4/29/13 Edit - I am taking a small break from making these. If you want to be notified of when they are available again, send me an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or PM and I will put you on my waiting/interest list for the next run.
These are for sale in KIT FORM ONLY. They do not come assembled. They will require the typical prop-building work (dremel work, sanding, painting, soldering for any electronics, and other assembly) that you would expect from any resin cast prop kit.
Because each build is custom to the owner, there is not a single “right” way to do this. By way of instructional guide, I offer my own build thread, which is documented over on the RPF here: Pip-Boy 3000 Build-up (pic heavy). It has a lot of good info and should give you a good idea of what it takes to put one of these together. Post #263 documents my most recent build and here is what it looked like once finished:
And my first build:
And a picture of a raw cast to give you an idea of what you will receive:
What I offer:
PRICING – RESIN CAST:
White resin Pip-Boy cast: $75 + shipping
(note: handplate is not included and not available for sale)
PRICING – DETAIL PACKAGES:
I offer multiple options of OPTIONAL detail packages that you can use to improve the look and functionality of your PipBoy.
Package 1) “Smartphone” Package - $11 (for those who will be using their iPhone or iPod Touch or similar gadget for the main screen's lights & sounds)
* Metal details: 6 accurately sized screws & 3 rivet heads
* 1 Hinge
* 3 yellow LED Covers (for the Stats/Items/Data lights under the main screen)
* 1 Correctly sized rad meter decal
* 1 Black mesh for back of speaker grill
Package 2) “Details” Package - $15
Includes all of the contents of Package 1, plus:
* 1 Plexi-glass screen
* 1 Correctly sized color screen print (Fallout 3 default green with no name & level 1 displayed)
Package 3) “Lights” Package - $48
Includes all of the contents of Packages 1 & 2, plus:
* 2 EL sheets (for full coverage of screen area)
* 1 EL Inverter (9V & powerful enough for both EL sheets)
* 2 Yellow LEDs (1 to use and 1 as backup)
* 1 9V battery holder
* 1 Switch (push-on, push-off)
* 2 Pieces of green lighting film
* 1 Double AAA battery pack (for powering yellow LED)
* 1 Resistor
Random other Fallout stuff:
* Resin copy of Platinum Chip (from New Vegas): $5
To order, just send me an email (email@example.com) or a PM here and let me know what you'd like. Be sure to include your zip code (or country for international orders) and I will contact you back with a shipping quote and total.
TO PAY: Send a PayPal payment to firstname.lastname@example.org. I can also be contacted for correspondence at this email address.
Please make sure the shipping address used in PayPal is correct, as that is what I use. Be sure to include the details of your order and your screenname (or correspondence email address if different from your PP address) in the comments of your payment.