Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

lists closed - for now. (interest in the Hand-Schaub bronze Webley)

Re: interest in the Hand-Schaub bronze Webley

Awesome! Cant wait!

These are gorgeous! I already have one and it makes me want another!!!

Update!

Picked up metal casting today for 4 guns. The top 5 of the list will be getting thier guns fairly soon. I regret to say that the waxes I gated up last week are not as far as I wished they were. I exchanged some strong words with the foundry so I expect the process to move along faster now.

And I've rough shaped the curves on 6 of the stocks, and yesterday I sanded those down to about 120 grit. Routing out the slot for the handle flange, shaping the taper on the front end, and finish sanding are all that remain on those.

Matt

Another update on the first five... fitting is done! I forgot just what a pain in the *** it is to get these things in 'working' order. It seems simple to drill a few holes, tap a few more then slide things together. In the case of cast items they rarely fit 'well'. So it always takes a lot longer than I think . The barrel ends need to fit a tube and some do, some don't. The ones that had 'fix it' welds and what not need to be re-ground out to fit the tube. Some are a tight fit, but they fit.

I know I can find this info elsewhere but I'm tired and lazy now... how far out does the flash tube stick out?

Anyways, next step is to do a final wire wheeling to even out the surface and clean it then it's on to the black patina. Final assembly then shipment! Yay!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails photo-jpg  

The handle flange is routed, and the first batch of stocks are finished and ready to put on the castings.
    Matt

From
    Stockholm, Sweden

I never went so far as to searching the forum for a measurement of how far the flash tube should stick out, but I did compare a lot with the screenshots and promo pics and ended up with 10.5 cm (just above 4 inches) past the forward barrel ring, and I think that turned out pretty much spot on compared to the pictures.

The castings look beautiful! Looking forward to mine.

After visiting the foundry and working out some the 'confussion' with the current batch of guns they are all now on the fast track to being poured in metal.

The current first five are also very close. I got a pretty nasty cold making it difficultt on work on them the last week. I did do some work but in the net two weeks I will have the first five DONE and ready to ship!

From
    Milton Keynes, UK

interest in the Hand-Schaub bronze Webley

Just seen this thread. Simply incredible. How much would one be shipped to the UK? And will these be shipped in kit form that one can assemble? Also would you be able to sell different parts? I'd be interested in just the metal body (barrel and receiver, scope rings, molex).

I just offer the gun so there would be no scope rings or anything like that. I can offer any degree of finish you like and any section you like. The main parts are the barrel, thehandle assembly and the push button 'thing' that hold the two together. I can cut waxes to offer just the grip or bracket as well. If you are handy with metal finishing and what not I can offer rough castings as well for about half the price of a finished one.

Shipping will be International flat rate for a medium box ($50) the guns wil need minor assembly (to screw it together) in order for it to fit in the flat rate box.

From
    Stockholm, Sweden

I can't wait for this baby to be finished! Hopyfully Stormrider finds some time to cast me some greblies.

From
    Laguna Niguel, CA

interest in the Hand-Schaub bronze Webley

Been away from this board for a long time due to life/family issues. Just catching up and can't believe these are being made. Is it too late to jump in? Absolutely no rush to receive on my end.

I'm wrapping up the first 5 this evening and tomorrow. There are a few at the foundry. When those return in metal I will hopefully bring new waxes to the foundry. I will most likely create a new run of these to keep things nice and neat. So, to answer your question - YES, I will make more but I will need to gather up a few more interested people (otherwise the foundry charges more per unit which I can not afford).

Update on the first five coming soon!

Finishing pictures! I can explain more in depth if you want but generally what you see here are pictures of the guns being finalized. They are wire wheeled and degreeesed which is why they are shiny gold. They would tarnish very quickly if left out. The next series shows the patina process with the spray. I didn't really like this process as it left kind of an uneven finish on them. They were dried and warmed and waxed. The wax is a very hard a durable wax so they should stand up pretty well. There are a few shots of the beautiful stocks with the improved screw posts in them (like an original). they all have the limited 'action'. they will be shipped in three parts so that they can fit into a flat rate box. If you do not have the ability to screw three screws I can ship it fully assembled but it would require additional shipping costs. So there it is!!!
    finihsing-jpg
    Last edited by Hand-Schaub; Jan 2, 2013 at 6:12 PM.

From
    Stockholm, Sweden

Sweeet!

finishedguns-jpg

Proof - First five a finished and ready to be packed up!

Wow! Those look amazing! Maybe someday I could spring for one!

Wolfsburg said: View Post
    Wow! Those look amazing! Maybe someday I could spring for one!
    Thank you. Sounds good. I will begin a new interest/run list when I complete the second batch from the foundry.

From
    Stockholm, Sweden

PP sent!

From
    Northern California

Those are beautiful.

Tsophika said: View Post
    Those are beautiful.
    Thank you!

High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    From
    USAF Utah

Well in the mail today what should I find but a beautiful Webley from Hand-Schaub

From
    Stockholm, Sweden

Come on transatlantic postal service, hurry up!

From
    Jacksonville, NC

Brian,
    My housesitter sent video of her opening my Webley. It looks amazing! Now August needs to hurry up, this deployment needs to end, and I need to get home so I can start working on my Fett again! Thanks a mill brother!

Steve

High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    From
    USAF Utah

stevenlramga said: View Post
    Brian,
    My housesitter sent video of her opening my Webley. It looks amazing! Now August needs to hurry up, this deployment needs to end, and I need to get home so I can start working on my Fett again! Thanks a mill brother!

Steve
    You may actually poop a little when you hold it...I shall take a few pics when I get a chance tomorrow I think...I have my SR ESB blaster thats coming apart to add the greebs to this. And I must say the thing is hefty.