Page 2 of 69 FirstFirst 12345671252 ... LastLast

*KARMA Thread* 1 Resin ASI Scope and Wookie Braids

Re: KARMA, ROTJ Fett side pouches

yup, that's the point. I am not saying anyone is out there to screw anyone out, but there are some who think, yah, this pez dispenser rules !

Hell, lets try it out !

Seems like a good idea. I just don't see a need for the whole drawing part of it. There should be a Trade area as a counter part to the Cargo Hold. You have something to trade, post it along with a $$ value and what you're looking for. Interested members can either post or PM with offers. You pick the trade you want, and then work out the shipping privately.

I just don't see the need of waiting for my name to be drawn out of a hat to see my trade happen. It doesn't seem quite right that I could offer up a set of gauntlets worth $250, and end up with something I don't need or even want.

As for the overseas shipping issue, USPS does have very reasonable shipping. The only drawback is that it is VERY SLOW. Like six to eight weeks slow!

My 2 cents

From
    Corpus Christi, TEXAS

[FONT=Times New Roman]Sorry for my late response and drawing. I was teaching some college kids how to party this week end at the river. Im still a little hung over.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman]I will say that you guys are thinking way too much into this. I entire game is base on the honor system and the fact that you want to do something nice of a complete stranger. Lets not make this more difficult then it really is. [/FONT]

Fleshbeany said: View Post
    Hmmm if only those were ESB pouches... guess i gotta wait for ESB stuff.

Two questions:

1. How do we make sure the winner is truly chosen at random?

2. Should we ask people to state their item before they go on the list?

[FONT=Times New Roman]Winners are chosen on the honor system, if I wanted someone to have item id just give it to them. There is no need of a committee to draw the name. Here’s how I did it, I asked my gal to pick a number, simple solution.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman]No, or yes. It's up to you. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman]Shipping, do it how ever you want to do it. As for me, shipping in the U.S. ill pay for. Out side they can pay for it.[/FONT][/FONT]

azheat01 said: View Post
    On the contrary, this is a friendly gift pass, why exclude someone just becasue they don't NEED something. And who would determine what someone "needs". After all, this is about networking with other members and doing something fun for everyone. Shouldn't all members be entitled to particpate regardless of need?
    [FONT=Times New Roman]Well if you already have such item then why do you need to have another one? Once again, idea is helping someone else[/FONT]

I also think that there should be no limit on the number of entrants. Rather, it should be based solely on who responds no later than, say, 3 days after the post is submitted.
    [FONT=Times New Roman]Yeah I did that one time and I had 50 people put their names in. I was not a big fan of keeping up with the thread, having to check it all the time to see if I missed some ones name. Hints why I give a limit on the number of people. But if you want to run it like that then go ahead.[/FONT]

We should keep is simple. If you don't like it, you don't have to participate.
    Yes, Thank you!

Got Maul said: View Post
    What an interesting idea. The only question I have is, how do you prevent depreciating value ? In other words, if you go pouch, then next person goes spat, the next person goes fett pez dispenser...what is the impetus for the next person to put up something of equal value ? Even if you do put something up as a high ticket item, at some point, someone really is going to put up a Pez dispenser.

How did your other board control for that ?
    [FONT=Verdana]They don’t, main reason is because truck parts are not cheep and what ever you get and give up will cost some bank. If you give up you entire Fett collection and the next guy gives up a pair of boots then that’s the deal. No controls just let it be known if you get an item that’s worth some money then you should do the same in return. But if someone puts up a bucket and the next guy puts up a pair of pouches then that’s the deal.[/FONT]
    Who wants to be known as the guy that got the FP bucket and is now offering a Pez? Not I.

BOBA PHAT said: View Post
    Seems like a good idea. I just don't see a need for the whole drawing part of it. There should be a Trade area as a counter part to the Cargo Hold. You have something to trade, post it along with a $$ value and what you're looking for. Interested members can either post or PM with offers. You pick the trade you want, and then work out the shipping privately.

I just don't see the need of waiting for my name to be drawn out of a hat to see my trade happen. It doesn't seem quite right that I could offer up a set of gauntlets worth $250, and end up with something I don't need or even want.

As for the overseas shipping issue, USPS does have very reasonable shipping. The only drawback is that it is VERY SLOW. Like six to eight weeks slow!

My 2 cents
    [FONT=Times New Roman]OK first I don’t think you understand the concept of the game, im not trading any thing here. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman]Read the front page “[/FONT][FONT=Verdana]THE CARGO HOLD[/COLOR] [/FONT][FONT=Verdana](4 Viewing)[/FONT][FONT=Verdana]Have a Star Wars item for sale or trade? Looking for a particular item? Check out this forum." It's right there, Put your stuff on the CH if you want to trade something.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman]I could have sold my stuff and made a few extra needed bucks, I could have traded it for something. But I didn’t, im giving it away. Trust me I need the money, im unemployed, I got laid off 5 months ago on my birthday, and im going to have to move 1600 miles if I get this next job. So I sure could use the money, but insted I thought id do some thing worth wild. [/FONT]

From
    Corpus Christi, TEXAS

And the winner is

azheart01

Congrats bro, send me your info and ill try to get it out in the morn.

shortimer52 said: View Post
    And the winner is

azheart01

Congrats bro, send me your info and ill try to get it out in the morn.
    cool beans, I guess I'm next on the list. If that's the case I'm going to throw a pair of TK409 ESB gloves up for grabs. Will shortimer handle the next drawing?

From
    Arizona

Since I was the winner, I am going to handle the next drawing and I will post the pictures in a few hours, if not tomorrow.

I will be offering the following:

1. Set of chest armor (front, left, ab, diamond). This is made out of sintra or plastic I think. Forgive me, I am not sure. It is not flimsy garabge, but it is not high end either. Got it from someone a while back.

2. COD piece, also sintra or plastic.

3. Lower back piece (this and the cod piece acutally came together when I bought these some time ago).

4. Replica webley barrel, pretty sure this is resin. I am not the maker of this, I bought it from someone a while ago. I think it came from ebay. I decided not to you use it because I went with a piece of PVC instead.

5. I also have some leffover waterslide decals I bought from WizardofFlight for the jet pack. If Wizard has no objections, I would like to include those as well. I did not need to use them all.

I will run this drawing basically the same as shortimer, email me if you want to be on the list. I will not put a limit on entrants and will keep the list open until Thursday at midnight.

Pictures to follow.

From
    Arizona

Sorry citizen, I just read your post, I did not mean to jump over you. I thought the winner was supposed to post the next item. I guess we can do two together.

Since I was the winner, I am going to handle the next drawing and I will post the pictures in a few hours, if not tomorrow.

I will be offering the following:

1. Set of chest armor (front, left, ab, diamond). This is made out of sintra or plastic I think. Forgive me, I am not sure. It is not flimsy garabge, but it is not high end either. Got it from someone a while back.

2. COD piece, also sintra or plastic.

3. Lower back piece (this and the cod piece acutally came together when I bought these some time ago).

4. Replica webley barrel, pretty sure this is resin. I am not the maker of this, I bought it from someone a while ago. I think it came from ebay. I decided not to you use it because I went with a piece of PVC instead.

5. I also have some leffover waterslide decals I bought from WizardofFlight for the jet pack. If Wizard has no objections, I would like to include those as well. I did not need to use them all.

I will run this drawing basically the same as shortimer, email me if you want to be on the list. I will not put a limit on entrants and will keep the list open until Thursday at midnight.

Pictures to follow.
    Put me on the list please.

Email Sent

I helped at SDCC '08 MandalorFett's Avatar
    From
    California USA

Re: *KARMA* Armor, webley, decals up for grabs-see post #31

Email sent.

From
    Plymouth Meeting, PA, 19462

PM sent.

From
    Arizona

OK, here are the pictures. Sorry for the delay. I used these pieces to test various different paint styles, colors, and techniques, so the lucky winner will most likely need to do a good sanding and re-paint. There is nothing wrong with the actual pieces, they just need some re-working. I also tried to include a close-up of the armor thickness.

After checking the lower back piece and COD, I noticed they are not the same quality as the chest armor. They are pretty flimsy, probably made out of For Sale signs. The winner may want to reinforce those pieces. FYI

Here is what you get:

-Chest Armor
    -Collar Piece
    -COD Piece
    -Lower Back Piece
    -Replica Resin Webley Barrel
    -Leftover WOF Jet Pack Decals (No picture, sorry)

If you want to be on the list, email or PM me. Lets get as many people as possible involved in this!

List closes Thursday at midnight.

Good luck!

THE LIST:

1. Citizen_Snips
    2. Lucksy31
    3. BrianTheSith
    4. MandalorFett
    5. Fett Seven
    Last edited by azheat01; Jun 26, 2007 at 12:20 AM.

From
    Arizona

Just like shorttimer said, you don't have to offer up only costume parts. If you have a Boba/Jango/Zam action figure, artwork, lunchbox, thermos, poster, keychain, ballcap, etc, that may be what someone wants/needs. Heck, I'd be interested in the Boba Pez dispenser!

Also remember, things like sculpting tools, materials, supplies, etc, may also be something another member really wants.
    Last edited by Star Wars Chick; Jun 26, 2007 at 1:36 PM.

I helped at SDCC '08 Fett Seven's Avatar
    From
    Temecula, CA

PM sent

From
    Arizona

Your on Fett Seven, thanks for participating.

From
    Arizona

Sorry guys, my pictures are not showing temporarily. I am working on the problem.

Sorry citizen, I just read your post, I did not mean to jump over you. I thought the winner was supposed to post the next item. I guess we can do two together.
    Hey it's cool man, no worries

From
    Kansas

so is this limited to jango, boba, zam stuff or is it all star wars or other movie props?

From
    Corpus Christi, TEXAS

Guess you would have to ask whom ever is running the Karma at the time.

From
    Arizona

I say offer whatever you have, as long as it is Star Wars or prop/costume building related. If people are interested, they'll play.

From
    Vancouver, wa

very cool idea guys

I helped at SDCC '08 The Clayster's Avatar
    From
    Laughlin, NV

This sounds cool, I will be interested when the time arises

From
    Arizona

CONGRATS to BrianTheSith!!!!!

He is the lucky winner.

Let's keep this going!

WOW! I'm shocked, suprised, and very very happy! I told my wife that I won, and she responded with "You already have armor!" This is very true, and now it means I can share some with a buddy of mine just starting into the costuming world. Thanks azheat01!

Now, for submission to the pool, I've got half of a US tent shelter half. In short, this is enough material to make an ROTJ cape. This is just the material from the tent, some work will be required to get this baby screen accurate, but it can be done. Check out the tutorial on Brak's site for more information how.

Please PM me if you want to be in the pool! I'm taking entries until July 6th at midnight! This will allow those that end up going away for the holiday a little extra time to get in on it, if they like. The winner will be announced on the 7th.

Good Luck! and thanks.

The List:
    1. Terminal Fettler
    2. Citizen_Snips
    3. The_Kamikaze
    4. Skirata
    5. mdoug18217
    etc...
    Last edited by BrianTheSith; Jul 6, 2007 at 10:25 AM.

Re: *KARMA* US Tent shelter half for ROTJ cape- see post #49

List updated. Keep 'em coming!