Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Subscribe
  1. Eaglewolf570's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2013
    Posts
    66
    Sep 25, 2013, 12:35 PM - Re: MachineCraft Aluminum Collar Studs/Toe Spikes for MOW boots Pre-Order! #26

    I got in the aluminum collar studs in the mail today. Great work, very happy with them.

    Thank you for making them.
  2. JodoKast89's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    389
    Sep 25, 2013, 12:52 PM - Re: MachineCraft Aluminum Collar Studs/Toe Spikes for MOW boots Pre-Order! #27

    Quote Eaglewolf570 said: View Post
    I got in the aluminum collar studs in the mail today. Great work, very happy with them.

    Thank you for making them.
    Glad to hear it, Mario!

    Shipping out the remainder of things today! Still waiting on Toe Spikes to be wrapped up and I'm hoping to have a price on gauntlet darts early next week!
  3. DeathProof's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    806
    Sep 25, 2013, 1:28 PM - Re: MachineCraft Aluminum Collar Studs/Toe Spikes for MOW boots Pre-Order! #28

    PP Sent
  4. LongHammer's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    278
    Sep 25, 2013, 3:00 PM - Re: MachineCraft Aluminum Collar Studs/Toe Spikes for MOW boots Pre-Order! #29

    Pp sent for studs.
  5. JodoKast89's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    389
    Oct 1, 2013, 11:46 PM - Re: MachineCraft Aluminum Collar Studs/Toe Spikes for MOW boots Pre-Order! #30

    *Bump*

    Collar stud sets ready to ship! Toe Spike masters should make it here by the end of the week it looks like!
  6. LongHammer's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    278
    Oct 3, 2013, 6:30 PM - Re: MachineCraft Aluminum Collar Studs/Toe Spikes for MOW boots Pre-Order! #31

    Wanted to make sure my stud PP came in to ya, also, add me to the toe spike list.
  7. JodoKast89's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    389
    Oct 10, 2013, 10:46 AM - Re: MachineCraft Aluminum Collar Studs/Toe Spikes for MOW boots Pre-Order! #32

    Still have a few sets of studs in stock and ready to ship!

    I got a test set of Spikes that I'm going to take some pics of. There will be a couple tweaks but overall they are SWEET!


    -Dakota
  8. DeathProof's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    806
    Oct 10, 2013, 1:19 PM - Re: **IN STOCK** MachineCraft Aluminum Collar Studs/Toe Spikes for MOW boots! #33

    Right on, Dakota!

    Do the spikes come with screws for installation? If not, what do you recommend?
  9. JodoKast89's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    389
    Oct 10, 2013, 2:24 PM - Re: **IN STOCK** MachineCraft Aluminum Collar Studs/Toe Spikes for MOW boots! #34

    They don't come with screws because everyone I ask seems to have a different preference. Lol.

    What I did with my personal boots with the Mojo spikes is just took the spikes with me to the hardware store and found the biggest screw that would make it through the hole. Then I used the screw and mocked up the spikes exactly where I wanted them on the boots and marked the sole with a pencil so I could get them in that exact spot. THEN I took them off, put a light amount of gorilla glue on the sole and spikes and that worked extremely well. The spikes aren't going anywhere on those boots! Haha.
  10. JodoKast89's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    389
    Oct 10, 2013, 2:31 PM - Re: **IN STOCK** MachineCraft Aluminum Collar Studs/Toe Spikes for MOW boots! #35

    You guys have been so patient, I think you deserve some pics of these spikes!

    How flush the bracket is made to fit specifically with the new MOW boots:



    Compared with the Mojo Variant Spikes: (He may have changed his bracket since then, but I'm not 100% on that)


    Top View Comparison. Notice how the MachineCraft spikes line up completely straight. FYI the spikes pictured are the ROTJ set. The ESB/Variant set is in the final steps of prototyping. We ARE moving one of the spikes closer in to make the spikes more symmetrical from the center of the bracket:


    Front Comparison. Note: the bracket we had in this pic was a little too tall, so we stepped it down about an 8th of an inch. This should make it look even better. Keegan and Mojo did a great job with the variant spikes, but the bracket looks shorter than it needs to be because the MOW boots have a taller sole than accurate. So what we're doing will be a great in between.


    There you have it, folks! Thoughts?


    -Dakota
  11. DeathProof's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    806
    Oct 10, 2013, 3:46 PM - Re: **IN STOCK** MachineCraft Aluminum Collar Studs/Toe Spikes for MOW boots! #36

    Quote JodoKast89 said: View Post
    They don't come with screws because everyone I ask seems to have a different preference. Lol.

    What I did with my personal boots with the Mojo spikes is just took the spikes with me to the hardware store and found the biggest screw that would make it through the hole. Then I used the screw and mocked up the spikes exactly where I wanted them on the boots and marked the sole with a pencil so I could get them in that exact spot. THEN I took them off, put a light amount of gorilla glue on the sole and spikes and that worked extremely well. The spikes aren't going anywhere on those boots! Haha.
    I guess what I meant was - how long of a screw did you use? I don't want it too long so that the screw is jabbing my foot

    Good pics man. One more question - I ended up with 2012 MOW boots - these will still work, right?
  12. JodoKast89's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    389
    Oct 10, 2013, 3:59 PM - Re: **IN STOCK** MachineCraft Aluminum Collar Studs/Toe Spikes for MOW boots! #37

    Quote DeathProof said: View Post
    I guess what I meant was - how long of a screw did you use? I don't want it too long so that the screw is jabbing my foot

    Good pics man. One more question - I ended up with 2012 MOW boots - these will still work, right?
    D'oh! The ones I used were probably 3/4 to an inch long. Really they can be as long as you're comfortable with, just make sure they don't angle upward and go into your boot. That being said, if you use the gorilla glue, because of the way these spikes sit so flush I think that alone will be enough to hold pretty solid, so you can probably get away with shorter screws.

    In regards to the 2012 boots... The main issue I had with those boots and the Mojo spikes that I had was that the boots simply were not wide enough. Our bracket isn't quite as wide, but because those boots are rounded on the front it might not fit too great. Without having both of them it's hard to say though. If it came down to it the spikes ARE removable from the bracket so you could bend a bracket to fit the 2012s if it comes down to that. Otherwise I'd absolutely recommend getting his new boots if you can make it happen. I owned both versions and these look and feel much better in my opinion.


    -Dakota
  13. Oct 10, 2013, 9:01 PM - Re: **IN STOCK** MachineCraft Aluminum Collar Studs/Toe Spikes for MOW boots! #38

    ok

    i have my first born, ready to send in exchange for 2013 mow toe spikes.

    pm me with details. or cash equivalent.
  14. JodoKast89's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    389
    Oct 10, 2013, 9:06 PM - Re: **IN STOCK** MachineCraft Aluminum Collar Studs/Toe Spikes for MOW boots! #39

    Quote fasterthanjesus said: View Post
    ok

    i have my first born, ready to send in exchange for 2013 mow toe spikes.

    pm me with details. or cash equivalent.
    LOL! Send me an email brotha, and we'll get ya taken care of
  15. LongHammer's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    278
    Oct 10, 2013, 11:15 PM - Re: **IN STOCK** MachineCraft Aluminum Collar Studs/Toe Spikes for MOW boots! #40

    Got my studs and knee darts! Awesome work brother! Looking forward to the toe spikes and gaunt darts!
  16. DeathProof's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    806
    Oct 10, 2013, 11:54 PM - Re: **IN STOCK** MachineCraft Aluminum Collar Studs/Toe Spikes for MOW boots! #41

    Quote JodoKast89 said: View Post
    In regards to the 2012 boots... The main issue I had with those boots and the Mojo spikes that I had was that the boots simply were not wide enough. Our bracket isn't quite as wide, but because those boots are rounded on the front it might not fit too great. Without having both of them it's hard to say though. If it came down to it the spikes ARE removable from the bracket so you could bend a bracket to fit the 2012s if it comes down to that. Otherwise I'd absolutely recommend getting his new boots if you can make it happen. I owned both versions and these look and feel much better in my opinion.
    I wouldn't remove the spikes - too much of a hassle. And I already spent a weekend weathering the boots, so I'd rather not just sell them. I should be able to make it work. I saw some pics of the 2012 boot with mojofett V2 spikes, and there was a bit of a gap in the corners of the spikes (because of the curve of the boot), but they were secure.

    I'll keep my fingers crossed.
  17. syllander's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    896
    Oct 11, 2013, 8:50 PM - Re: **IN STOCK** MachineCraft Aluminum Collar Studs/Toe Spikes for MOW boots! #42

    Sign me up for a set of the collar studs please.
  18. JodoKast89's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    389
    Oct 17, 2013, 9:56 PM - Re: **IN STOCK** MachineCraft Aluminum Collar Studs/Toe Spikes for MOW boots! #43

    Quote syllander said: View Post
    Sign me up for a set of the collar studs please.
    Gotcha man.

    Have studs in stock and more spikes on the way! Get with me if you guys want any!
  19. topcop28's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    88
    Oct 18, 2013, 12:37 AM - Re: **IN STOCK** MachineCraft Aluminum Collar Studs/Toe Spikes for MOW boots! #44

    Payment sent for Spikes and JodoKast89 was a pleasure to deal with.
  20. zebrabuse's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    108
    Oct 18, 2013, 12:54 PM - Re: **IN STOCK** MachineCraft Aluminum Collar Studs/Toe Spikes for MOW boots! #45

    Spikes are looking good. Excited to receive.

    Thank you!
  21. Oct 24, 2013, 1:24 AM - Re: **IN STOCK** MachineCraft Aluminum Collar Studs/Toe Spikes for MOW boots! #46

    Did my spikes ship?
  22. JodoKast89's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    389
    Oct 24, 2013, 6:10 PM - Re: **IN STOCK** MachineCraft Aluminum Collar Studs/Toe Spikes for MOW boots! #47

    Quote fasterthanjesus said: View Post
    Did my spikes ship?
    Should be going out early next week! I've got a BIG order in and should get in the gauntlet darts and rockets around the same time
  23. LongHammer's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    278
    Oct 24, 2013, 7:22 PM - Re: **IN STOCK** MachineCraft Aluminum Collar Studs/Toe Spikes for MOW boots! #48

    I guess I will do them together to save shipping!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
  24. Oct 24, 2013, 9:42 PM - Re: **IN STOCK** MachineCraft Aluminum Collar Studs/Toe Spikes for MOW boots! #49

    throw me some darts in too. let me know when you are ready to ship.
  25. JodoKast89's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    389
    Nov 23, 2013, 4:37 PM - Re: **IN STOCK** MachineCraft Aluminum Collar Studs/Toe Spikes for MOW boots! #50

    Toe Spikes are in stock! If I can round up 3 people who need some collar studs I'll get some more on the way!

Similar Threads

  1. Toe Spikes for MOW Boots
    By Lostsaint in forum Boba Fett Costume
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Jan 21, 2013, 4:36 AM
  2. Aluminum Boot toe spikes for you CA boots or other boots
    By Omega_Man in forum Boba Fett Costume
    Replies: 228
    Last Post: Oct 29, 2008, 12:20 AM