Page 1 of 69 1234561151 ... LastLast

*KARMA Thread* 1 Resin ASI Scope and Wookie Braids

From
    Corpus Christi, TEXAS

*KARMA Thread* 1 Resin ASI Scope and Wookie Braids

Id like to introduce this game to TDH, we play it on another message board for Nissan Titans, and the stakes are much higher trading truck parts. It’s called KARMA, here’s how it’s played.

I offer up something Fett related; in this case a set of side pouches from SFP that ive had laying around for about a year. First 20 people that respond to this thread (or 3 days, what ever one is sooner) gets their name in the hat; after that ill pull a name from there and they will be the winner. Now only respond to this if you have something else to offer up. That’s part of the game, you get something for free then you offer up something Fett related for free to the TDH community, and it keeps going on from there. SO if you respond have something in mind, and not like something lame.

Now on that Nissan Titan board this has had great success for a long time. Some parts are being offered run around $200 on down. But the game over there has brought the community closer together, and has earned the trust and friendships of others. So I was wondering if the same can be had here.

Like I said the moral of the game is to offer up something to someone that needs it and return the favor to others. I’m sure this will be meet with speculation at first but give it a chance. Mods I didn’t see anything about something like this in the COC, so if im out of line take me out back and smack me around. And this is my 2,000 post.WOW.

So who’s the first 20?

1. Citizen_Snips
    2. Mandalor Fett
    3. azheart01
    4. old timer

Well thats a 50 50 chance

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Let’s change up the rules a little. It’s been almost 5 years, time for a change.

Instead of just Fett parts or whatever let’s make it any Star Wars item trade for a trade. But it has to be Star Wars related whether that’s costume parts for toys or toys for posters or posters for VHS taps.
    Last edited by shortimer52; Mar 30, 2012 at 9:24 AM.

Re: KARMA, ROTJ Fett side pouches

That sounds like a neat idea, I have a couple of fett parts I'm willing to part with. Add me to the Karma pool

I helped at SDCC '08 MandalorFett's Avatar
    From
    California USA

I'd like to be in the group since I lost a side pouch at C4.

From
    Corpus Christi, TEXAS

MandalorFett said: View Post
    I'd like to be in the group since I lost a side pouch at C4.

And your in Cal? Might need to talk to you later on because I think im still moving there in July.

From
    California USA

shortimer52 said: View Post
    And your in Cal? Might need to talk to you later on because I think im still moving there in July.
    Anytime, just let me know.

From
    Arizona

Add me to the list, sounds great. The only thing I am missing right now are side pouches, how appropriate! I have some things to offer.

Thanks.

From
    Fl.

Add me to the karma list
    I think its a really great idea. But if I win pass it along to the next guy. I have some great pouches already, I too have some extra parts and am just looking to encurage your idea.

From
    Kingman, Arizona, United States, 107964532558835, Kingman, Arizona

I don't see anything wrong with this so long as folks keep it honest and don't throw in their name if they don't have anything to offer and so long as they follow through with then giving their item away. I think this is an interesting idea- pay it forward.

From
    Corpus Christi, TEXAS

Mirax H said: View Post
    I don't see anything wrong with this so long as folks keep it honest and don't throw in their name if they don't have anything to offer and so long as they follow through with then giving their item away.

[FONT=Times New Roman]Exactly that’s the idea, and it dose not just have to be costume parts, not everyone has extra armor laying around. Toys and such would be acceptable just as long as they pertained to the bounty hunters that TDH supports. [/FONT]

From
    California USA

Good post Mirax. Just to keep it on the "up and up," I have a resin, painted left gauntlet missile to offer up if I happen to be drawn for the pouches.

From

I think I will make this a sticky thread so it doesn't fall off the board. I'd also like to make an official thread title and then we can just change the name of the item that is up for grabs...any ideas?

From
    California USA

Sounds great, but so far there hasn't been much interest as seen by the low # of posts. If it takes off, I think the idea is first rate.

Mirax H said: View Post
    I think I will make this a sticky thread so it doesn't fall off the board. I'd also like to make an official thread title and then we can just change the name of the item that is up for grabs...any ideas?

How about the "My name is Boba" thread.

From
    Corpus Christi, TEXAS

MandalorFett said: View Post
    Sounds great, but so far there hasn't been much interest as seen by the low # of posts. If it takes off, I think the idea is first rate.

On the other board I got the idea from it took a little while to take off. But once it got going there is something up every 2 weeks or so now. But I am surprised and even a little disappointed in the participation. I figure free stuff and all you have to do is the same in return would be a little more popular. But it's new so give it some time.

From
    Pottsville PA

I would offer up, but cannot in good conscience do so, I don't have anything worthy to offer up at this time. I think this is a fantastic idea, I hope you aren't discouraged. Don't feel disappointed because 100% of the active members aren't jumping on this one. Maybe more will get involved after the first successful round. Top notch idea. I will make an effort to have something to offer before this round ends or at the start of the next.

-x

From
    Arizona

Shortimer,

I have to offer a Webley replica resin barrel, and an extra set of chest armor, cod piece, and lower back piece. Nothing fancy, made out of sintra, I don't need them anymore. Besides, they may come in handy for someone else. I will offer up all of these in one grab. If I win, I will post pictures. Additionally, If I dont win, I would be interested in what the winner had to offer for the next drawing, I may also be interested in that drawing.

Thanks, I think this is a great idea.

From
    Corpus Christi, TEXAS

azheat01 said: View Post
    Shortimer,

I have to offer a Webley replica resin barrel, and an extra set of chest armor, cod piece, and lower back piece. Nothing fancy, made out of sintra, I don't need them anymore. Besides, they may come in handy for someone else. I will offer up all of these in one grab. If I win, I will post pictures. Additionally, If I dont win, I would be interested in what the winner had to offer for the next drawing, I may also be interested in that drawing.
    Heck I might have to enter that one if you win.lol

Hmmm if only those were ESB pouches... guess i gotta wait for ESB stuff.

Two questions:

1. How do we make sure the winner is truly chosen at random?

2. Should we ask people to state their item before they go on the list?

From
    Arizona

Hmmmmmm, good questions. It could go either way. I think maybe you should state the item you are posting. It would be nice to see people in the drawing who are looking for something they genuinely need, rather than something they can get for free and put on eBay a few days later.

On the contrary, this is a friendly gift pass, why exclude someone just becasue they don't NEED something. And who would determine what someone "needs". After all, this is about networking with other members and doing something fun for everyone. Shouldn't all members be entitled to particpate regardless of need?

I'm not sure. I think maybe you should post the item you are offering. If not, every drawing has the potential to get out of hand. If people know what the item is, it may help keep the lists under control.

As for picking a winner, for something like this it has to be an honor system. I don't think we need to establish a policy of having a third party to monitor the drawing. If you are offering up one of YOUR items for FREE, we should expect you to be fair and impartial. I think to make this work it needs to be as simple as possible.

I think it should be made clear that if you are intersted in an item, do not PM the person offering it to try and bargain. It is simple, if you are interested, post your name, and the person running the drawing will put you on the list.

I also think that there should be no limit on the number of entrants. Rather, it should be based solely on who responds no later than, say, 3 days after the post is submitted.

Just my thoughts, what do you guys think?

From
    Arizona

Also, the issue of shipping arises. If I offer my item and I draw somone from overseas, would it be unacceptable to ask for assistance with shipping, or should that be part of the drawers responsibilty.

The only reason I ask is becasue I have seen people from all over the world here, and shipping an item could get costly.

Should that just be the responsibilty of the person offering the item. For example, if I am worried someone from Australia may win, should I offer something small enough I know it would not break the bank to ship it?

From
    Arizona

Sorry for the multiple posts. I should have just put it this way the first time?

I think:

1) Post what your item is.

2) The drawing should be an honor system.

3) The person offering the item pays for shipping.

We should keep is simple. If you don't like it, you don't have to participate.

From

Not sure on the shipping part because of what you bring up, overseas- that can get quite expensive but we don't want to exclude anyone. I think shipping should be the responsibility of the winner. But they should only be charged actual shipping costs, not shipping/handling/packing, blah blah.

What an interesting idea. The only question I have is, how do you prevent depreciating value ? In other words, if you go pouch, then next person goes spat, the next person goes fett pez dispenser...what is the impetus for the next person to put up something of equal value ? Even if you do put something up as a high ticket item, at some point, someone really is going to put up a Pez dispenser.

How did your other board control for that ?

From
    Pottsville PA

Got Maul said: View Post
    What an interesting idea. The only question I have is, how do you prevent depreciating value ? In other words, if you go pouch, then next person goes spat, the next person goes fett pez dispenser...what is the impetus for the next person to put up something of equal value ? Even if you do put something up as a high ticket item, at some point, someone really is going to put up a Pez dispenser.

How did your other board control for that ?
    Good will, trust, reputation, a sense of community and the honor system I would assume, since that seems the intent of the whole event.

-x

From
    California USA

eighteendelta said: View Post
    Good will, trust, reputation, a sense of community and the honor system I would assume, since that seems the intent of the whole event.

-x
    I trust TDH members, besides, I don't think anyone would want their name smeared because they pulled a fast one. We're a pretty tight knit community so everyone would know about it.

Another thought is, to some a Fett Pez dispenser could very well be worth as much as spatz to them. They have different values to different people. I work with some people that don't think our Fett costumes are worth anything (they will be fired shortly though ).

It's all about the honesty and integrity.