Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

IOA ROTJ Fett Armor kits Version 2 - Now available

From
    Albuquerque

Re: IOA ROTJ Fett Armor kits Version 2 - Now available

First post updated with THIS -

UPDATE - ESB shoulders are now available with these kits. You will now be able to have your choice of a full ESB or ROTJ kit in either black or white. Shoulders will be priced the same for either kit and will not affect the price on either. Here's the pics:

From
    Denver, CO

Will....... Looks great....... and thank you.......

From
    Albuquerque

CaptainSolo said: View Post
    Will....... Looks great....... and thank you.......
    Thank you so much Robert
    Your ESB shoulders and diamond is in the mail (heck you might already even have them by now)

I helped at SDCC '08 GCNgamer128's Avatar
    From
    Las Vegas, Nevada USA

Really awesome stuff! I remember we chatted for a bit at Phoenix Comic Con

From
    Albuquerque

GCNgamer128 said: View Post
    Really awesome stuff! I remember we chatted for a bit at Phoenix Comic Con
    Thanks bro!! Yes I remember You picked up a set of gaunts from me as well if my memory serves me correct

The armor you sent me looks great painted! I did have to do a little modifying with a heat gun to fit snug against my tiny frame, though.

Don't mind the terribly self-crafted and taped-on chest bits in the photo. I'll probably buy a new set from you eventually.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails img_1198-jpg  
    Last edited by Buffbeefbroth; Sep 16, 2011 at 8:48 AM.

A great price on your armor! I've heard your name mentioned before but had never looked at this post. Right now I'm currently building my armor out of plastic from trash cans with my limited funds and also rushing my costume a bit for this Halloween this year but as I progress with upgrades for more a more accurate looking Fett and I get my money saved up I'll be contacting you. All the pieces look amazing. Everything looks really good and the prices are very affordable. Thanks for the work you have done.

From
    Florida

great armor i love it here are some picks ill be posting more on the costume post
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 6170488873_beeeda796f-jpg  

Account Deactivated

Nice job ZeroGinc , do you mind my asking how tall are you,?

From
    Florida

thank you im 5 foot 9

From
    Riverside, California

PM Sent

From
    Florida

From
    Albuquerque

@Buffbeefbroth - Thanks for sharing, looking good so far. Don't worry, once you have on your vest and other stuff it'll look a bit more filled out for you
    @DM- Thanks a ton buddy for the kind words I appreciate it! Just hit me up whenever you're ready and I'll get you taken care of ok?
    @ZG - Thanks again bro for posting your progress in here so people can see some of it painted up and assembled, it really does help a lot It's coming along nicely!
    @TD- 4608 - Pm replied, thanks!!

From
    Florida

no prob

From
    Riverside, California

I am looking forward to getting my armor! I have a set of aluminum armor I have been trooping in for the last few years, but it is a little on the heavy side so this will be my 'summer alternative'!

I had some thoughts for you that I am going to pass on. Since you are just getting started in selling armor and you are obviously very talented, I wanted to put in my two cents on a couple ideas that may help you out.

The first suggestion doesn't matter that much, but by chance did you ever modify your kidney plate to be more accurate? Since it is covered you are right that it is not that big of a deal, but to many of the hardliners, they might nit-pik that type of stuff. They want as screen accurate as possible and it would be a shame to see you not go as 'big' as your talent could take you because of something as small as that.

The second, and I guess last would be to make up a kit and ask one of the bigger names on here to review the armor. The first person that comes to mind would be WebChief. He is a very nice guy and is always willing to lend a helping hand. More importantly, he has a lot of credibility on this site. If he agreed to it, you could pack up a set of armor and send it to him for him to review and post a thread. I can't speak for him, but like I said, he has always been helpful and honest.

Anyhow, my point is that if he posted a positive review than it would boost up your moxi quite a bit. Just a couple thoughts. Look forward to getting my armor!

From
    Albuquerque

Thanks very much for the comments!! I appreciate the feedback and always take into consideration what others in the community have to say.

For the moment, I don't really have any plans to overhaul the kidney plate, but when I get some time that is something that I may seriously consider re-doing. I would like to see it more accurate as well in order to finish out the kit.

As far as your second thought goes, that's something that I'll also have to consider doing in the future sometime, but for now so far all the feedback that I've been getting from you all here on the boards has been very helpful and insightful and I really appreciate it
    Anyone who owns my armor that wants to post up a review/wip/tutorial is always more than welcome to do so. I know that it's not perfect and there's always room for improvement, therefore I always like to hear back from everyone to see what other things I can do to make a better kit for you all (as well as myself ).

By the way, I've gotten started on your kit so I'll be hammering it out here in a few more days hopefully and have it in the mail soon. thanks again!

Ive painted up some of the armor I have from you....everything but the gaunts and knees are done. Here are a few pics...I know some of the damage is off, so keep in mind this is my first attempt at painting Boba armor. BFETT pictures by TK9039 - Photobucket

I am not really doing a WIP...but figured I would throw these up.

From
    Albuquerque

DJ! Looks GREAT boss! Thanks for sharing Keep me updated as everyone here knows that I love to see what people do with my armor!

From
    Bath, South West, UK

PM Sent. Thanks

From
    Bath, South West, UK

My knee kit is on it's way! If anyone can link me to their builds/colours that would be awesome. I am in need of some weathering tips and what yellow to use. I have bought some aluminium knee darts too. I need to know what yellow to use and how to get that speckily used look to them. Cheers.

From
    Massachusetts

TD-4608 said: View Post
    The second, and I guess last would be to make up a kit and ask one of the bigger names on here to review the armor. The first person that comes to mind would be WebChief. He is a very nice guy and is always willing to lend a helping hand. More importantly, he has a lot of credibility on this site. If he agreed to it, you could pack up a set of armor and send it to him for him to review and post a thread. I can't speak for him, but like I said, he has always been helpful and honest.
    I appreciate the kind words but I'm guessing that he's past needing any of my help. Looks to me like he's already got a great customer base that have been quite pleased with his products.

Keep up the great work!

From
    Albuquerque

@ Jay - Here you go brotha!
    Knee.armor.tutorial.MOV - YouTube
    I'll have these out in the mail to ya in a few days

@ Bob - Thank you so much for the kind words! It's always nice to hear from some of the 'old schoolers'

And thank you all in the community as well for all the great support that you've given me and helped me along the way to continue to better my kits...I'll still continue to strive for more accuracy as I get more feedback from you all so thanks again!

From
    Albuquerque

Just want to give everyone a heads up about the plastic I've been using. I've now officially phased out the 'haircell' texture (eliminating that ugly bumpy/wavyness to my pulls) and have now been able to source full batch orders of smooth/smooth ABS. As soon as I get caught up on orders I'll pull a few sets and take some up close photos to post.
    Anyone ordering armor from here on out (not to mention for the last few weeks and those currently in queue) will be receiving the smooth stuff. Thanks again!
    -RKD

EDIT - I totally forgot to mention that the above applies only to the black plastic. I currently only have the white 1/8" inch in 'haircell'.
    At the moment, I've got an order of .090 white on the way, but if anyone will want the white without the 'haircell' texture, they'll have to go with the thinner white stuff. Sorry about any confusion on that. Please hit me up if you have any questions, thanks!!
    Last edited by redkraytdragon; Sep 30, 2011 at 6:36 PM.

From
    Bath, South West, UK

Sweet. Sounds good dude. Thanks for the recommendation on epoxy btw, helped a lot with my magnets in my helmet too.

From
    Eastern PA

Wow, that will be nice!