Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

lists closed - for now. (interest in the Hand-Schaub bronze Webley)

From
    Stockholm, Sweden

Re: interest in the Hand-Schaub bronze Webley

I received a slip in the mail today telling me I had a package from the US waiting for me. Imagine my disappointment when the tracking number didn't match up with that of my blaster.

I wonder what it is though, I don't remember ordering anything else from the US recently. Feels like a late christmas present.

I should be picking up metal for the rest of the guns as early as the end of the week. More realistically I wiont be able to pick it up until mid next week. It will take a bit of time to finish and fit them but it shouldn't be too long anymore.

From
    Stockholm, Sweden

It has arrived! Sweet blaster goodness of all things that are good!

dsc_0005_s-jpg
    Comparison pic with my stormrider kit I built during the spring/summer.

Thanks again Brian. This is a beautiful thing!

Great - glad it got to you all right. This should be the week where the foundry pours the rest. As usual if I don't hound them then I think they just let them sit. Anybody who has ever wrked with artisans probably can relate with me on that one

Looks amazing! Cant wait to get mine

It will be pretty soon. I got word today that the guns are in metal. I will be picking htem up shortly. Originally I thought I would pick them up on the 31st of January but I may have to go out that way before then and I can pick up the raw castings. It will take some time for me to do the cleaning and fitting on them but at least I'll be able to supply everybody with a picture once and a while.

uhg! Sorry guys. Have to pick up the guns next week - they weren't ready (I call bull poop on the foundry!)

Metal parts are in hand! Now to start the task of cleaning and fitting. SHould have a pic up later this evening.

Fett 4 Real said: View Post
    Wow, now I do really WANT that right there...gonna have to save up my pennies. I think $150 tops would be doable...for my trooping blaster its pretty much a must have. If thats the price because of the metal to be used so be it. I fully understand the price of metal. Come up with a price, and timeframe you need the $$ and Im in for that...the flashing is unseen you could cast it like that and Id be happy the strength of the bracket is the reason I want it. I think anyone with a plastic blaster with wood stock is gonna want this REALLY BAD.

I had two "D" brackets cast and a grip. Who needs one?
    Last edited by Hand-Schaub; Feb 11, 2013 at 6:10 PM.

int got pics?

Here's a progress pic of this batch of guns. I started with general clean up of the big metal gate chunks. I'll be drilling and tweaking in the coming week and doing final surface clean up after that.
    For those in need of a bracket I have two at $85 each. The grip is an extra $40 (I only have one). The grip will be high buff polished and the D Bracket will be cleaned and chemicallyblackened.
    webleysrun2-jpg

From
    Ireland

Any more of these going?...just need the main body..

the bracket and grip set is spoken for. I do have one bracket available still.

gunside1-jpg

by main body, do you mean only this part? The grip and D bracket are cast in the same piece.

DanzoFett said: View Post
    Any more of these going?...just need the main body..

if you have a main body and dbracket available let me know man

Right now the only 'extra' item I have in hand is the seperate bracket. brack-jpg

So I worked quiet a bit on these today. I know it doesn't look like much but I did all the fitting and drilling and tapping on these. The metal casts have a lot of little things that hang up. The next step is to do cosmetic clean up which in turn helps with the fitting on these. If I made these non-opening then I would be done already...and they would be cheaper too. It takes a lot of work to fit the parts. If anybody in the future wants one withot an opening barrel I will cut the price by $100 right off!
    I also heard the stocks are ready. I'll be fitting the pins and springs in by the end of the week. My expectation is to have the guns ready by the end of nesxt weekend!

webprog-jpg

Looks amazing! Cant wait!

Getting closer guys! Hardware is purcahsed ($50 for a small bag of screws and what not!) stocks are beautiful and ready to mound. I just need a few hours to bore out the barrels and then they will be ready to color. I should have these finished up by FRIDAY!!!

From
    Ireland

This is what I need for main body...I don't mind if it dosent open...it's just for the real feel of the blaster.already got wood stock metal bracket and brass grip..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image-jpg   image-jpg  

DanzoFett said: View Post
    This is what I need for main body...I don't mind if it dosent open...it's just for the real feel of the blaster.already got wood stock metal bracket and brass grip..
    Okay - I'll cast a wax and show you how I think this will work out. I'll adjust price if you want it static. What one saves in bracket metal may be used up in the handle and wax work. But it's worth a shot.

[COLOR="silver"]- - - Updated - - -[/COLOR]

Update on current batch. Today is the day I finish these up! the barrels proved to be a huge annoyance as casting them bulks the tube slightly and 'fixes' to the barrel makes it so I have to grind out the interior. I don't know if everybody intends on using a three cell flash tube but it has been a pain to get the interiors shaved down enough to accomodate them.

From
    Ireland

Thanks dude.....

Ok... after long last the next 4 Webleys are done.
    So... I may be speaking a bit out of emotion but with the exception of Buckaroo trooper's Webley, these will be the LAST time I ever offer the functional locking model. No matter how many of these I do they always are problematic. Aside from the novelty of the barrel 'clinking' into place I see no good reason to make these 'function'. In the end I feel like I give less than stellar work even though I put in hours upon hours of time getting them to the working point. So without further ado... here they are...
    2nd-batch-jpg

beautifull work MR shaub

From
    In front of the computer

Mr. Schaub. I like that.

These look absolutely gorgeous. Cannot wait for the mail to arrive. If the carrier only knew what got delivered here sometimes.

Thanks so much for all of the hard work.

Ted.
    Prefect42