Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Possible MF Scam?

Possible MF Scam?

Hey guys!,

As I'm sure many of you do, I frequent eBay for Fett things because every once in a while you find a gem (and because I missed out on buying an MR helm for $500 buy it now - grrrrrrr!)

Well today I was making my morning pass while at work and this listing caught my eye...

Listing No.: 121134813270

This helmet is clearly titled and described as being a Malone Fett, which has as of late had a little drama associated with it from what I understand. But in looking closer at this helmet I'm pretty positive it's not a MF.

If you look at the visor area it sort of bows out wider toward the middle, which sort of reminded me of the RS helmet, making me think this is some sort of MR Proto helmet. Other give-aways look to be the cheeks, as if you look at the MF on ebay currently it has a curvature to the bottom of the cheek, and the dome on this particular helmet looks too smooth to be an MF.

Strangely enough the seller did not show pictures of the back of the helmet, and as I'm sure alot of us know, the MF has a droopy band on the rear of the helmet and the keyslots do show some deformity.

Anyway, just wanted to get your guys take on this and pass this off as a warning in case anyone was looking at this helmet. Don't get me wrong, this is a GORGEOUS helmet compared to what's normally found on eBay, but I don't think it's quite what it is being advertised as...

Anyone know this seller or recognize this helmet?

From
    North Texas

Re: Possible MF Scam?

So did I read it right that it was listed and pulled today..........the listing didn't stay up for long.

Interesting though.

Mullreel said: View Post
    So did I read it right that it was listed and pulled today..........the listing didn't stay up for long.

Interesting though.
    The fact that it was pulled makes me wonder if it was a member here??? I didn't realize it was pulled until I saw your post! Hmmmmm

High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    From
    USAF Utah

Class act right there...

From
    Inland Empire, CA

All of the info is right there, guys.

It's a TDH member, all right. His NAME is on it, for Pete's sake lol!

From
    North Texas

I wonder who painted it.

I would think he would have scored the 1300 on most likely if that was a MF helmet.
    Last edited by Mullreel; Jun 29, 2013 at 7:08 PM.

From
    Murrieta CA

Hmmmm!!!!! Very interesting.....

High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    From
    USAF Utah

Looks alot like Sleepalot's Helmet and desk...

From
    North Texas

well aren't you the detective.......

well if Sleepalot did that paint job he should be proud, it is a good looking helmet.

From
    Murrieta CA

Yeah Dom i would have to say you are right on this one obviously Sleepalot cannot be trusted by trying to rip people off of there good hard earned money. the proof is there!!!!

same-lid-jpg

deadland said: View Post
    Yeah Dom i would have to say you are right on this one obviously Sleepalot cannot be trusted by trying to rip people off of there good hard earned money. the proof is there!!!!

same-lid-jpg
    Oh WOW... Even with the focal length differences and lighting that's the sand helmet taken in the same spot...

I won't argue with Murreel, that paint job was done wonderfully. But the attempt to sell this in a 24 hour auction as something completely and entirely different than what it is needs to be answered for.

I don't know Sleepalot personally, but I do know a few people on these boards that are new to the hobby that have seen the drama surrounding the MF that could have fallen for something like this easily were the listing not taken down. Or did the helm get sold off of eBay through PayPal or something? I sure hope not...

All in all, not cool, and I'd like to hear the suspected party ring in...

From
    Pennsylvania

Ok, so did I miss something? Somebody was trying to pass off a bucket as a LM and they are a member here?

JC, punch that listing number into eBay.

From
    USA

This was a mistake to make a point over the MF helmets and to see if someone would buy something just because of a name. Yes it was a stupid mistake and I did take it down very quickly after a good discussion with a nice friend and he was right. This was all wrong of me to do. After all the MF drama business going on I threw mine up to see if someone would buy it just because of the name. Just a test to see if people just buy a title... Everyone heres made mistakes and sold things overpriced but this wasn't a matter of making a buck but to rather have them buy my helmet over the MF helmet out of spite. That helmets caused a lot of drama and would rather see it rot than be held by one person privately... Hence why I put such a ridiculous/similar price to compete with it. But I did take it down very soon after because it would be a immature ****** move and that was my mistake. Things right now are rough on what is what and who to trust ever since that darn PP2 helmet.

Now onto Trust, this is something of a joke, if you ask ANYONE here whose dealt with me....and wow if I can't be trusted and I'm out for a buck then why do I do all these things to help the community? The drama is finally mellowing out and I am ready to move on from it.Yes I made a stupid mistake but the important thing is I did not follow through and It was not for personal gain but stupidity to keep that helmet from selling.
    Last edited by sleepalot; Jun 29, 2013 at 12:37 AM.

From
    Pennsylvania

Oh geez more helmet drama. I am not going to get involved with this stuff again. I'm not going to make accusations against anyone, I just think the whole helmet thing is just not that important.
    Last edited by Jc27; Jun 29, 2013 at 12:40 AM.

sleepalot said: View Post
    So many people I've ripped off.....sarcasm. This was a mistake to make a point over the MF helmets and to see if someone would buy something just because of a name. Yes it was a stupid mistake and I did take it down very quickly after a good discussion with a nice friend and he was right. After all the MF drama business going on I threw mine up to see if someone would buy it just because of the name. Just a test to see if people just buy a title. Everyone heres made mistakes and sold things overpriced but this wasn't a matter of making a buck ( none of my work is overcharged ) but to rather have them buy my helmet over the MF helmet out of spite because I do not think they should be worth that much. Hence why I put such a ridiculous/similar price. But I did take it down because it would be a ****** move and thats not my character when I'm clear headed.

Now.... if I can't be trusted and I'm out for a buck then why do I do all these things to help the community? Things right now are rough on what is what and who to trust ever since the PP2 helmet drama and now its finally mellowing out and ready to move on from it.
    No offense man, but to say that explanation is childish would be a vast understatement.

You PURPOSELY listed something with completely false pretenses because you were mad that a helmet that YOU think is better isn't as worth as much as a rare piece that some guy cast 10 years ago? If that's your argument then I don't know who in their right mind would use you for your new painting services. If you can list something for almost double what its worth and lie through the entire thing what's to keep you from screwing somebody over who sends pieces to you to work on?...

The way that I see it, had this friend of yours not talked to you and called your BS, you'd be laughing all the way to the bank and then who even knows what would happen next. These things typically start small and end up with someone getting away with more and more until eventually someone is out their hard earned money. And in this board being a band of fellow hobbyists I don't think this is acceptable or excusable. Not to mention in that ENTIRE message there wasn't really an apology, but rather a justification of your unethical actions which makes you look 10x worse.
    Last edited by JodoKast89; Jun 29, 2013 at 12:23 AM.

From
    Murrieta CA

Jc27 Dakota I could not agree more. He would been far better off making a post here in the forum and having an open discussion about the topic then trying to post a lid up for sale on eBay that was clearly not what it was just imagine if some poor guy bought it without knowing. Just to make a point I just don't get it sometimes. I have been on this board for a Long time and try to keep my nose out of this stuff but come on man after all our talk today and then to have the nerve to ask me if I can be someone to trust REALLY!!!

From
    USA

So Jodo when you sold your GMH for $980 that made you feel like you didn't rip that person off? Then you said you needed the funds and the next day you were out trying to buy a stand off a Bobamaker combo. Your far from innocent. Anyway,

You ask every person I've dealt with, sold to, or did a commission for and I haven't heard a word of poor character. This isn't childish and I'm not justifying anything I did as right. Your way of looking at it adds a lot more to it then it really is but I'm not going to argue with you, you've made up your mind.
    Last edited by sleepalot; Jun 29, 2013 at 12:43 AM.

So when you sold your GMH for $980 that made you feel like you didn't rip that person off? Then you said you needed the funds and the next day you were out trying to buy a stand off a Bobamaker combo. Your far from innocent. Anyway,

You ask every person I've dealt with, sold to, or did a commission for and I haven't heard a word of poor character. This isn't childish and I'm not justifying anything I did as right. Your way of looking at it is way adds a lot more to it then it really is but I'm not going to argue with you, you've made up your mind.
    Did I feel bad for selling my GMH for that much?? HELL NO. Why, you ask? Because it was ADVERTISED as a GMH and every detail of the helmet was described and shown in as accurate form as could possibly be. How dare you even compare the two... As for the stand, I was going to offer the guy $50-60 bucks for it, not that it's any of your business what my financial situation is or what I do with my money.

I'm not going to ask a single person about their experiences with you, because this is all I need to see to draw up my own conclusions about this. Had you came out and flat out said "Guys, I screwed up, I'm really sorry, it was wrong and whatever my fate is, is what I deserve" then MAYBE I would be a little sympathetic toward you. But as far as I'm concerned you're a swindler trying to make a quick buck and then don't have the tenacity to man and take responsibility for your actions.

Again, we're a band of hobbyists all interested in Fett. These are the guys that understand mine and your silly infatuation with a character that got around 10 minutes combined screen time, and you want to screw THEM over? Think about that really hard.

From
    Sacramento, California

This far in the thread and there's still no apology, still only defense and justification for unsavory actions. I think that says quite a bit itself.

From
    USA

I don't want sympathy, nor care for it. especially over a stupid helmet that wasn't worth the trouble. Yes, I did make a bad decision and did not think this many people would feel betrayed and to the people who looked up to me, I am sorry but people make mistakes. Now Jodo, sorry you feel so "betrayed" and think I'm a "swindler" whose screwing people over to make a quick buck and don't take any responsibility my actions.....for getting products out on time....., replacing anything I made a mistake with for free.....keeping great communication, being that everyone pays gifted and not one person has been screwed. Lets lay off that hatorade

I don't want sympathy, nor care for it. especially over a stupid helmet that wasn't worth the trouble. Yes, I did make a bad decision and did not think this many people would feel betrayed and to the people who looked up to me, I am sorry but people make mistakes. Now Jodo, sorry you feel so "betrayed" and think I'm a "swindler" whose screwing people over to make a quick buck and don't take any responsibility my actions.....for getting products out on time....., replacing anything I made a mistake with for free.....keeping great communication, being that everyone pays gifted and not one person has been screwed. Lets lay off that hatorade
    "I am sorry but people make mistakes" is clearly not an apology to the community. My words have fallen on deaf ears, and that's okay. I won't waste my time trying to be rational with an obviously irrational person.

At this point I think it's best that the community and moderators deal with you.

From
    USA

For once I have to agree with you on, "I think it's best that the community and moderators deal with you."

From
    USA

Mullreel said: View Post
    I wonder who painted it.

I would think he would have scored the 1300 on most likely.
    Yes I did and thank you for the kind comment.

From
    LR,Arkansas

very interesting read to say the least. Be very glad you're not doing this on the RPF you'd be banned at this point. Image is everything online and when a guy is caught red handed and then turns right to defense and sarcasm......his image turns to **** very quick.