Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Possible MF Scam?

From
    Modesto, California

Re: Possible MF Scam?

I think the hate people are spreading are what destroys peoples image. TDH has had its share of bumps and this was one of mine. And what may seem sarcastic probably isn't due to lack of context... I am defensive because people are taking this to a whole new level and making it personal and are slandering/stating/basing my whole contribution and time spent here being told i am a swindler, liar, do not trust him! All over this one helmet... If this did not happen obviously everyone would be on good terms and all these accusations said would be completely the opposite. One stupid mistake I made over a helmet.... cannot change all that has happened before and it doesn't change you a entirely new character. From what people have told me from all levels from newbies to veterans with all the sales, deals, commissions. I've done favors, freebies, never any complaints and I'm always willing to help. Now after all this time now I'm a bad guy?..If only those who I've helped out with would speak up. But their reputations would be at hand and I understand that.
    Last edited by sleepalot; Jun 29, 2013 at 2:46 AM.

From
    Sacramento, California

Turning defensive immediately instead of just sincerely apologizing as soon as possible is a major part of the issue here. There has been no true apology at all. Yes, one thing may change an entire outlook, because honestly, most people wouldn't expect someone that's so great and such a pleasure to work with to do such an unsavory thing. It puts all interactions with the person from that point on into question. Yes, it may just be one thing, but that one thing has a major impact when it's something like this. Trust is a very fickle thing, and when it comes to a place like TDH, an online forum where most people can only judge other members/vendors from what is seen here and other places online, it's very important to NEVER betray that trust, no matter how small, if one wants to keep such a solid reputation. This is certainly different than having shipping issues, or personal issues with timing or any other numerous problems that can arise from common transactions. This was flat out deception, even if you did change your mind after it was pointed out by someone else.

From
    Ontario, Canada

You're only as reputable as your last transaction. Quite simply this is deception and misrepresentation for personal gain. Violates eBay rules and, as Woody said, you would be banned elsewhere. Trust is tenuous at best in this hobby. It involves lots of hard earned money and there is historically a number of vendors that have tried to take advantage of the community. What you did is fraud. Attempting to profit off recent helmet interest. Bad decision motivated by greed with no remorse and now you're paying the price of getting caught. A friend didn't talk sense into you, you were exposed. Sad.
    Last edited by PEEL1965; Jun 29, 2013 at 5:59 AM.

From
    Coalisland

Personally I fell this is a sad day in the fett community,I've never had any dealings with sleepalot but he's always seemed to be a stand up guy always willing to help others with not looking anything in return,just hope this dosent turn out like fettdad who I liked a lot,so I ask you all if he makes an honest sorry to the guys on the forum will this be forgot about?...I not sure if it was really down to catching some poor guy for cash,seems strange he used the photo of the table he uses when most guys have seen that table,and I don't think he's stupid so maybe it was just a bit of tongue in check aimed towards the hole MF saga,as we've seen guys posting who haven't been seen for years talking down FP over the whole lee affair...so hope we all can move on as we need are real members over lurker's....

From
    Orlando

DanzoFett said: View Post
    Personally I fell this is a sad day in the fett community,I've never had any dealings with sleepalot but he's always seemed to be a stand up guy always willing to help others with not looking anything in return,just hope this dosent turn out like fettdad who I liked a lot,so I ask you all if he makes an honest sorry to the guys on the forum will this be forgot about?...I not sure if it was really down to catching some poor guy for cash,seems strange he used the photo of the table he uses when most guys have seen that table,and I don't think he's stupid so maybe it was just a bit of tongue in check aimed towards the hole MF saga,as we've seen guys posting who haven't been seen for years talking down FP over the whole lee affair...so hope we all can move on as we need are real members over lurker's....
    I second what Danzo said.

And to who said "you're only as good as your most recent transaction"; well, I was sleepalot's most recent transaction. To be honest, I've never dealt with a vendor on here, the RPF or on eBay that is so kind-hearted and generous. He has the best communication from anyone I've ever talked to, he has the best attitude to keeping good customer service and he lacks the ability to disappoint. Anyone that I've talked to that have dealt with him only has good things to say about HIM not just his products.

Call me old-fashioned, but I like think people make mistakes. As soon as this acquisition was made towards him, he didn't deny it or start insulting anyone, he just tried defending himself. He really is a great guy and I hope this is able to be resolved.

I have also bought and sold with sleepsalot and will say his communication is amazing. This shouldn't be a witch hunt

From
    Stockholm, Sweden

Well, since Lee seems to be serious about making new castings, that means they will be much less rare and the prices of the old castings will go down. I'm certain that Gino and Art knows this as well and that's why they both sold their castings to cash out while they could.

The exising MF castings are so expensive it's silly, and that's why I hope Lee makes a lot of them to get the price down to reasonable levels.

From
    Fremont, CA

Possible MF Scam?

Let's not throw the baby out with the bath water! (I'm too young for this metaphor) Was it a bit shady, yeah. Did he pull the auction! Yes. I have never had any interaction with Sleepalot but he has been a good contributor to this community and one that I appreciate. I too troll eBay for my Fett collection and found parts, I saw this helmet and knew right away there was no # or any pics showing a connection to LM. I would be calling for his head if the helmet sold to an inexperienced nob, but it didn't and in the end only Sleepalot got burned. Let this be a lesson to us all, yeah nobody is perfect but what do you do when no one is watching. In the long run Sleepalot did the right thing by pulling the auction.
    My three centavos
    Quote Quote Posted from iOS app

Syper said: View Post
    Let's not throw the baby out with the bath water! (I'm too young for this metaphor) Was it a bit shady, yeah. Did he pull the auction! Yes. I have never had any interaction with Sleepalot but he has been a good contributor to this community and one that I appreciate. I too troll eBay for my Fett collection and found parts, I saw this helmet and knew right away there was no # or any pics showing a connection to LM. I would be calling for his head if the helmet sold to an inexperienced nob, but it didn't and in the end only Sleepalot got burned. Let this be a lesson to us all, yeah nobody is perfect but what do you do when no one is watching. In the long run Sleepalot did the right thing by pulling the auction.
    My three centavos
    He pulled the auction because he got caught red handed, not because his conscience got ahold of him. That's like a drug dealer throwing his stash when he sees the flashing lights behind him... The truth is had he not gotten called out the auction could have very well been fulfilled.

That is a ridiculous comparison. Do you think he will do this again? I am sensing his regret. Clearly you are pissed about this but the constant public attacks just seem petty. Lets all try and act like the grown-ups who play dress up that we are and call it a day.

From
    Ontario, Canada

Yes, we're all adults. People can choose to deal with him or not based on this stunt. Let's not give him credit for pulling the auction after he was discovered and exposed for attempting to deceive people for profit. I don't really think he deserves a pat on the back for that...
    People can draw their own conclusions otherwise.

From
    Las Vegas, NV

locitus said: View Post
    I'm certain that Gino and Art knows this as well and that's why they both sold their castings to cash out while they could.
    You are certain of that? Well... you would certainly be wrong. I sold off my MF because I don't need it any more. My actions aren't determined by others or what they may or may not do. Sounds like you might have been sipping a bit too much of the angst-laced koolaid.

With that answered, lets see if I understand clearly what happened here.

Gino sold his MF helmet.

I sold my MF helmet.

We both posted them up as an auction and didn't twist anyone's arm to buy them. The helmets simply sold for current market price.

sleepalot saw these sales, thought the prices were exorbitant (even though neither Gino or I determined the final sales price), and to shame us / shame the buyers / shame the community, he posted up a helmet of his own at what he felt was an equally high price. Is that about the long and short of what is being said here?

I suppose these are my two questions:

1) sleepalot, is the helmet you posted up an MF or not? Right off the bat, it doesn't look like one, but I could be mistaken.
    2) sleepalot, if this was done as a joke or only to prove some kind of point, what was your plan if someone bought it and you incurred a $130 bill from eBay? You are protesting that this was all a joke, but none of your actions up to the point of being called out on it here indicate that it was. I am not making accusations. I am only trying to understand exactly what it was you were trying to do.

For those saying sleepalot owes the community an apology... ehhh... not necessarily. People do foolish things all the time, whether innocent or malicious. sleepalot's responses here certainly aren't helping the situation, but at the same time, the approach some of you aren't helping either and would push anyone, innocent or guilty, into a defensive posture. We can all agree that this was a poorly thought out decision, but lets not pull out the pitch forks and torches just yet.

From
    Modesto, California

Hi Art,

I’d be happy to answer. No it was not a MF helmet and I don’t believe in shaming people/the community/or buyer. At the time I was thinking "Wow these are $1800 bucks and its not even finished or painted just because of its lineage and its a labeled a MF helmet" which I understand is a rarity at the moment. So to me I was thinking you could get a fully finished helmet etc.. that looks almost identical for half that price. I was more looking at the buyer than making a buck for myself believe it or not… I don't think my intention was to screw over someone but what I thought at the time was to give them a better deal...if I were paying that price I would want it to be finished ready for troop/display.
    So I thought if I put mine up for that price and put a title to it (competing with it) that gives more bang for your buck for fully finished helmet. In my opinion, a better deal for the buyer since this lineage thing is hyped up so much when to most people cannot tell the difference. Like you just said you weren't sure if it was or wasn't and you’ve been around and seen plenty of helmets. I did lie about the lineage of the helmet because it previously caused a lot of drama between people which brought this on for me to compete with this helmet for some childish reason. Lots of "he said, she said" was going on from where the MF helmet came from, its history, etc.. So I was doing what I thought was right at the time trying to give the buyer a better deal. To not buy a helmet simply because of its lineage but how it looks, its accuracy, etc. But that’s no excuse for doing what I did making that auction trying to compete with what I thought would be a better option for the buyer. It was poor decision, and I am sorry for that and the people that were disappointed in me and surprised I did such. But I made a stupid mistake and people are taking it to another level.

I am thankful for one person who messaged me and made me realize what I was doing was wrong and he was right about everything. It wasn’t a matter of “oh my they caught me!” I better take down my eBay listing. It was a personal message from a friend I read questioning why I would do such which is why I took it off eBay.

Thank you for the support guys.
    Last edited by sleepalot; Jun 29, 2013 at 8:32 PM.

From
    Las Vegas, NV

I want to preface this by saying in advance that my response is going to be harsh and that is because I can think of no other way to word my response without being this direct. So, prepare yourself.

Do you realize or even have the slightest clue how bad your response to my questions makes you look in the eyes of the community? In one paragraph you have managed to insult myself, Gino, the collectors who bought from us, this community, and anyone who might have looked at your auction and considered bidding on it. Beyond that, you have belittled many of the things this community holds important and dear. And finally, based on what you have written, it seems that this was not a joke as you previously stated but a deliberate effort to boost your sales by lying about what you were selling.

How can you possibly feel any of that is acceptable? Before you protest, let me break the above assessment down a bit.

sleepalot said: View Post
    At the time I was thinking "Wow these are $1800 bucks and its not even finished or painted just because of its lineage and its a labeled a MF helmet" which I understand is a rarity at the moment. So to me I was thinking you could get a fully finished helmet etc.. that looks almost identical for half that price.
    You say that you don't believe in shaming, but essentially what you are saying here is lineage really isn't important or at least it shouldn't be compared to a helmets finish and paint. In doing so, you are more or less peeing on things that are of an incredible amount of importance to many people in this community. Now, lineage may not be important to you, and that is fine, but what you did was misrepresent your helmet in order to increase the price and prey upon the "suckers" for whom lineage and owning an MF is a big deal. This is nothing less than predatory tactics.

I was more looking at the buyer than making a buck for myself believe it or not… I don't think my intention was to screw over someone but what I thought at the time was to give them a better deal...if I were paying that price I would want it to be finished ready for troop/display.
    So... you wanted to "give them a better deal" by lying to them about the lineage of your helmet while asking for a price that your helmet's true lineage would never support. Please help me understand how that is showing concern for the buyer because based on your own words, there is no logic between your actions and your statements that you weren't trying to screw someone over. Giving them something different than what they believed they were buying is not giving them a better deal.

So I thought if I put mine up for that price and put a title to it (competing with it) that gives more bang for your buck for fully finished helmet. In my opinion, a better deal for the buyer since this lineage thing is hyped up so much when to most people cannot tell the difference.
    This doesn't make any logical sense either. Your helmet isn't competing against an MF. Gino and I have both sold ours. There was no competition. And how were you giving more band for a buyers buck by offering them a finished helmet with a false pedigree and an inflated price based on that false pedigree? Note again at the end of your statement that you are essentially saying "since you dumbasses can't differentiate one helmet from another based off a few small photos on eBay, and since I feel that lineage is all hype anyway..." As I said in my opening statement, how could you possibly expect this community NOT to take offense to that.

Like you just said you weren't sure if it was or wasn't and you’ve been around and seen plenty of helmets.
    I said, on initial inspection it didn't look like an MF. With books, painting, signatures, or anything of importance an expect is often brought in to verify an item up close to determine its worth and lineage. Are you seriously trying to justify that this was ok because I couldn't immediately identify a finished and painted helmet from the eBay photos?

I did lie about the lineage of the helmet because it previously caused a lot of drama between people which brought this on for me to compete with this helmet for some childish reason. Lots of "he said, she said" was going on from where the MF helmet came from, its history, etc.. So I was doing what I thought was right at the time trying to give the buyer a better deal. To not buy a helmet simply because of its lineage but how it looks, its accuracy, etc.
    Let us take the fluff out of the above couple of sentences and bring it down to the core... "I did lie about the lineage of the helmet to give the buyer a better deal." Again, how can you possibly justify that line of thinking? That is essentially the definition of fraud and as I mentioned before, is a slap in the face to anyone who might have considered bidding on your helmet because you are AGAIN saying "you are a ******* for thinking lineage is important, but since you do, I am going to lure you in with the lie of lineage and overcharge you for it."

But that’s no excuse for doing what I did making that auction trying to compete with what I thought would be a better option for the buyer. It was poor decision, and I am sorry for that and the people that were disappointed in me and surprised I did such. But I made a stupid mistake and people are taking it to another level.
    I have got to say, I am totally befuddled and exasperated right now as your words, immediately preceding this apology smack of contempt and condescension. With that said, we all do really bone-headed things from time to time and this is certainly a whopper. I really don't even know what to think, primarily because your responses here are conflicting. Quite honestly, it is ONLY because a few members have stepped up to say you have, up to this point, been a positively contributing member of the community and a good seller, that we are just banning you outright. What worries me the most here, is that I don't truly think that you believe you were that out of line and that is frightening for the future.

Hi Art,

I’d be happy to answer. No it was not a MF helmet and I don’t believe in shaming people/the community/or buyer. At the time I was thinking "Wow these are $1800 bucks and its not even finished or painted just because of its lineage and its a labeled a MF helmet" which I understand is a rarity at the moment. So to me I was thinking you could get a fully finished helmet etc.. that looks almost identical for half that price. I was more looking at the buyer than making a buck for myself believe it or not… I don't think my intention was to screw over someone but what I thought at the time was to give them a better deal...if I were paying that price I would want it to be finished ready for troop/display.
    So I thought if I put mine up for that price and put a title to it (competing with it) that gives more bang for your buck for fully finished helmet. In my opinion, a better deal for the buyer since this lineage thing is hyped up so much when to most people cannot tell the difference. Like you just said you weren't sure if it was or wasn't and you’ve been around and seen plenty of helmets. I did lie about the lineage of the helmet because it previously caused a lot of drama between people which brought this on for me to compete with this helmet for some childish reason. Lots of "he said, she said" was going on from where the MF helmet came from, its history, etc.. So I was doing what I thought was right at the time trying to give the buyer a better deal. To not buy a helmet simply because of its lineage but how it looks, its accuracy, etc. But that’s no excuse for doing what I did making that auction trying to compete with what I thought would be a better option for the buyer. It was poor decision, and I am sorry for that and the people that were disappointed in me and surprised I did such. But I made a stupid mistake and people are taking it to another level.

I am thankful for one person who messaged me and made me realize what I was doing was wrong and he was right about everything. It wasn’t a matter of “oh my they caught me!” I better take down my eBay listing. It was a personal message from a friend I read questioning why I would do such which is why I took it off eBay.

Thank you for the support guys.

I don't understand how misrepresenting does any good for the buyer? In my listing titles I put "NOT Master Replicas" because it will get people looking for an MR helmet to my link, but then I list in the description why the helmet might be more accurate than an MR helmet. If it was just in your title I wouldn't have even brought this up, but it was also described as a MF and said that this piece was super rare when in fact it is not and can still be bought fairly cheap.

Furthermore a 24-hour auction suggests that this was an attempt to get it sold really quick without anyone noticing, but because I can't PROVE that I'm not going to even go further into that.

Here's the problem with your logic:
    1. Though you may feel like the MF isn't worth what it is, they go for insane money because they are rare.
    2. The differences between the MF and MR are VAST because the MF is from a PP2 helmet and the MR is from a PP3. Completely different lineages and anyone whose done the research can spot the differences fairly quick. The bowing outward of visor area suggests this is an RS helmet
    3. If the helmet DID sell, and the buyer was not knowledgeable about the helmet, then what happens if they decide to sell the helmet later on and label it as a MF and get in trouble for fraud of some sort? All it takes is a name to associate that with a member here and make us as a community look bad.
    4. Regardless of what you think of your own helmet you're selling, it still is what it is and it might not bring as much as YOU feel it's worth. I've seen regular MR helmets go for more than my GMH did, and despite my helmet being more accurate that's how things work when you're talking about competing against a rare or licensed piece. - It's the buyer's choice to decide what something is worth to them, so use some salesmanship in your description and tell the customer WHY they need to buy your helmet over an MF.

Art Andrews said: View Post
    This doesn't make any logical sense either. Your helmet isn't competing against an MF. Gino and I have both sold ours. There was no competition. And how were you giving more band for a buyers buck by offering them a finished helmet with a false pedigree and an inflated price based on that false pedigree? Note again at the end of your statement that you are essentially saying "since you dumbasses can't differentiate one helmet from another based off a few small photos on eBay, and since I feel that lineage is all hype anyway..." As I said in my opening statement, how could you possibly expect this community NOT to take offense to that.
    To clarify on the "competition," I believe he was talking about this one that also made it on:

Boba Fett Fiberglass Helmet Replica Malone Fett PP2 Ken Tarallo Preproduction 2 | eBay

From
    Modesto, California

Yes, my response sucks and came off totally wrong if I sound condescending and insulting. Theres no hiding the fact my writing is that of a drunken hobo.

What you and Gino do with your helmets is your business and none of mine. I understand

I'm not protesting, I'm just trying to share my side and defending myself. Thankfully I'm not alone.

I'm saying just because of a helmets lineage, it doesn't mean its going to give you that "Boba fett look", if that makes sense. If it makes people happy to buy a helmet thats closest to the lineage of the original then thats great, I'm not docking them or calling them dumbasses. I'm just trying to share an opinion since I've handled most helmets and that just because of the lineage of a helmet, doesn't guarantee that it'll give off that look, in my opinion anyway. That's why new helmets are being made to try and replicate that wonderful ESB flare and give that Fett look the community would love. From a sellers point of view when you put anything with Lineage in the title, people are going to gravitate towards it.

I'm definitely not saying people are dumbasses, I'm just saying the differences are not huge at all and usually the hype is what brought me in buying a certain helmet and I'm sure others. But was disappointed compared to the other previous and future helmets. How the community takes offense to my opinion, I don't understand.

The MF helmet line, in my opinion. People are selling them now at high prices because there is going to be a lot more of them popping up.

I am still a positively contributing member of the community and a good seller. One stupid mistake shouldn't erase all that but I understand it makes people question me and that's fine. I'm more than happy to prove them wrong. And thank you for those members who spoke up for me. I really appreciate that.

Bottom line though, I was wrong to do what I did. Everyone here knows its wrong. I apologize for that.
    Last edited by sleepalot; Jun 29, 2013 at 11:38 PM.

From
    Las Vegas, NV

Yes, my response sucks and came off totally wrong if I sound condescending and insulting. Theres no hiding the fact my writing is that of a drunken hobo.

What you and Gino do with your helmets is your business and none of mine. I understand

I'm not protesting, I'm just trying to share my side and defending myself. Thankfully I'm not alone.
    I appreciate that (as I am sure does the community).

I'm saying just because of a helmets lineage, it doesn't mean its going to give you that "Boba fett look", if that makes sense. If it makes people happy to buy a helmet thats closest to the lineage of the original then thats great, I'm not docking them or calling them dumbasses. I'm just trying to share an opinion since I've handled most helmets and that just because of the lineage of a helmet, doesn't guarantee that it'll give off that look, in my opinion anyway. That's why new helmets are being made to try and replicate that wonderful ESB flare and give that Fett look the community would love. From a sellers point of view when you put anything with Lineage in the title, people are going to gravitate towards it.
    I totally understand where you are coming from and you are, of course entitled to your opinion. There is no doubt that lineage does not necessarily equate to accuracy because a poorly cast helmet with a great lineage may not always match what people have in their heads. The Ken Tarallo plug and the Grant McCune helmet come from an absolutely atrocious mold of the PP2 helmet (I know because I have had the opportunity to see and inspect the original PP2 in person). But... despite all of its flaws, the mold that produced the Ken Tarallo plug and the Grant McCune helmet is still, to date, one of the closest lineages we have back to an original Fett helmet. That is why those lineages do matter to a lot of people. It doesn't ensure accuracy, but it does give a sense of closeness to the origin. People do gravitate toward that. Some due to accuracy, or a belief in greater accuracy, and some simply because of the small number of generations between their casting and the original. There will always be another helmet that strives to push the boundaries just a bit further or achieve that one detail that the last one lacked, but it doesn't negate what came before, especially when it has lineage attached to it.

I'm definitely not saying people are dumbasses, I'm just saying the differences are not huge at all and usually the hype is what brought me in buying a certain helmet and I'm sure others. But was disappointed compared to the other previous and future helmets. How the community takes offense to my opinion, I don't understand.
    That all depends on what you consider a huge difference. Outside of this community, people point to Jango Fett and call it Boba. The idea that there is any variation at all in Boba Fett's or that there was more than one look for Boba is completely beyond their grasp. To them, not only are the differences not huge... they don't exist at all, even when you try to point it out to them. That is not the case here and for some, the differences ARE huge. While the MF, GMH, DP Dlx, DP 95, MSH, and Mystery helmets all stem from the same source (the PP2), in my opinion, the differences between all of those are absolutely enormous. And don't even get me started on helmets coming from the MR line (PP3) or the Banzai (RotJ Stunt). At that point you are talking light years apart in some of our eyes. If you don't feel that way, you are certainly entitled to that opinion. I would just warn you against using your opinion about lineage as a selling point or in this case as some type of very confusing reverse-psychology to show others how little lineage matters. It isn't that the community takes offense to your personal opinion, but what your opinion, as well as your knowledge about their opinion was caused you to do in your auction.

The MF helmet line, in my opinion. People are selling them now at high prices because there is going to be a lot more of them popping up.
    I can't speak for Gino or marcvs66, but I can easily tell you why I sold mine. I don't need it. I have an earlier, unmodified copy from the PP2 mold in my collection, so for me, the MF no longer made sense for me to keep. I am only keeping Licensed pieces and the very earliest generation castings from each helmet line in my collection. The MF fits into neither of those categories.

While I won't comment on it further, I will be genuinely surprised if new copies start popping up. Maybe they will... but I have my doubts.

I am still a positively contributing member of the community and a good seller. One stupid mistake shouldn't erase all that but I understand it makes people question me and that's fine. I'm more than happy to prove them wrong. And thank you for those members who spoke up for me. I really appreciate that.

Bottom line though, I was wrong to do what I did. Everyone here knows its wrong. I apologize for that.
    Again, I appreciate it. Let's move forward from here.

Personally, I'd like to see a Paula Deen style apology video

"Pick up that bucket and throw it so hard that it kills me" lol!

From
    Orlando

I'm very glad this was resolved.

From
    Stockholm, Sweden

Art Andrews said: View Post
    You are certain of that? Well... you would certainly be wrong. I sold off my MF because I don't need it any more. My actions aren't determined by others or what they may or may not do. Sounds like you might have been sipping a bit too much of the angst-laced koolaid.

With that answered, lets see if I understand clearly what happened here.

Gino sold his MF helmet.

I sold my MF helmet.

We both posted them up as an auction and didn't twist anyone's arm to buy them. The helmets simply sold for current market price.
    Oh yes they did sell for market price. It's all fair, I'm not accusing you of not playing fair. But there is an area called business intelligence. That's what these sales are caused by. People see them sell for big cash and consider selling their own while the iron is hot. But these helmets would be just as expensive last year too. Why sell right now? You've already said why, and that's fair and I buy that. No problem! And if I had one of these helmets I would certainly like to sell it before it decreases in value.

I'm trying to stay objective, and just call things as I see them. Dismiss it as ranting if you like. I don't expect anyone to listen to me either.
    But like I said in the earlier post, if Lee starts making many more castings, the market of MF collapses and the value goes down. So if you sit on one of these helmets and know or even just suspect that this will happen, this is the time to get out, and sell while the price is high. It's capitalism 101.

Anyway, this is all off-topic and I'll gladly leave the subject if no one else wishes to discuss it further. I don't mean to cause a stir.