Prototype Fett Bird Skull Patches

From
    St. Pete, FL

Prototype Fett Bird Skull Patches

Before the Boba Fett costume was finalized for film, a prototype suit was created that featured several interesting differences from the final version. One of those differences was a unique shoulder emblem. Instead of the horned "death's head" skull we all are familiar with, the prototype suit featured a bird skull with the same "F." that we see on the chest armor logo positioned on the forehead.

I was able to see this suit in the Skywalker Ranch archives and take a photo of it. I used that photo to create an accurate rendition for this patch, copying the non-linear shape of the eyes and nostril holes, as well as the rough "F." The red skull is embroidered on a beige field just as it is on the prototype suit, framed with the yellow-orange of the shoulder armor. Measures 4" tall.

Order here: Prototype Boba Fett Bird Skull Patch @ Skaught Productions - Powered by Maian Cart

Scott

From
    Galati, Romania

Re: Prototype Fett Bird Skull Patches

Are you talking about this armor and this skull in the LFL Archive?

boba-fett-promotional-armor-2-06-png boba-fett-promotional-armor-2-19-png

From
    St. Pete, FL

There is only one!

Scott

From
    Galati, Romania

It seems that your photo of the shoulder logo (please post your image, if you can) is the same with the armor I posted (Pre-Pro #2 armor with Pre-Pro #1 left chest plate) and it is from the Star Wars Blu-Ray Extra. All the images of this armor are in the TDH Gallery under the Boba Fett/Promotional section.

Sorry for the derail and good luck with your sale!

From
    St. Pete, FL

It's the same logo, yes. But I used a photo I took in November 2011 when I had the chance to visit the archives. Part of the conditions for taking photos was that they would not be posted online, so I can't post my image. This has been driving my fellow rebel pilots nutty since I found the Y-Wing pilot vest there and took a bunch of photos. I've done my best to describe it though, and show pics in person. I also got lots of pics, including the backs, of the A and B-Wing pilot helmets. I'd love to put the 100 pics I took up, but I need to honor the agreement.

They had the armor/vest on a hanger in a moveable closet with the other Fett costumes. The person giving the tour pulled it out for us. I will admit to touching the suits, along with ANH Stormtrooper armor. I couldn't resist being able to do that!

Scott

From
    Galati, Romania

I understand! Being the same suit and already having images in the TDH Gallery is enough... for the moment. I assume that the rest of the Fett costumes were the ROTJ type, because most of the ESB era armors were repainted for Episode VI.

From
    St. Pete, FL

I'd have to look at the pics but I imagine so. I took one of a jetpack that had a huge area melted away...I assume for the scene when he gets hit from behind by Han. They had one suit laid out on a table in preparation for an exhibit, with the jetpack harness frame.

Inexplicably, they had a Don Post Stormtrooper helmet on one of the shelves.

Scott