Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

lists closed - for now. (interest in the Hand-Schaub bronze Webley)

Re: interest in the Hand-Schaub bronze Webley

looking amazing!

Ooooh i'll take a grip! ...and a stock bracket. I can wait till they are both ready though.

Darth Voorhees said: View Post
    Ooooh i'll take a grip! ...and a stock bracket. I can wait till they are both ready though.
    I'll have to cast a new wax then and bring it nezxt time I'm around the foundry. It may take alittle while.

No rush buddy!

From
    Stockholm, Sweden

That looks awesome!

Realy realy nice!!! Cant wait to get it in hands. Great work HS!!!

recieved word that some guns are officially in metal.

From
    Stockholm, Sweden

Sweet!

High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    From
    USAF Utah

Man oh Man...

Hey man, not gonna need that bracket and grip anymore. Found a set on E-bay. Thought it was authentic genuine, but it may be a replica...either way though, i got a set and wont need these. Just wanted to let you know!

Darth Voorhees said: View Post
    Hey man, not gonna need that bracket and grip anymore. Found a set on E-bay. Thought it was authentic genuine, but it may be a replica...either way though, i got a set and wont need these. Just wanted to let you know!
    **** - just droped it off at the foundry this afternoon!

oh well, somebody will want it I guess.

Progress report coming soon.

From
    Darwin River Northern Territory

How much would the d bracket and grip be worth!

RobaFett said: View Post
    How much would the d bracket and grip be worth!

Worth about 2 million! But I'll sell it for $125 shipped (US) The bracket is still in wax so I wont have that for several weeks

Progress as of 11/7/2012

So progress is slow on these and I appologize but in the end I think we will all have a very high quality product. I have two cleaned up guns in my shop ready to be fitted with hardware while 4 are still at the foundry needing welding and initial clean up. Several stragler guns are still in wax.

In order to move the project along I will be going to the foundry on my day off to 'gate' the wax guns. With that being said, if anybody wants to jump on board and have thier waxes in process - NOW would be a great time!!!!

This will get them in progress. As of now I will do my best to get at least the first four out before Christmas. The rest will follow soon after.

*** If anybody truely need thier gun before Christmas then please PM me! I will move it along faster and get it through the process*****

ok... the pictures!img_0170-jpgimg_0173-jpgimg_0169-jpgimg_0168-jpg

From
    Darwin River Northern Territory

that sounds good cause i have to hand some bunda over to mojo for some ali ears for my gmh, and will give me some time to get the sorted as I want to replace the grip and bracket on my esb blaster, just dont like the resin, even though i am doing rotj, cheers

From
    Stockholm, Sweden

Beautiful!

Hi all. I'm Hand-Schaub's woodworker on this project. I'm making the Webley replica gun stocks. So here's an update. Yesterday I got a beautiful piece of 2" walnut from my hardwood dealer. img_1258-jpg

And then I spent some time laying out the stocks and rough cutting the shapes on the band saw. The walnut is hard and dense, so that bandsaw blade is pretty cashed in.
    img_1260-jpg

Next I'll rough cut the shape some more, then onto shaping, cutting the slot for the gun handle, and finish sanding. More soon.

Awesome! I can supply you with a bracket so the fit is right.

Met with Canned Ham today. Great talking about Fett and props! The stocks will be AWESOME. I gave him the bracket to fit the stocks perfectly. One step closer!

Hey bud...i may still be interested in the grip. shoot over a PM with a price..thanks bud!

A few progress shots to show the gateing process. Lots of work, time and effort goes into these!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails gateweb1-jpg   gateweb2-jpg   gateweb3-jpg  

Hi all. I'm making the stocks on this project for Hand-Schaub. When I'm done with the ones for his castings, I'll have a few extra for sale. These will be solid, high grade walnut, based on a real Webley and Wizard of Light's plans. The recess in the side will be shaped and finished to fit the Webley handle. I'll finish them with an authentic dark walnut stain, but I'll leave the specific weathering to you. These stocks really make the gun. I even put one on my kid's Hasbro blaster, painted the plastic gun dark pewter, and weathered it and the results were great. There are a few pictures earlier in this thread of the stock.

$75 plus $15 shipping (in the lower 48). You can PayPal it to mccormick@csus.edu
    I'll open my own thread for this shortly.

Matt
    Last edited by Canned Ham; Nov 24, 2012 at 11:59 PM.

Got a bit of time today to do the layout lines on the first batch of the square cut stocks. Then I got them on the band saw and did the rough cuts on the shapes. Looking pretty good:
    img_1297-1-jpg

img_1304-1-jpg

I ordered the M20 patina today and metal wax. This will be a differnet color treatment than before. The black will be richer and should hold up better. I am also looking at sealing the guns beyond the metal wax.

I should be picking up some finished guns this week which means some final products are in the near future!

From
    Stockholm, Sweden

Woohoo!