Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

lists closed - for now. (interest in the Hand-Schaub bronze Webley)

From
    Stockholm, Sweden

Re: interest in the Hand-Schaub bronze Webley

Sounds great! I'm not in a hurry, but it's nice to get updates. Just let me know when to send the remaining funds.

I will... when it goes to the foundry I'm kind of at a stand still, they need to do thier work while I just wait and complain that they are not fast enough

- - - Updated - - -

ANother update for those of you who may be 'thinking' about getting one of these. I made a deal with a long time friend and foundry worker to do the majority of the clean up on the bronze. While I pride myself on doing a decent job on these in the past, I feel he is better suited to do the majority of the finishing work. He will be doing this work so the final produt will be cleaner. Just an added bonus for those who got on board early!

From
    Jacksonville, NC

Awesome news brother! Like locitus - I am in no hurry. I won't get home until at least next July....

From
    Stockholm, Sweden

Any updates on this?

High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    From
    USAF Utah

Really wish I could justify spending on this...is it possible to get just a D bracket? I have a resin webly already, and have put ALOT of work into it. But Id LOVE to have a metal D bracket for it to strengthen it up. Please let me know if this is possible...I dont see why not. Thanks in advance for any info.

From
    Northeast U.S.A

Fett 4 Real said: View Post
    Really wish I could justify spending on this...is it possible to get just a D bracket? I have a resin webly already, and have put ALOT of work into it. But Id LOVE to have a metal D bracket for it to strengthen it up. Please let me know if this is possible...I dont see why not. Thanks in advance for any info.
    The D bracket, grip and hammer/ trigger assembly were all one piece... I could see some one screwing/ gluing the barrel on... oh, and you'd also have to glue this "u" shaped part (don't know what its called) on the back. It buts up against the barrel and over the trigger.

This could be a nice option if were made available!

From
    USAF Utah

I think your talking about things with the wrong names... the D bracket does have half of the grip but the hammer nor is the trigger part of the D bracket. On the real parts theyre not 1 piece look at storm riders pics of his parts....http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f31/i...sidearm-42562/

From
    Stockholm, Sweden

Judging by the picture in post #33 http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f31/i...92/#post583025 it looks like the D-bracket will not be a separate piece either way.

From
    USAF Utah

OOOOOHHHHH i see what you mean now....See thats combing a few pieces into 1 which Id be interested non the less in the piece...Not sude if Mr Han Schwab would sell just that piece or not but Id be interested in that or JUST the D Bracket itself...if possible.

From
    Northeast U.S.A

OOOOOHHHHH i see what you mean now....See thats combing a few pieces into 1 which Id be interested non the less in the piece...Not sude if Mr Han Schwab would sell just that piece or not but Id be interested in that or JUST the D Bracket itself...if possible.
    That's what I meant (I didn't clarify) ... I know the real D bracket is a separate piece. The HS blaster has the D bracket, grip and trigger/ guard cast into one piece. I wish I took a picture before I began working on the one I had... Still, its very possible to mount a resin barrel and the part that rests over the hammer to a bronze HS bracket/ grip/ trigger.

HS would't have to make a new mold. It would probably still cost alot but since there is no one making these at the moment it could be an option for that delicate part.

From
    Darwin River Northern Territory

HS can payments be done, as my money is going to quick to get my gear, and payments would be easier, as i only get paid fortnightly because i work with gov,I dont mind waitng for such a quality item.
    cheers
    rob

Hey all, Well, to answer a few questions, yes, yes and yes... Let's see - the bracket could be cast seperately. I would cast a full wax and just cut the wax bracket from the rest. This can be done for a grip as well. The only problem with that is it is not cast like a real one and some fitting or adjusting would be neccessary. The back (or inside) is not perfect or a stamped piece. You do not see it though.

Payments? - I'm flexible. As far as waiting for these, that is not a problem because these just take a long time to make. Driving to the foundry when I'm not working, the foundry itself taking along time and finihsing are all time consuming things. HAveing a job gets in the way as well. SO in short, if you want one of these or a part of one, it will take a long time.
    PM and we'll talk about fair price for parts.

if you can offer the bracket and grip, id be interested in those pieces as well, to make it more worth your while to make separate piece molds

I will cast a new wax and cut out the appropriate parts so all can see what they will have to deal with. I do not own the donnor Webly so for now I can only work with the molds I have.
    All PMs answered!

From
    Jacksonville, NC

stormtrooperguy said: View Post
    here is mine before i cut it up:

and then after i sawed the barrel off for my elvistrooper rotj one:

this is one of my favorite props, and definitely the next best thing to a real one! in some ways better, since the fixed trigger really drives home the "this is not really a weapon" point!

the gun opens up in a way very convenient for adding lights to:

OK guys - I am not sure how many of you that ordered are ROTJ and ESB. However, I have been in contact with Ken (elvistrooper) and asked him about the aluminum barrel that stormtrooperguy showed in the pictures in his post. I would like to get one, but he won't do a run unless we get people interested in it. I am waiting on a response for an estimate on price and how many people he would need. However, if you would like to see more photos of the project, check out this link: Home of the Elvis Trooper . If any of you might be interested, please PM me and let me know. I understand that many of you may be "Interested pending price," however, as I REALLY want to see a run of these happen, if I can convince him to make these kits, and we get enough interest in it, I would be willing to help anyone interested with payment.

If enough interest is generated, I will start a separate thread for tracking it. Thanks guys!

Steve

From
    Northern California

I too have one of Brian's original run Webleys- it's still awesome as ever, but should some mounting brackets, etc. be made, I'd be interested in them!

From
    Jacksonville, NC

PP sent for Fett 4 Reals order. As we had discussed, I will be paying for his, and having him paint my helmet in return.

got it! I'll be casting waxes this week again. I'll also do a seperate bracket as was requested earlier. I have a large party this weekend so I wont be doing any prop stuff until earliest Sunday afternoon.

Okay - so here are a few pictures of a cut casting. This was a handle section that did not cast well so please ignore the bubbles and bad spots as this will not be used (they are not finihsed as nicely as future castings would be). What I do want to show is that the back of the casting looks like slushed wax... because it is.

I'm more than happy to cut these sections and have them cast. I can high buff the grip section to be a nice gold too. The screw and ball to hold the parts to the frame would need to be made though. It the grip were to go on a resin gun then epxy would work fine and to attach the bracket a simple screw would do the trick. Either way the castings would include the 'decorative' hardware.

Oddly enough it still takes some time to cast the parts as well as cut them from the frame. This is one of the heaviest pieces of the gun so it will take about a pound or 2 of bronze. I'm a bit reluctant to give a price but if it were in the $150 range would that work?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails imag0671-jpg   imag0670-jpg   imag0669-jpg  

imag0668-jpg  

From
    USAF Utah

Wow, now I do really WANT that right there...gonna have to save up my pennies. I think $150 tops would be doable...for my trooping blaster its pretty much a must have. If thats the price because of the metal to be used so be it. I fully understand the price of metal. Come up with a price, and timeframe you need the $$ and Im in for that...the flashing is unseen you could cast it like that and Id be happy the strength of the bracket is the reason I want it. I think anyone with a plastic blaster with wood stock is gonna want this REALLY BAD.

FOUNDRY UPDATE

Well, wish I could say that they were nearly ready... but they are not. But they are in full produciton. The foundry is quite dissapointing to me at how slow they are. I feel like if I don't visit them and bug them they just sit on the stuff. But fear not, two Webleys are already in the metal and finishing stage while 4 are ready to be poured in metal while one is still kind of lagging in the wax department. I will be returning next Wednesday to pic up another project so I hopefully my continued presence there will get things on the faster track. Here are a few pictures to hopefully brighten your day. Oh - it should be added that I think these Webleys will be the best of the best. A bit of extra time is being taken to do the finishing and the stocks are looking beautiful!

imag0674-jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Oh - and the extra grip is something I forgot I had poured... Anybody need an extra grip? I can cast the brackets too as previously stated too. Grip in high buff will be $40 shipped.

Wow, now I do really WANT that right there...gonna have to save up my pennies. I think $150 tops would be doable...for my trooping blaster its pretty much a must have. If thats the price because of the metal to be used so be it. I fully understand the price of metal. Come up with a price, and timeframe you need the $$ and Im in for that...the flashing is unseen you could cast it like that and Id be happy the strength of the bracket is the reason I want it. I think anyone with a plastic blaster with wood stock is gonna want this REALLY BAD.
    $150 would be tops. I'm thinking more around $125 and that's shipped. I just have to see how heavy the solid bracket is so I might as well cast one to find out. I'll bring the wax there next Wednesday when I check progress on the rest of the stuff.

From
    USAF Utah

PP ready to go, but I'll be moving in 3 weeks so no rush really

From
    Stockholm, Sweden

Great update HS, thanks!

Quick update on the stocks:

Awesome work being done on the stocks by another board member. They will be walnut and stained. They will be fitted best when I get the metal parts but for now I am quiet pleased with the results!cid_ii_13a7acf7b409a67a-pngcid_ii_13a7acf248d48625-png

- - - Updated - - -

Gun parts ready for metal pour
    img_0085-jpgimg_0084-jpg

- - - Updated - - -

PP ready to go, but I'll be moving in 3 weeks so no rush really
    I brought the bracket wax to the foundry so it should be ready when you get settled in the new place