FOR SALE: Major Zam Wesell parts and leftovers/extras

From
    Portland, OR

FOR SALE: Major Zam Wesell parts and leftovers/extras

Three years and several thousand dollars later, I'm throwing in the towel on ever finishing my Zam Wesell build. I'm doing separate sales: one semi-full set of what I'd be actively using if I were going to complete this costume, and then separate sales of the duplicate and leftover pieces I've acquired along the way.

I will be posting this on TDH, RL, and 501st, and I don't want to try to keep up with PMs from multiple places. Contact me only at mindiemo@gmail.com with any offers or questions.

I will accept offers in the order they appear in my gmail inbox. At this time, I will not part out the "semi-full" set. If it doesn't sell as a set in the next few weeks, then I will post here again with it broken out into pieces with individual prices.

I prefer payment through Amazon Payments since they don't charge fees to either of us. If you must use PayPal, please plan to send it as a gift and pay the fees yourself. Money orders/certified checks are also okay, or cash in person. No personal checks.

All prices include international shipping.

Here we go!

SET IS SOLD - The semi-full set includes the following main pieces and everything else you see pictured. If you have any questions, please ask (via email) and I will answer you directly and post clarifications here, too, as necessary.
    - Custom purple neoprene two-piece bodysuit. Top is cropped. Arms are long so you can trim to your length. High waisted pants are ready for you to trim to your size. Both pieces are pull on. No zipper or snaps or fasteners of any kind. I had this custom-done for me by a local seamstress and should easily fit a size 2 to a size 6. It's stretchy enough that it might even fit a size 8-10. I'm down to a size 0/00 now and parts of it are a bit loose on me.
    Pic1 - Pic2 - Pic3
    - Handmade skirt attached to belt and ready to go. I can't even tell you how many hours I spent on this skirt! In retrospect, I think I used leather that was a little too thick, so this skirt is pretty stiff and not very "flowy" but it looks great.
    Pic
    - Prada boots, slip on (with elastic sides), size 38 (8). I've painted them and made the boot covers for the toes (included but not yet trimmed or attached).
    Pic1 - Pic2
    - Full greeblie set from JDFett. Mostly painted/weathered, though depending on how bright/bold you want them to be, they might need to be touched up.
    Pic
    - Hand and thumb guards (Pic), gauntlets (Pic), toe guards (Pic), shin guards (Pic), ankle guards from MonCal. All unfinished/unpainted.
    - Chest plates from MonCal. Lower piece already wrapped in purple suede. The top part is unfinished and does not have the bits cut out yet (though we had started trying to get them).
    Pic1 - Pic2
    - Helmet kit from MonCal. This helmet is incredibly small and had no chance of fitting on my big noggin, so it has been sliced down the middle so that we could shim it. You will receive this helmet in two pieces, so you will have to repair/size it as needed. All other bits, leather trim, and binoculars are included and unfinished.
    Pic1 - Pic2 - Pic3
    - Beads from MonCal. Finished. Pic
    - Assembled but unpainted holster from MonCal with hardware. Pic
    - Cummerbund material, vest pattern, vest zipper, vest eyelets, hose connectors.
    Pic1 - Pic2 - Pic3
    - Purple suede "cape" and red satin fabric for inside of veil. (I have a completed veil somewhere but can't find it. If it turns up, I will include it in this set.)
    Pic1 - Pic2
    - Assembled machined aluminum barrel blaster. NOT the resin one. This gun is awesome and has nice heft.
    Pic1 - Pic2

Biggest things missing from this set that I just never got around to: Vest material (and someone to make it), hoses, stomach plate (another thing I made but have lost; will include if I can find it), and gloves.

Price for all of the above and everything in pictures that may not have been described: $3,200

The following items are being sold individually.
    SOLD - Stretchhouse purple neoprene fabric. 48" wide, about 72" long at the shortest part (measured on the top side in the picture). Matching thread. $150
    Pic - Pic2
    SOLD - Thick purple sueded split (used to cover the bottom part of the chest plates in my set above). Boot is in picture to give you a size reference and is not included in the price. $15
    Pic
    SOLD - Thin purple pig suede (used for cape and veil. Boot is in picture for size reference and not included in the price. There are a couple of natural small holes in this piece. $15

Pic
    - Destroyed Prada boots. These things were a disaster. They're a size 37.5 (7.5). They do not have elastic or zippers on the side, and they were so narrow that it was literally impossible for me to slide my feet into them. I cut one of them down the inside to see if that made it any easier to put it on, but it just didn't work for me. They have been repainted black and brown (were originally olive green) and at one time had the boot/toe covers glued on. Those have since been removed, which left some glue residue behind. At least the sole is correct. $40
    Pic1 - Pic2 - Pic3
    - Random leather dye (for skirt), spray paint (for boots), leather paint (for random leather pieces), Fels Naptha soap (for washing vest leather that I never acquired). $20
    Pic
    - Random acrylic paints for greeblies. Some are unopened. $15
    Pic
    - Assembled, unfinished holster. No hardware. $75
    Pic
    - Set of 6 resin greeblies from MonCal. $75
    Pic
    - Doll (Barbie-sized). $10
    Pic

Thanks for looking! Email me at mindiemo@gmail.com with any questions.
    Last edited by carpe mindiem; Sep 8, 2013 at 8:15 PM.

From
    Portland, OR

Re: FOR SALE: Major Zam Wesell parts and leftovers/extras

Sale pending on the semi-full set. Additional/duplicate parts still available.

From
    Frankfurt, Germany

I'm interested in the neoprene leftover and the holster. Stil lavailable?

As my gf is rather tall, we are unsure if that is enough fabric. How much did you need for the finished suit?

How much would be shipping to Germany?

From
    Portland, OR

I already have two people in line for the neoprene. Nobody has expressed interest in the extra holster yet. I started with five yards of the fabric, and my seamstress ended up using about 3 of them. I have no idea how much fabric she "wasted" when she made my suit, so it's hard to say just how much you might need. Just for reference, I'm about 5'5".

Please send me an email at mindiemo@gmail.com and we can work out whether you want to wait and see if the neoprene actually sells or go ahead with just the holster for now. Thanks!

From
    Portland, OR

I still have the following items for sale if anyone is interested. Prices include shipping.
    - Destroyed Prada boots. These things were a disaster. They're a size 37.5 (7.5). They do not have elastic or zippers on the side, and they were so narrow that it was literally impossible for me to slide my feet into them. I cut one of them down the inside to see if that made it any easier to put it on, but it just didn't work for me. They have been repainted black and brown (were originally olive green) and at one time had the boot/toe covers glued on. Those have since been removed, which left some glue residue behind. At least the sole is correct. $40
    Pic1 - Pic2 - Pic3
    - Random leather dye (for skirt), spray paint (for boots), leather paint (for random leather pieces), Fels Naptha soap (for washing vest leather that I never acquired). $20
    Pic
    - Random acrylic paints for greeblies. Some are unopened. $15
    Pic
    - Assembled, unfinished holster. No hardware. $75
    Pic
    - Set of 6 resin greeblies from MonCal. $75
    Pic

Email me at mindiemo@gmail.com with any questions.