Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

*Pic Update* MachineCraft Replicas Boba Fett Aluminum Parts

*Pic Update* MachineCraft Replicas Boba Fett Aluminum Parts

Hey guys!

I know many of you have been waiting for this moment, and i'm pleased to FINALLY be typing this thread. I have been working very closely with a machinist to get little things here and there right, and I will continue to do so even with showing you this first round of "Masters" if you will. I want to highlight what I feel are any shortcomings that will be fixed before the parts actually make it to your doorstep, and I also want to set proper expectations for moving forward.

As many of you know, I have acquired the the pieces used for our drawings from Fettpride, and we will be working on more pieces in the near future that I will gauge interest on via this thread as well. As future projects come up I will be making new threads, but for now I think it will be much easier for me to maintain this one thread for both sales and interest.

I will warn you I'm not a professional photographer, nor do I have a professional studio to display these items, so a sheet on a (fairly) level chair had to work! This will be something I upgrade in the future. I am in the beginning stages of buying a house and will end up building a miniature studio to take more accurate pictures.

With that being said, lets get to the pieces! (Click item name for Pictures):

BOBA FETT KNEE DARTS (SET): $45

These darts use Fettpride's copy of the actual Michell part. I cannot tell you how much pictures don't do these justice, it's hard to compare darts that have been primered to ones that are raw aluminum, but I will tell you that the smaller dart is getting tweaked even further to be more accurate than the pictures show. This being said, I am curious how many of you would like to see more accurate Toe Spikes using this part, as the ones available now are a "Variant" and are sized completely differently.

JETPACK STABILIZER: $35

The main thing I want to point out on the stabilizer here is that the top is a screw-on piece with an accurate hole in the middle. The screw in piece will have the accurate tapering on the top and bottom so that it looks just like the Michell part. While the knurling may not be 100% accurate it will be as close as I can get it, and if a more accurate knurling is found locally I will offer a replacement screw-top to those who have purchased my stabilizer at an extremely discounted price.

JETPACK BEACON: $70 (ADD $5 FOR BRASS TOP)

[/SIZE]This here is my pride and joy. I fought tooth and nail to bring you guys a more accurate Beacon that not only looked better, but had better functionality as well. The MachineCraft Jetpack Beacon does both of these. Utilizing a screw on top and a long fastener, installing a Beacon and light setup will be easier than ever. By using a 'skinny' fastener with flat ends, you can easily thread the Beacon into place without fear of a nut eating into that great fiberglass job. This beacon is hollow to allow a small set of wires to run through the beacon and the beacon top is large enough to house most LED setups. Our very own JC27 will be working on a Beacon light that will be unlike anything we've seen. (I'll let him ring in on that one)

JETPACK COLLAR: $30

[/B][/SIZE]The Jetpack collar pictured here is actually a prototype which is why the two may have slight differences in the depth of the recess that the missile fits in, this will be addressed with the final production pieces. The main differences between the two is the knurling depth. I am going to be working hard with the machinist to determine if we can get an even more accurate knurling depth, but I assure you the difference is purely one that can only "feel" and not a noticeable one whatsoever even from small distances.

JETPACK EXHAUST VENTS: $25 (ROUND) OR $35 (EARS)

[/B][/SIZE]The Jetpack vents turned out great in general. These are made to fit the Fettpride jetpack. On the vent with "Ears" the MachineCraft piece has "shorter" ears. This has been fixed already and accurate ears will be on those who order them.

JETPACK THRUSTER SIDE GREEBLIES (PAIR): $25

[/B][/SIZE]This part is one of the couple that we got completely right on the first time, go us!

JETPACK THRUSTER DISCS "AFTERBURNERS" (PAIR): $25

[/B][/SIZE]I think these turned out great. We left a hole in the center of the discs to accommodate those who would like to add on the smoke effect to their jetpack!

HOLLOW FLAMETHROWER NOZZLES (PAIR): $40[/B][/SIZE]

These flamethrower nozzles are hollow to accommodate many of the LED/smoke systems that our awesome members come up with. In the future I will be working with Fettpride on a resin 'block' that can house these for accurate and easy gauntlet mounting.

HOW TO ORDER: To order, please email Machinecraftreplicas@gmail.com. By everyone using this email I will be able to have multiple people answer questions and help process the orders and things will get taken care of on a more timely basis. Once you have inquired about your order I will provide you with a template to put in Paypal so that I can easily keep track of your order and make sure it is delivered on a timely basis. All prices are AS GIFT, if sending as goods/services please include 3% Paypal Fee with your order.

Thanks for looking! Feel free to ask any questions you may have!,

-Dakota
    Last edited by JodoKast89; Dec 14, 2013 at 2:12 PM.

Re: OFFICIAL MachineCraft Replicas Boba Fett Aluminum Parts Sales/Interest Thread

OOOOOOOOH BOY! round exhaust vent and a set of afterburners are in my future!! Excellent work buddy!

From
    Victoria, British Columbia

Re: OFFICIAL MachineCraft Replicas Boba Fett Aluminum Parts Sales/Interest Thread

Hey Dakota!

Awesome man! Very excited. I will email my order, and am expressing interest in:

Toe Spikes
    Collar/Cod Studs
    Gauntlet Darts

Depending on photos and price.

From
    Jacksonville (Florida), United States

Love to get on the interest list for gauntlet darts, and also commit to the knee darts.

From
    Deliverence, Indiana

OFFICIAL MachineCraft Replicas Boba Fett Aluminum Parts Sales/Interest Thread

Knee darts
    Posted from iOS app

Deathproof, you can click on the item name to see pics

From

Darth Voorhees said: View Post
    Deathproof, you can click on the item name to see pics
    Not the spikes, studs or darts ...unless there is some witchcraft going on ....

From
    Puerto Rico

Knee darts over here, and email sent!

From
    Michigan

Add me to the list for:

JETPACK THRUSTER SIDE GREEBLIES (PAIR): $25

(.....and also curious to see the pics of the shoulder studs)

From
    Pennsylvania

The stuff looks great. I will start working on the beacon light as soon as I finish up developing the FP light kit, probably a few weeks.

I tried doing a search but couldn't find the answer... Round Exhaust Vent or With Ears??? Which is correct for an ESB version JetPack?

Ahh...since I'm at it...what about Brass Beacon light...I thought it was black???

From
    Murrieta CA

Dakota these turned out great you know I will be down for the knee darts. beacon and stabilizer and put me down as very interested in the collar and cod studs!!!

From
    Hartford, CT

DeathProof said: View Post
    Toe Spikes
    Collar/Cod Studs
    Gauntlet Darts

Depending on photos and price.
    Same for me

From

Jc27 said: View Post
    The stuff looks great. I will start working on the beacon light as soon as I finish up developing the FP light kit, probably a few weeks.
    Right on! More of my money gone

All PMs replied and emails answered. Thanks for the tremendous support, guys!

And due to large interest the parts mentioned are going to be in the works VERY soon. Bear with me and it'll be worth the wait

-Dakota

From
    Germany

Oh my holy........finally i can order a pair of JETPACK THRUSTER DISCS "AFTERBURNERS".
    Im very interested. Shipping to Germany is needed.
    Please send me a PM with PP addy and so on.

Thanks!

From
    Ontario, Canada

Knee darts, collar studs and Jetpack beacon (with brass) for me. Look great. Thanks!

From
    London

Email sent to address above for a beacon. Thanks

From
    London

Hey Dakota. Payment sent for beacon (Aluminium top). Can't wait to get this thanks

So glad to see this happening Dakota. The pieces look awesome so far !

I've seen the finals for these pieces guys. You will all be delighted
    Posted from iOS app

From
    Detention Block AA23

JodoKast89 said: View Post

[/B][/SIZE]These darts use Fettpride's copy of the actual Michell part. I cannot tell you how much pictures don't do these justice, it's hard to compare darts that have been primered to ones that are raw aluminum, but I will tell you that the smaller dart is getting tweaked even further to be more accurate than the pictures show. This being said, I am curious how many of you would like to see more accurate Toe Spikes using this part, as the ones available now are a "Variant" and are sized completely differently.
    The parts look great. Good work!
    Two points.

The hole on the knee dart tube.. thing, should go all the way through.

Also to comment on the variant toe spikes. The Michell part used for the knee darts was not commonly used for the toe spikes. All the main suits used a variant version.
    These variant toe spike parts, whatever they were, are just like the version Gav and I created. Yes they are sized a bit differently but are based on the Michell part, and modified to resemble the real Fett toe spikes.
    However, the ROTJ suit seems to have used at least a few of the Michell parts for toe spikes. Honestly you can really even tell for sure since ROTJ reference is so bad. But the MOM display has 3 Michell toe spikes and one variant.

Just clarifying those points.

So maybe just gauge an interest in MOM style toe spikes instead of asking who is interested in "more accurate" spikes? Thanks.
    Last edited by Keegan; Aug 15, 2013 at 1:01 AM. Reason: Silly me.

From
    Fremont, CA

kbrosseau said: View Post
    The hole on the Michell part goes all the way though. The spike should be hollow.
    Wait, What?
    img_3459-jpgimg_3461-jpgimg_3463-jpg
    Not hollow, maybe you'er referring another Michell part?

From
    Detention Block AA23

Oops, good call Syper. Yeah the knee...launcher or whatever. What do we call the other knee things that aren't the conical Michell part?
    I can't tell if the hole goes all the way though in the picture but it looks like it might not and I know some replicas are like that.

Those are some great originals you have there!

Dakota, I love the thruster disks. I think you may be the first to ever offer them.

From
    Deliverence, Indiana

What's the turn around time once payment is sent? I apologize in advance if this was covered somewhere.
    Posted from iOS app

22ssplt said: View Post
    What's the turn around time once payment is sent? I apologize in advance if this was covered somewhere.
    This is something that has been asked a couple times so I'm happy to answer.

Initial turnaround time I expect to be is that the items ship in 2-3 weeks max. The reason for this is I want to give the Machinist an accurate idea of quantity we'll be starting with, and I am going to invest a bit of my personal money to overbuy so that these items will be in hand and ready to ship moving forward.

Trust me when I say 2-3 weeks turnaround time is NOT my ideal situation, but we've all gotta start somewhere, right? And historically that's a pretty short timeframe from what I've seen on aluminum parts.

I really appreciate you guys that are first in line here on orders. It means a lot and I look forward to seeing these parts in some AWESOME Fett suits!

-Dakota