Subscribe
  1. Member Since
    Aug 2011
    1 Week Ago - Apr 13, 2015, 11:32 AM - Pulsing Jetpack Beacon LED #1

I am looking for a Jetpack beacon light. I would prefer one with a pulse option, or that is pulse only. LED is preferred. Let me know if you have a spare.
    1 Week Ago - Apr 13, 2015, 3:56 PM - Re: Pulsing Jetpack Beacon LED #2

Me too, let me know if you have any joy!
    1 Week Ago - Apr 13, 2015, 4:06 PM - Re: Pulsing Jetpack Beacon LED #3

What would you guys like the light to do, pulse as well as on/off, or just pulse and off? I have some spare parts that could work, so I may be able to come up with something. What is your timeframe that you would need them? I'm trying to finish my suit for a con in May, so it may be a bit before I have anything.
  4. Member Since
    Nov 2014
    1 Week Ago - Apr 13, 2015, 4:40 PM - Re: Pulsing Jetpack Beacon LED #4

Quote Jc27 said: View Post
    What would you guys like the light to do, pulse as well as on/off, or just pulse and off? I have some spare parts that could work, so I may be able to come up with something. What is your timeframe that you would need them? I'm trying to finish my suit for a con in May, so it may be a bit before I have anything.
    I think they want what Dakota used to sell on the forums...but hasn't shipped in 5 months.

1 Week Ago - Apr 13, 2015, 5:13 PM - Re: Pulsing Jetpack Beacon LED #5

If that's what they are looking for, I'm not going to bother then. I would only do something simple like flash and off. I may do something down the road, but I will need a beacon to use as the mock up.
    1 Week Ago - Apr 13, 2015, 5:15 PM - Re: Pulsing Jetpack Beacon LED #6

I'd be willing to get one from you as well.

I am in the same boat as crumdum. Ordered one from Dakota in December but haven't gotten it.
    1 Week Ago - Apr 13, 2015, 5:17 PM - Re: Pulsing Jetpack Beacon LED #7

Mine wouldn't do what his does, it would just flash and turn off. But the problem is I would need a beacon to use to figure out how to mount the led and what size I would need.
    When I get back from the con in May I will sit down and try to come up with something. I will start a new thread when I do.
  8. Member Since
    Aug 2011
    1 Week Ago - Apr 13, 2015, 7:00 PM - Re: Pulsing Jetpack Beacon LED #8

Quote Jc27 said: View Post
    Mine wouldn't do what his does, it would just flash and turn off. But the problem is I would need a beacon to use to figure out how to mount the led and what size I would need.
    When I get back from the con in May I will sit down and try to come up with something. I will start a new thread when I do.

Yeah I was shooting for pulsing, but I do not want or need the option for solid on, or flash - I just want it to switch on and slowly pulse. For the time being however, I would settle for solid or flash, just to have the light in my beacon. I have a con June 12, and am hoping to have something by then.
    1 Week Ago - Apr 13, 2015, 7:24 PM - Re: Pulsing Jetpack Beacon LED #9

I am assuming that the kit would be inside your jetpack. Would you want access to it from the outside or just a toggle switch on the bird to turn it off and on?
    1 Week Ago - Apr 13, 2015, 7:40 PM - Re: Pulsing Jetpack Beacon LED #10

The way I have my beacon now I just have the wires from it coming down to a toggle switch at the bottom/backside of the pack. That little cut out area on the back.
  11. Member Since
    Aug 2011
    1 Week Ago - Apr 13, 2015, 8:09 PM - Re: Pulsing Jetpack Beacon LED #11

I actually have a press button switch that I used as the bottom right greeblie that I would like to connect it to. Click on click off.
    1 Week Ago - Apr 14, 2015, 2:25 AM - Re: Pulsing Jetpack Beacon LED #12

I bought the mini-torch in this video from amazon - I've taken the it apart and will give the parts to a friend of mine (who side hobby is electronic engineering) to see if he can connect it together to my push button greeblie, will let you know how I get on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Amj8_Cg7sc
    1 Week Ago - Apr 14, 2015, 4:18 AM - Re: Pulsing Jetpack Beacon LED #13

I was looking at RPF and saw this. I might buy this to try it out.

http://www.cowlacious.com/products/U...es-Deluxe.html