Stormcrow85's Gauntlet Darts (Final Run Thread)Subscribe
    May 2, 2016, 11:25 PM - Stormcrow85's Gauntlet Darts (Final Run Thread) #1

Final Update: All darts are $30 shipped in the USA! I don't know why my pictures aren't updating. (Updated Final Post with the same message) I am going to be giving back the lathe on Sunday, and I will be going dark for ~ 6 months in July. So this is my final hurrah! I can turn out several sets this weekend. Please message me in this thread or via private message if you are interested.

I just need to know dart type 1, 2, or 3.

The only differences between the different types of darts is the tip. The most movie accurate according to Rafalfett's templates are Set#2
    Just need to know if you want the three ridge sets or two ridge sets. I have checked the 501st page and all of my darts appear to meet all the requirements for all levels. Please check before purchasing.

Dart Type 1: 3 Ridge Tip
    - Picture Measurements below
    - At least 30mm overall length some will be a bit longer
    - 35* tip
    - 3 ridges (accents @ 2.5mm, 3.5mm, and 4.5 mm back)
    - Starting at 5.5 mm back from the tip there is a recess that takes the dart to a 1.5mm diameter for 7.3mm length
    - Then the dart goes back to 3.175mm in outer diameter back to the back of the dart (30mm)

Dart Type 2: 2 Ridge Tip
    - Picture below for reference I will not be sending the one with the different tip
    - 30* tip
    - 2 ridges (accents @ 3mm, and 4mm back)
    - Starting at 5 mm back from the tip there is a recess that takes the dart to a 1.5mm diameter for 7mm length
    - Then the dart goes back to 3.175mm in outer diameter back to the back of the dart (30mm)

Dart Type 3: Smooth Version:
    - Picture below for reference, I will not be sending out the mangled dart
    - 30mm overall length some will be a bit longer, some will be a tiny bit shorter
    - 5mm overall tip with a 30* point
    - No ridges
    - Starting at 5mm back from the tip there is a recess that takes the dart to a 1.5mm diameter for 7mm length
    - Then the dart goes back to 3.175mm in diameter back to the back of the dart (30mm)

Last edited by Stormcrow85; Jun 9, 2016 at 11:16 PM.
  2. Become a member for 90 days and create 50 posts and you won't see these ads.Register now!
  3. May 3, 2016, 4:28 AM - Re: Stormcrow85's Gauntlet Darts (interest thread) #2

Im in for a set !!
    May 3, 2016, 8:21 PM - Re: Stormcrow85's Gauntlet Darts (interest thread) #3

Updated the first post with the first set. I can turn out a couple of sets a day in my free time. I will probably only make a few sets if there doesn't seem to be that much interest.
  5. May 3, 2016, 9:40 PM - Re: Stormcrow85's Gauntlet Darts (interest thread) #4

i will go with set #2
    May 3, 2016, 11:35 PM - Re: Stormcrow85's Gauntlet Darts (interest thread) #5

Tommyboy we can finish this in the PMs
    May 5, 2016, 8:54 AM - Re: Stormcrow85's Gauntlet Darts (interest thread) #6

delete
    Last edited by Suchibu; May 5, 2016 at 9:23 AM.
    May 5, 2016, 9:26 AM - Re: Stormcrow85's Gauntlet Darts (interest thread) #7

well now I am curious
    May 5, 2016, 9:02 PM - Re: Stormcrow85's Gauntlet Darts (interest thread) #8

Everyone this is live now, I have the method down and have 6 sets available with 3 sets spoken for. If you want to jump in on this I will only be doing this until the end of the month so let me know sooner rather than later.
    May 7, 2016, 12:27 PM - Re: Stormcrow85's Gauntlet Darts (interest thread) #9

Update! In the first thread as well. I have already shipped three sets. Besides Set 1 (the smooth tip set) all sets are made exactly the same way as Set#2 which is detailed in the first post. When ordering just let me know whether you want

1. A smooth set
    2. A ridged set

Update:
    Set 1: Sold!
    Set 2: Available ( A note about the shorter one, it is still long enough to install in a gauntlet, and has the nice ridges)
    Set 3: Available (A note the 501st mentions nothing about the need for detail marks on the tip so these will still pass 501st standards according to their own website, and the damage should be almost completely hidden when installed in the gauntlet)
    Last edited by Stormcrow85; May 8, 2016 at 3:27 PM.
    May 11, 2016, 11:41 PM - Re: Stormcrow85's Gauntlet Darts (interest thread) #10

I decided to take advantage of the ambiguity that the 501st website has to create a cool dart set tonight. Again this will meet the 501st requirements, but it isn't a "found piece" I am tempted to keep this one for myself!

Update:
    Set 1: Available ($30) Not labeled, but it is the only picture in this post.
    Set 2: Available ( A note about the shorter one, it is still long enough to install in a gauntlet, and has the nice ridges)
    Set 3: Available (A note the 501st mentions nothing about the need for detail marks on the tip so these will still pass 501st standards according to their own website, and the damage should be almost completely hidden when installed in the gauntlet)

Jun 9, 2016, 11:13 PM - Re: Stormcrow85's Gauntlet Darts (interest thread) #11

Final Update:All darts are $30 shipped in the USA! I don't know why my pictures aren't updating. I am going to be giving back the lathe on Sunday, and I will be going dark for ~ 6 months in July. So this is my final hurrah! I can turn out several sets this weekend. Please message me in this thread or via private message if you are interested.

I just need to know dart type 1, 2, or 3.

The only differences between the different types of darts is the tip. The most movie accurate according to Rafalfett's templates are Set#2
    Just need to know if you want the three ridge sets or two ridge sets.

Dart Type 1: 3 Ridge Tip
    - Picture Measurements below
    - 35* tip
    - 3 ridges (accents @ 2.5mm, 3.5mm, and 4.5 mm back)
    - Starting at 5.5 mm back from the tip there is a recess that takes the dart to a 1.5mm diameter for 7.3mm length

Dart Type 2: 2 Ridge Tip
    - Picture below for reference I will not be sending the one with the different tip
    - 30* tip
    - 2 ridges (accents @ 3mm, and 4mm back)
    - Starting at 5 mm back from the tip there is a recess that takes the dart to a 1.5mm diameter for 7mm length

Dart Type 3: Smooth Version:
    - Picture below for reference, I will not be sending out the mangled dart
    - 30mm overall length some will be a bit longer, some will be a tiny bit shorter
    - 5mm overall tip with a 30* point
    - No ridges
    - Starting at 5mm back from the tip there is a recess that takes the dart to a 1.5mm diameter for 7mm length
    - Then the dart goes back to 3.175mm in diameter back to the back of the dart (30mm)