Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Stormrider / ICONIC HIC Casts (LIMITED)

From
    Kalamazoo, MI

Re: Stormrider / ICONIC HIC Casts (LIMITED)

The key on these is trying to get the flat layer fairly thin, so it lays flat easily, but build up thickness on the han details. I do it with what I call a rubberglass technique, which is way more time consuming than just brushing it on, but it makes for a decent rubber pull.

Im glad you guys like it, the last couple should go out tomorrow.

Then ill add a few more to the list. Thanks again for everyone being patient.
    Mike

From
    Kalamazoo, MI

Attention:

There was a problem with ghents cast. Some thin spots and a place where it looks like it may have torn.

I haven't seen it yet, and I don't know the state, but as these are a hand made item, and some minor flaws are common.

We talked about ways of making up some $ on the item, but his last mail today (after I thought we were under agreement) was that he was going to start the refund process through paypal, even though we were trying to sort it out (and I already offered a full refund). I don't pertonally care for this type of situation, as I have never had anyone insinuate that I wasn't going to take care of the problem.

I am going to issue him a full refund, and he is going to mail it back. I will have a 'second' for sale, once it reaches me if anyone wants it. So GHENT: Please ship the HIC back asap, as I mentioned in the FIRST response to your issue.

From
    Canada

SR, just letting you know that i received my package today. The HIC is in great condition. Thanks for everything! I will leave feedback on TDH and sellbuddy shortly..

Hi all,

I'm still fairly new to this board beyond quasi-lurking since starting to plan on a HiC build last year. It is true that my full panel arrived with a tear, some thin spots, and several areas where the rubber had cracked apart. There was a mix up between Stormrider and myself, and I did not get his response to me. Because of that, I didn't know we were in agreement on the next step (and actually, Stormrider had made a nicer offer to make things right than what I had suggested to him). When I contacted him again a few days later I mentioned PayPal and didn't realize this would be such an issue.

At this point, we're back on the same page and it should all work out fine. Here's hoping I'll have some time soon to get started and post pictures of my build as it progresses!

Ugh. The panels, sent as reimbursement for my defective HiC full panel, have arrived mostly broken. 5 of 8 are unusable... So now that's a HiC full panel with a tear, multiple thin spots, and several areas with rubber cracking apart, and 5 of 8 panels cracked or broken. The panels weren't even really packaged to be protected, arriving in a reused broken box and not individually wrapped but rather just all thrown together in a heap.

Hopefully Stormrider will get back to me soon and make this right. I've been trying for over a year to get started on a HiC build, and so far everything's gone wrong.

Guys, in all my years of doing what I do, there is one huge lesson I've learned that will ring true for anyone that takes on the task of providing 'things' for people. And that is, no matter how good you are, you will make a mistake at some point with an order, or pull a bad casting and not know it until it's too late. It's just the nature of the beast.

At the end of the day, it's how you rectify the situation. And Mike, is a standup guy. Always has been. He's very picky about his items. And situations like this are bound to happen for one or more reasons like, not knowing he had a bad batch of materials or something (hence the replacements showing up defective as well). Sometimes you can't put your finger on what went wrong until several are made and you see a consistent defect. He will make it right for you. This you can take comfort in.
    Last edited by fettpride; Jan 30, 2014 at 5:18 PM.

Thanks for the words of advice, Fettpride. I'm still happily working with Stormrider and Iconicprops, and there's a straightforward plan to get me some replacement panels soon.

I'm not upset with anyone as much as just frustrated that every step taken so far hasn't really worked out as hoped. It's not anyone's fault things have gone this way, it's just how things have worked out. And minus the mix-up when Stormrider thought he sent me a message that actually disappeared into the ether, everything's gone very smoothly interacting with him and he's gone beyond my expectations to try and make this right.

So again, I don't doubt Stormrider and Iconicprops will do everything they can to make it all work out in the end. I'm just wondering what crazy random thing will happen next to cause a problem... Another polar vortex? Kaiju attacks? Moon-sized space stations with super lasers? ;-) To quote a captain: "How come it never goes smooth?"

From
    Orlando

I received my HIC! Now, I have heard everyone rave about the quality & detail of Mike's HICs... but good LORD! I'll have to say I was expecting a lot....and I was STILL overwhelmed. This build will certainly take some time ( what build doesn't?- HA ), but I'm so glad I was able to snag one of these! THANKS MIKE!!

can't wait for another run!

Sent from my R2 unit using Tapatalk

From
    God's Country (Oklahoma)

I am feeling the HIC coffee table bug bad...just saying.

Stormrider

I have sent you multiple messages for you to get in contact with me for a HIC

Please put me down for 3 (three) as 2 of my friends want one...happy to let you deal with them direct if you choose

Could you please read your private message's/emails and get back to me

Matt & Sheri

Stormrider,

I've sent you a PM regarding you doing me a HiC;

When you feel up to doing another run please let me know as I will be very happy to order one from you.

All the best,

Neil.