Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Subscribe
    Aug 27, 2013, 11:39 PM - Terminal Fettler Rf light kit with honeywell micro switch (FPH2 kit now available) #1

Ok, after many hours with my nose to the grindstone, I have decided that I am able to offer the TF RF w/ switch kits for sale. Keep in mind that the kit requires a hollow stalk (not included) and a terminal fettler rangefinder topper. Also the ear piece from MoJo-Fett, as well as the ear piece for the GMH, are smaller than the standard ear piece and would need modified to get the switch to fit in it.

Here is what is included in the kit:
    Completed light board with the GOW bulbs and wire pre soldered
    Honeywell 1sx1-t micro switch with leads soldered
    Solder-less wire connectors
    9v battery holder
    A set of instructions with pictures (I have them in both Word and PDF formats, just let me know which you would like and an email address to send it to).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kit.JPG 
Views:	286 
Size:	157.2 KB 
ID:	71115

Here is the vid of the kit installed in my own helmet.

Sale List

I tried to make this kit to be as easy as I could to put together (no soldering required), but modifications to the ear piece, topper, and stalk may be needed to get everything to fit, but that stuff is out of my control.

Ok, now for the price. I will be offering these for $95 including shipping, PayPal only. (lower 48 for right now, I will try to get these overseas at a later date).
    In the PayPal invoice notes section please list your TDH name, mailing address, an email address for me to send the instructions to, as well as which file (PDF or Word), you would like me to send you.

I don't want to seem like I am beating a dead horse, but this kit must have a hollow stalk to work, and the GMH as well as the Mojo-Fett ear pieces are a bit small, so some slight modifications are needed to get the switch to fit in them. Also this kit is for the RF that terminal fettler sells, not the asok or fettpride rangefinders. The fettpride kit that is similar to this one will be available soon (I just finished designing the board), and I will also be ordering boards for the asok topper soon as well.

I would like to thank Chris (FP), Asok (R.I.P brother you are missed), and Garrett (TF) for the support in this endeavor, without them this wouldn't be happening.
    Finally I would like to thank everyone for their patience with this project, my recent medical issues really put a damper on this thing for a while, and thank you to everyone for understanding. I hope everyone likes this kit, and I have more stuff swirling in my head, so hopefully I will have new stuff to announce soon.
    JC
    Last edited by Jc27; Aug 20, 2014 at 8:42 PM.
    Aug 27, 2013, 11:55 PM - Re: Terminal Fettler Rf light kit with honeywell micro switch (FP kit coming soon) #2

Looks great, man!!
  3. Member Since
    Oct 2011
    Aug 28, 2013, 1:54 AM - Re: Terminal Fettler Rf light kit with honeywell micro switch (FP kit coming soon) #3

I'll take a kit... been waiting patiently for this one.

woohoo!

Glad you're doing better...
    Aug 28, 2013, 11:08 AM - Terminal Fettler Rf light kit with honeywell micro switch (FP kit coming soon) #4

You know I'm down Brother, add me please
    Quote Quote Posted from iOS app
    Aug 28, 2013, 11:27 AM - Re: Terminal Fettler Rf light kit with honeywell micro switch (FP kit coming soon) #5

No prob syper. PM inbound.
    Aug 29, 2013, 2:46 AM - Re: Terminal Fettler Rf light kit with honeywell micro switch (FP kit coming soon) #6

I'll take one if you have any left! Let me know!
    Aug 29, 2013, 11:09 PM - Re: Terminal Fettler Rf light kit with honeywell micro switch (FP kit coming soon) #7

Ok, I have had a few questions regarding this kit and both the GMH ear piece and the MOJO Fett ear piece. This kit will work with those ear pieces, but they both will need to be altered a bit along with the one corner of the switch, to get the switch to fit in the ear piece as well as to allow the stalk to fit correctly. I do not have a set of ears from Mojo, but I do have a resin GMH ear piece, so I took a pic of it with the micro switch to help illustrate what I mean.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GMH.JPG 
Views:	150 
Size:	121.4 KB 
ID:	71140
    Sep 2, 2013, 12:29 PM - Re: Terminal Fettler Rf light kit with honeywell micro switch (FP kit coming soon) #8

UPDATE
    I will be sending out my paypal info to those who PM'd me about the three that were available. I will also be building one kit tonight so there will be one up for grabs. Lastly I just ordered 4 more switches, so when they get here I will have 4 more kits ready to go. Once these are sold I will be ordering more Asok kit boards, so more of those will be coming soon as well. Once I get some of both kits made and sold, I will be ordering the boards for the FPH2 kit and be building some of those.

I have 4 kits just about ready, I just have to get different wire (the new stuff i bought doesn't fit through the TF or FP hollow stalk) and I'm waiting for the switches to get here (should be about 5 days). Once these are G2G, I will update the first post.
    Thanks to everyone for showing interest in this and being patient with me on getting these things together.
    JC
    Last edited by Jc27; Sep 3, 2013 at 2:15 PM.
    Sep 2, 2013, 3:19 PM - Re: Terminal Fettler Rf light kit with honeywell micro switch (FP kit coming soon) #9

Any word on FP kits?
    Sep 2, 2013, 4:22 PM - Re: Terminal Fettler Rf light kit with honeywell micro switch (FP kit coming soon) #10

LOL, I knew this was coming. The CAD drawing for the board is done, all I need to do is order the boards. Funds are a little low right now (the surgery and my wife's broken leg), so I wont be ordering them until I sell all 4 of these kits. Three are already spoken for, so I just need the last one to sell and the FP boards will get ordered.
  11. Member Since
    Jan 2012
    Sep 2, 2013, 5:04 PM - Re: Terminal Fettler Rf light kit with honeywell micro switch (FP kit coming soon) #11

fantastic work jc27!
    Sep 2, 2013, 5:39 PM - Re: Terminal Fettler Rf light kit with honeywell micro switch (FP kit coming soon) #12

Thanks.
    Sep 3, 2013, 1:29 AM - Re: Terminal Fettler Rf light kit with honeywell micro switch (FP kit coming soon) #13

PP sent Justin, thanks again
    Sep 3, 2013, 10:21 AM - Re: Terminal Fettler Rf light kit with honeywell micro switch (FP kit coming soon) #14

Thanks, I will get it out today, but you never gave me your mailing address. As soon as I get it, it will get mailed and the instructions will be sent as well (let me know which file format you want Word or PDF).
    Last edited by Jc27; Sep 3, 2013 at 1:05 PM.
    Sep 5, 2013, 11:54 PM - Re: Terminal Fettler Rf light kit with honeywell micro switch (FP kit coming soon) #15

Just got my kit in and let me say, it's a beauty! Shipping was super fast too! JC27, I really appreciate the work you've put into this! Thanks so much!
    Sep 6, 2013, 12:00 AM - Re: Terminal Fettler Rf light kit with honeywell micro switch (FP kit coming soon) #16

double post
    Sep 8, 2013, 6:09 PM - Re: Terminal Fettler Rf light kit with honeywell micro switch (FP kit coming soon) #17

I will have 5 more ready very soon, any takers?
    Sep 8, 2013, 11:02 PM - Terminal Fettler Rf light kit with honeywell micro switch (FP kit coming soon) #18

Got mine Saturday!!! It's awesome, can't wait to install it! Yalls need to pick these up before their gone.
    Thanks brother
    Quote Quote Posted from iOS app
  19. Member Since
    Oct 2011
    Sep 9, 2013, 12:37 PM - Re: Terminal Fettler Rf light kit with honeywell micro switch (FP kit coming soon) #19

Justin -

Kit arrived safe and sound - thanks!

Can't wait to get this bad boy installed...

- Andy
    Sep 9, 2013, 6:34 PM - Re: Terminal Fettler Rf light kit with honeywell micro switch (FP kit coming soon) #20

Let me know how it goes and if you have any questions.
    Glad you like it.
    Sep 10, 2013, 9:05 PM - Re: Terminal Fettler Rf light kit with honeywell micro switch (FP kit coming soon) #21

Well due to a mix up on my part, I will have more boards for the TF kit coming soon (I meant to order more of the Asok boards). So don't worry about missing out on a run, I will have more TF boards than I will know what to do with soon.
    Sep 14, 2013, 11:49 PM - Re: Terminal Fettler Rf light kit with honeywell micro switch (FP kit coming soon) #22

UPDATE
    I have 5 kits packed up ready to go. Post interest here and send me a pm if anyone wants one.
    Sep 18, 2013, 6:03 PM - Re: Terminal Fettler Rf light kit with honeywell micro switch (FP kit coming soon) #23

Anybody?
    Sep 18, 2013, 9:30 PM - Re: Terminal Fettler Rf light kit with honeywell micro switch (FP kit coming soon) #24

These are awesome kits and blazing fast shipping! What more could you ask for?
    Sep 20, 2013, 12:48 PM - Re: Terminal Fettler Rf light kit with honeywell micro switch (FP kit coming soon) #25

Thanks for the good review wolf. Since there doesn't seem to be much interest in these, I will only be making them when asked for one. These kits are hard to build and if they aren't going to sell, I'm not going to build them. Is anyone interested in the fettpride kit? I need at least 4 people to want it, otherwise I'm not going to bother ordering the boards.
    Last edited by Jc27; Sep 20, 2013 at 11:55 PM.