Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast

lists closed - for now. (interest in the Hand-Schaub bronze Webley)

lists closed - for now. (interest in the Hand-Schaub bronze Webley)

Hello old and new members! It has been a while for this old timer but the foundry days are back for me. Although I dont officially work at a foundry I do deal with one and I can still grind the metal with the best of them. I am currently in a run of bronze Indy fertility idols which are coming out great! One item I always had a good time with is metal Webleys.

Yup, for those that don't know, I made a very realistic non-firing Webley. It was made in sevral parts (handle/reciever, ejector/ u-channel thing, barrel and stock). They were nearly identical to weight to a real Webley and functioned as such (trigger was solid though).

I am inclined to start a run of these now that I have a foundry that does decent work at a fair speed. As of now I do not have any pictures of these but if any old members/ customers wish to chime in then that would be appreciated.

Times have changed and the metal/labor prices have increased. I no longer have a wood worker so a stock needs to still be sourced. With that being said I do have a better way of treating the metal for a richer "black".

Interest is being generated as of now for a run of say 10 or so. With the amount of finish work required on these the price will be $550 plus shipping to wherever you are. A non refundable deposit of $200 will be required to hold your place and get the project started. The rifles will be "functional" as far as the barel opening and locking in place.

time line for this project is not short but within this year. With enough interest I can cast waxes and have them to the foundry, back and finished in several months.

This is the CLOSEST I have seen to the real deal...period. Please ask questions on this thread or e-mail to
    schaub-art@hotmail.com
    gunss-jpg
    Here is an OLD picture that I found which shows samples:

Webley run list (may include RPF memebers)
    1.squirk - deposit SHIPPED
    2.ManDalor - SHIPPED
    3.Stevenlramga - paid - SHIPPED
    4.Stevenlramga (Fettforreal) - paid - SHIPPED
    5. locitus -paid - SHIPPED
    6. Perfect 42 - SHIPPED 3/12
    7. Fett twin - SHIPPED 3/13
    8. Cizen - SHIPPED
    9. tsophika - SHIPPED

next batch:
    1. ME!
    2. Buckaroo trooper - deposit paid - almost done!

extra stuff:
    magoo - grip - SHIPPED
    Last edited by Hand-Schaub; Jul 21, 2013 at 12:38 PM.

From
    bozeman, mt go cats!!!

Re: interest in the Hand-Schaub bronze Webley

you tease!

No I don't tease. I'm ready to do these again. Molds are in good shape and the foundry is ready to do the work. This great piece comes at a premium but affordable price for those who know what this is.

From
    Stockholm, Sweden

Yeah, I'd be interested in that.
    What other parts would be included? Just the webley, or scope rings to?

From
    Northeast U.S.A

I used to own one of these... these are amazing works of art I believe. I think this is the closest you can come to the real thing.

This is what I recieved from a member when I first bought it:

With many vintage parts (scope, scope rings, Heiland flashtube, aerial plugs, molex connectors) I transformed it into this:

Ugh...i would LOVE to have one of these. Dont think that kinda cash is in the cards though. However, i'll see what i can do...if i get a couple of final commissions this year, i may be able to swing it....i'll post again if i can make it work.

You wouldnt wanna trade a jetpack paintjob for one would ya? lol

High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    From
    USAF Utah

Same here, Im about to be moving across the country and WISH i could afford to not eat or something

From
    Orlando, Florida, United States

definitely interested. When you say within the year you are talking 2012 correct?

From
    Germany

As mentioned on the RPF - "NOW" is not the best moment for me, but in a few months .......

Itīs all depending on your timeline.

Well... that's why it's an interst list. I really thought I would not do these again but schedules are allowing me to take on extra projects.

I think what I'll do is just straight up offer these as a continuous run for a few months or as long as my schedule allows me the extra time. So if you need time to scrape a deposit then this should allow it. However I do say this with the possibility that by next year I may not have the time anymore.

I will entertain partial trades (I would require the deposit at very least simply to give the foundry a deposit)

[COLOR="silver"]- - - Updated - - -[/COLOR]

Darth Voorhees said: View Post
    Ugh...i would LOVE to have one of these. Dont think that kinda cash is in the cards though. However, i'll see what i can do...if i get a couple of final commissions this year, i may be able to swing it....i'll post again if i can make it work.

You wouldnt wanna trade a jetpack paintjob for one would ya? lol
    I do need Fett parts including the Jett pack. If the trade is right then would consider it.

jmorrone said: View Post
    definitely interested. When you say within the year you are talking 2012 correct?
    YES.

Lichtbringer said: View Post
    As mentioned on the RPF - "NOW" is not the best moment for me, but in a few months .......

Itīs all depending on your timeline.
    My timeline is the next year. I am a school teacher working on a reduced contract so my days are a bit less hectic allowing me to have some extra time (and need for supplimental inclome)

From
    Germany

Well then ..... i think it would be no bad idea to ask you to put me on the interest list.

As i assume thatīs still some time until you will start, and beeing this a "temporal continuous" (sounds somehow trekkie ), it should be doable to get it done.

Trades ...... hmmm, something like this (the one in front)

will probably not work, due to the deposit - as itīs more in the 500-600$ range.

Maybe something like this?

Tempting... but right ow the water company is not accepting blasters as payment Actually I am looking for Fett items. I have the bulk of items but specifically I am looking for:
    1. someone to sew the vest and suit with materials I have.
    2.I'm also in need of a good Jetpack and all the nifty greeblies.
    3.ESB guantlets I have decent vac shells but I need the greeblies

From
    Germany

Too bad.

I canīt sew to save my live, have no jet-pack, and without having the plans/measurements for the gauntlet greeblies i canīt use my lathe and mill to make them for you.

Seems i need to collect the money the old way. (But iīm glad you are not interested in the scope, as itīs even closer in itīs detail to the one on Solos ANH DL-44 as the middle one, which i have on my MGC. I planned to keep this for a real C96 build one day. Would have been hard to part with it. )

interested, pmed about possible trades.

Hand-Schaub said: View Post

I do need Fett parts including the Jett pack. If the trade is right then would consider it.
    I dont make the actual jetpack (yet hehe) but i do the assembly/paint ups. ROTJ is $525, ESB is $375, just to give ya an idea. You can get the jetpack from Man of War and the greeblies from Dark-side and Mojo-fett ...assuming you end up buying them rather than trading for them.

here is mine before i cut it up:

and then after i sawed the barrel off for my elvistrooper rotj one:

this is one of my favorite props, and definitely the next best thing to a real one! in some ways better, since the fixed trigger really drives home the "this is not really a weapon" point!

the gun opens up in a way very convenient for adding lights to:

interest in the Hand-Schaub bronze Webley

Folks, I have one of these bronze EE3s and the craftsmanship is second to none. The weight is realistic, and not far off from my Hyperfirm one. I did not know that I could open the breech on my Hand-Schaub bronze EE3. How do I do this? I would like to add lights and sound.
    Quote Quote Posted from iOS app

Would you also consider offering one with a pre-chopped barrel for easy conversion to ROTJ?
    Also, the community could really use accurate scope mounting brackets cast from bronze or aluminum. That seems to be the weak point on the three quality EE3s that I own (Hand-Schaub, Hyperfirm, and Stormrider).
    Last edited by Bothan; Aug 9, 2012 at 2:21 PM.

From
    Orlando, Florida, United States

Pre-choped barrel would be great. I am going ROTJ too.

If pre-choped is what you guys want the that is what you cn get! It's basically the excact same thing just I would cut the wax saving a bit of bronze. mechanics etc. would be the same.

Mounting rings would be fine but have we nailed down the most accurate version of this? I would need some help either making one or having someone supply something that I could use. I made one but I basically fabricated it from the ground up. I think Hyperfirm used it to base thier design off of. Can someone post a picture of thier "accurate" ring setup?

Guys, this is a great opportunity. I am out of town and do I cannot send pics. Could Stormrider weigh in? The ones on my complete Hand-Schaub bronze EE3 look the most accurate from movie stills, but they are also the most delicate and are resin. I'll try to figure out who made them and see if we can get their agreement to make an aluminum or bronze variant through our friend H-S. otherwise...I'm up to collaborate on a totally new set based solely from the few canon blurry photos we have.

From
    Germany

Definatly NOT interested in a chopped up version.

Btw. the scopeblocks can easily be machined from a piece of alu, just decide and cut the wanted size and then use a dovetail endmill for the grooves. Itīs much faster and cheaper to mill them in bulks, than to make a master and cast them.

I made mine a little bit higher due to using a different version of the webley deac flaregun (later model), but other than that itīs the same work.
    Last edited by Lichtbringer; Aug 10, 2012 at 6:09 AM.

From
    Stockholm, Sweden

For the ESB barrel rings, I think Stormrider has the most accurate ones. Maybe he would give permission to cast his in bronze? I would not mind paying a percentage extra for his cut.

From
    Northeast U.S.A

I think you bought the Hand-Shaub I used to own a few months ago... those are real vintage metal rings on that. I just painted and weathered them to match the blaster.

Bothan said: View Post
    Guys, this is a great opportunity. I am out of town and do I cannot send pics. Could Stormrider weigh in? The ones on my complete Hand-Schaub bronze EE3 look the most accurate from movie stills, but they are also the most delicate and are resin. I'll try to figure out who made them and see if we can get their agreement to make an aluminum or bronze variant through our friend H-S. otherwise...I'm up to collaborate on a totally new set based solely from the few canon blurry photos we have.

Interested, but does anyone have any experience with one of these shipping to the uk?

Craig