuous running.
- Wiring! Microphones will have about a foot of wire, if you need this longer or shorter, please let me know!
The AA battery pack has about 6" of wire, but if you need it longer, again, just let me know.
The 9v battery snap has about 6" of wire as well, but as above, if you need it longer, just let me know!
The coin cell pack was intended to be on a board, but I didn't allow for this when I was designing the board, so if you want the coin cell pack, let me know how long you'd like the wires from it to the board.
Uproar Pricing - $25 per unit
Shipping - $5.80 to most of the USA (I can fit 2 units into the small box this covers)
Outside of the USA, please contact me for a quote!
I ship via USPS, so you will receive a tracking number at the time I ship your unit.
I am willing to provide bulk orders to you overseas folks (or anyone else, for that matter!) to cut down on shipping costs. Please contact me via email to make arrangements!
Contact and PayPal address- firstname.lastname@example.org
I currently have 5 available that are mostly assembled (more boards are being fabricated at this time). I only left off the microphone and battery lines, in case anyone needed custom lengths. Just let me know if the default "about a foot" for mics and 6" for the AA battery box or 9v snap are fine or if you need a custom length.
3. Roddie Fett
4. (Sold at another site)
Next run of boards should be in by the end of the month, I believe, it's a much larger run, too!