Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast
Subscribe
    Apr 21, 2011, 1:35 AM - IOA ROTJ Fett Armor kits Version 2 and 3 - Now available #1

Greetings everyone,
    Well, I've decided the time has come where I feel comfortable enough with my efforts on this project to the point where I feel I can now make these version 2 kits available to everyone here. These molds are the result of hundreds of hours of research and sculpting (not to mention some cursing, swearing, and throwing of things lol). Just like the thread title states, this is version 2...meaning a lot of these pieces have been sculpted TWICE (something I did not really much enjoy but it was a valuable lesson learned and I'm glad I had to go through it now that it's over). Thanks to the help of some knowledgeable 'Fett heads' here in the community, I have been able to refine these sculpts to make them much more accurate than before. Are these the most accurate that you can buy? No, they are not. Are they screen accurate? No, but fairly close (with the exception of the kidney plate). However, I feel that I have priced these kits at a reasonable price to make them affordable to just about anyone. I feel that these are excellent looking kits (of which I gladly wear myself) and provide another option to what's already available to the members here at an affordable price. That being said, I'd like to go over a few details before getting into the actual pricing and pics.

- The V2 kits are based on the WOF large size templates for sizing only. The shapes of the V3 (medium, studio scale) and V2 (large) are based off of Rafalfett's awesome templates. Pics with measurements are provided below.
    - These kits will be pulled out of 1/8" inch ABS (with the exception of the gauntlets and some pieces of the knees, which will be pulled out of .060 black…whether you order a white or black set, it will come with these in black). You will have a choice of black or white ABS kits (white being available for the foreseeable future...there have been issues in the past of me sourcing the white, but I currently have a good amount of white stock on hand…sourcing black is not an issue at all). For the black kits, the chest sets only will be pulled out of .093 black boltaron (a very tough and durable kydex alternative) unless you request the black ABS (no difference in price)
    - The white ABS is more expensive (not by much though) and that will be reflected in the price of the white kits.
    - All kits will come rough trimmed. If you would like them finish trimmed please contact me for pricing as it will vary from piece to piece.
    - These will be ongoing runs for the foreseeable future. I can pull any piece at any time (full kits or parts only, if you wish), you may mix colors (again white ABS being a bit more) and/or mix and match parts or buy multiples of parts only, if you wish.
    - I prefer paypal, but will accept other forms of payment as well.
    - I will ship international, but as expected it will cost extra and be determined by which country you live in.
    - All shipping charges will include my handling, paypal fees, and shipping confirmation fees.
    - I will do payment plans...HOWEVER, payments will be NON-REFUNDABLE. So please keep that in mind before deciding to go down that road.
    - A quick word on shipping backplates. Because of their larger size, shipping will be more expensive unfortunately.
    - To place an order, pm me with what you wish to purchase (parts or kits) as well as where you live, and I will provide you with a comprehensive price list and my pp info. Please be specific with which items you want in your order, thanks

Please feel free to pm me or post any other questions you may have that I might have missed in the above list.
    Be sure and visit my build thread of my Version 1 of this armor here: http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f25/resculp...tt-armor-37100/
    Armor versions are now available in medium or large, please let me know your size when ordering
    You will now be able to have your choice of a full ESB or ROTJ kit in either black or white. Shoulders will be priced the same for either kit and will not affect the price on either. Here's the pics:

Here is the price list for the black kits (prices do not include shipping on individual pieces):
    Backplate - $75
    Shoulder Bells (Pair) - $22
    Collar Plate - $26
    Chest Set (boltaron .090) - $42
    Cod plate - $42
    Kidney/Butt plate - $22
    Gauntlets (clamshells .060) - $60
    Flamethrower – (.060) - $12
    Full greeblie kit for gaunts - $155 (includes flamethrower for ROTJ)
    Unassembled, rough trimmed kit (Version 2) - Please see pics at the bottom of this post for V2 kits
    -.090 outer shells (V2 inserts with blanks...strongest, least assembly) - $80
    Assembled, finish trimmed, sanded and primed (ready to paint) kit Version 3 only - $130 (no holes drilled for knee darts)
    For those purchasing an unassembled V2 or V3 knee kit, I have posted the tutorial video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnhPx9ynDDk...eature=youtu.be
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Here is the price list for the white kits (prices do not include shipping on individual pieces):
    Backplate - $76
    Shoulder Bells (Pair) - $23
    Collar Plate - $27
    Chest Set - $43
    Cod plate - $43
    Kidney/Butt plate - $23
    Gauntlets (clamshells .060) - $60 (same, black)
    Flamethrower – (.060) - $12 (same, black)
    Full greeblie kit for gaunts - $155 (includes flamethrower for ROTJ)
    Knee kits V3 (unassembled) - $85
    For those purchasing an unassembled V2 or V3 knee kit, I have posted the tutorial video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnhPx9ynDDk...eature=youtu.be
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Now on to the pics and measurements:
    ESB

ROTJ

Here are the V2 and V3 knee kits. The spaces between the caps and sides will NOT be cut out for you.

Here they are shown EXACTLY as you will receive them (V2 shown below). Hit me up with any questions.

Close-ups and measurements of the individual pieces in corresponding order (colors may vary, but all parts and pieces are pulled from the same molds) –
    Backplate (V2 shown below):

V3 (medium) parts measurements shown below -

Just to give you all an idea of how tough this boltaron stuff is, here's some pics of the torture that a buddy of mine put these pieces through:

And the final 'after' shot:

Kidney/Butt plate. Based off Rafalfett's accurate RWA templates. I made this piece just a TAD bigger than the template cause I wanted a bit beefier look. It also matches up great with the cod. NOTE - Due to the nature of this particular piece and the size, height and shape of the mold needed to vac this (not to mention just the all around weirdness of it), I have to vac it by itself on the table...which unfortunately means more waste = more cost. But in the pursuit of accuracy, it's a necessary evil. That being said, this piece will cost $22 each.
    It should be noted that I sculpted this a bit flatter than what you might be used to seeing from other makers. My reason is because of the size and height of the mold would be larger than what I wanted to work with. That being said, it might be necessary for you to shape it with a heat gun, but depending on one's body style and shape it might NOT be necessary. Either way it's an easy mod.
    Size note - The absolute max size waist this will easily work with is right around 41"-42" inches (of course smaller waists need only cut off the excess material). Please also take into account soft parts like your flightsuit and anything else you might be wearing under it.

Here it is clamped up against my cod piece with NO extra heating

Gauntlets (clamshells pulled in .060):
    - Left Gaunt: NOTE: Please ignore the bumpiness/wavyness on a few of these shots. I have since phased out the haircell texture plastic to smooth only...those pics were left in for measurement purposes only :

- Right Gaunt: NOTE: Please ignore the bumpiness/wavyness on a few of these shots. I have since phased out the haircell texture plastic to smooth only...those pics were left in for measurement purposes only :

Flamethrower (pulled in .060):

Whipcord housing (pulled in .060):
    For the sake of measurements and to display what a primed and ready to paint set looks like, please check the following pictures (some pictures may show no dents, yours will have dents):

UPDATE:
    I will now be offering the collar, shoulders, and knee plate fronts with these sets in the super tough boltaron for an additional fee (due to the higher cost of this plastic).
    Prices are as follows:
    Collars - $30
    Shoulders - $25
    ----------------------------------------
    Note: Pics below are of my older less accurate sculpt, it is not what you will be receiving

-----------------------------------------------------
    Greeblies currently available (more are planned for the future)
    All pieces (for the foreseeable future) will be made in Smoothcast 305.
    Some minor cleanup will be required, but most major cleanup will be completed by me before shipping out. Some minor bubbles on a few of the pieces are unavoidable for the time being (I'll be resolving that issue in the near future hopefully) but efforts have been made to cast them in areas that will remain hidden if you choose not to decide to fill them in with putty (or whatever).
    Prices do not include shipping and handling

Prices and pics are as follows:
    Left gauntlet rocket - PRESSURE CAST - $35+S&H
    A quick word on these: These rockets are 100% bubble free (how often do you see that?) and cleanup is minimal. I hid the seamline as much as (and where) possible to minimize cleanup. These rockets are also almost perfectly round unlike many others I have seen which tend to have that wonky oval shape. These are tricky and time consuming to make, hence the higher price tag...but I think you'll find it worth every cent once you see one in person. Here's pics:

Left gaunt dental expander - $10. 2-sided and pressure cast! Excellent detail on these

Flamethrower nozzles (set of 2) - $15

Left gaunt calc pad - $12

Right gaunt darts (set of 4) - $10

MQ-1 circuit board PRESSURE CAST - $12 +S&H
    Note - I have added mounting pegs in the corners for easier assembly inside the helmet

Right gaunt rear hose connector - $15

Right gaunt oval shape - $5
    Note - I added a wedge to the bottom for easier installation and to allow for a more proper angle sticking out of the gauntlet

Right gaunt whipcord housing - $16 (comes with extra styrene tubing for 'box housing')

Lower right hose connectors - $25 (set)

Shown with whipcord housing for reference

Fett style knee darts - Version 1 (smooth) - $22

Fett style knee darts - Version 2 (grooved) - $22

Aluminum knee darts (same size and dimensions as the resin versions)
    Smooth - $45 a set
    Grooved - $55 a set

And grooved (same measurements)

Foam knee dart installation kits - 2 pieces - $6 (darts and housing not included) Works with either the V1 or V2 knee kits. Note: Be sure to install these BEFORE assembling either your V1 or V2 kits. Here's the link to the youtube video on how to install these:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YROPb...1&feature=plcp

I have attempted, to the best of my abilities, to show you all the angles, measurements, fittings, etc of all the armor pieces and greeblies as well as any perceived flaws. Please feel free to post or pm me with any questions you may have regarding concerns in these areas. Thank you all for looking
    -RKD
    Last edited by redkraytdragon; Jul 17, 2014 at 1:22 PM.
    Apr 27, 2011, 3:01 PM - Re: IOA ROTJ Fett Armor kits Version 2 - Now available #2

1st post updated with shoulder bell pics
    Apr 27, 2011, 4:16 PM - Re: IOA ROTJ Fett Armor kits Version 2 - Now available #3

Looking good!

My next observational question is would it be a good idea to re-tool the kidney plate so it's longer on the sides?
    I'm thinking the real suit is this way and the cod attaches OVER the kidney one.
    Apr 27, 2011, 4:48 PM - Re: IOA ROTJ Fett Armor kits Version 2 - Now available #4

Nice! I'd be interested in a set of gaunts and a chest set.
    Although I am noticing a slightly dimpled texture on the black pieces. Is that just the picture, or is that something that needs to be sanded out?
    Apr 27, 2011, 5:10 PM - Re: IOA ROTJ Fett Armor kits Version 2 - Now available #5

There is a slight rippling texture to some of his stuff.
    I wet sanded it out when I was finishing it up.

I'm guessing it's only when he uses abs that is textured on the inside because I have a set of "test pulls" from when he redid his chest plates and they are nice and smooth on both sides.
    Apr 27, 2011, 5:31 PM - Re: IOA ROTJ Fett Armor kits Version 2 - Now available #6

@Tony - To answer your question - I'm probably not going to be retooling the kidney plate. I just made it to fit my body for personal use and decided to include it in the kit. You are correct though, it's supposed to wrap around and connect with the cod, mine does not. For a low profile piece that's going to be covered up with girth and ammo belts, I feel that it's not really worth the trouble for me (not to mention that I don't sell very many of these)
    And as far as the plastic goes, I cannot source smooth/smooth textured plastic where I am locally (I was told it had something to do with their availability and extrusion process) so I have what's called 'haircell' texture on one side of the plastic. It does show through a tad bit (it's very minimal through the 1/8" inch) but is easily sanded out (you have to sand the armor anyway to paint it). You can see in my build thread how the armor looks after painting and sanding and it's completely smooth when finished: http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f25/r...t-armor-37100/
    The only rippling you're really going to see is on the gaunts because they are pulled out of .060 which is thinner and shows through more.
    Apr 28, 2011, 11:03 PM - #7

Got my armor today. Once again very nice! and Will is a great guy to deal with!! Bump for some awesome pieces..
    Apr 29, 2011, 11:04 PM - Re: IOA ROTJ Fett Armor kits Version 2 - Now available #8

Thanks again Bryan for the feedback, you've been a great customer buddy!
    May 6, 2011, 12:39 PM - Re: IOA ROTJ Fett Armor kits Version 2 - Now available #9

Weekend bump. After doing a special order for a friend, I've discovered that I can now pull collars, shoulders, and knee plate fronts out of the smoother boltaron plastic. This stuff doesn't like to stretch at all in the forming process so cods and backplates are out.

However this plastic costs almost twice as much as the regular ABS hence the prices on those pieces will be a bit more (about $5 per) Will get pics and pricing up later this week. Hit me up if you're interested
    May 9, 2011, 8:50 PM - Re: IOA ROTJ Fett Armor kits Version 2 - Now available #10

RKD, great job dude... When I'm ready to do my supertrooper I'll hit you up...
    May 11, 2011, 1:11 AM - Re: IOA ROTJ Fett Armor kits Version 2 - Now available #11

Thanks brotha, much appreciated. I'm gearing up for Phoenix Comic con at the end of the month and have been pulling extra armor to have on hand for the show so I should have extra ready to go whenever you're ready
    May 11, 2011, 8:44 PM - Re: IOA ROTJ Fett Armor kits Version 2 - Now available #12

cool... I'm working on some other costumes I need to finish up for some of the other things I am doing, and I'm waiting for the last parts for my Custom Mando... So It will hopefully be soon... if not after Dragon*Con...
    May 13, 2011, 1:47 AM - Re: IOA ROTJ Fett Armor kits Version 2 - Now available #13

Sounds good buddy! I'll have armor pulled and cut and ready to go like always!
    May 13, 2011, 11:04 PM - Re: IOA ROTJ Fett Armor kits Version 2 - Now available #14

First post updated.
    I'm also currently in the process of researching to source some .060 black boltaron or kydex for the gauntlets. Info will be posted as it becomes available. Thanks all for looking.
    May 24, 2011, 3:37 AM - Re: IOA ROTJ Fett Armor kits Version 2 - Now available #15

Just a quick heads up to everyone - I'll be leaving for Phoenix this coming Wednesday (May 25th) for the con there and won't be back till late Sunday night (May 29th). I won't have any internet access while I'm gone so if you pm me and I don't answer back right away don't worry, I'm not ignoring you I'll get back to everyone as soon as I return.
    If you happen to be in Phoenix and are planning on attending the con, be sure and stop by my table (I'll be sharing one with Allen of Anarchy squared props) and say hi. I'll have kits on hand for you to look at and check out as well. Hope to see you there and for the rest of ya, I'll see you here on the boards when I return!
  16. Member Since
    Dec 2008
    Jun 15, 2011, 2:05 PM - Re: IOA ROTJ Fett Armor kits Version 2 - Now available #16

I just got two sets of Armour from Redkraytdragon and I am extremely happy. I got one full complete set for my ROTJ build I am doing for myself and another smooth (un-dented) set for my wife who I am doing a custom mando for.
    His shipping was nice and fast as he had everything I needed already made and in stock at his shop. Soon as I paid he had it all boxed up and shipped out that after noon. His prices are MORE then fair. When I compared what he offered other sets available I just couldn't pass up a nice quality made set like Redkraytdragon's especially for the low cost of it.
    As far as I am concerned from what I have seen of other stuff Redkraytdragon will be a high end contender in no time and if he keeps going the way he is I have no doubt that his name will be up there and synonymous with those like Fettpride.
    I understand that's a very bold statement but that's also how much I love this stuff. Its really nice to work with, very forgiving and the 0.93 chest armour is without a doubt in my opinion second to none.
    So honestly if you want a quality scratch sculpted set that offers a ton of extras I'd honestly give Red and all he offers a good solid look over. He customer server even after the payment and the delivery to me has been awesome. Always willing to lend a hand in making sure I'm going in the right direction on putting it all together or even painting/weathering methods.
    I will be posting progress pics soon of both of my builds once I get a little bit further into the builds.
    Thanks all.
    Cheers.
    Jun 15, 2011, 5:59 PM - Re: IOA ROTJ Fett Armor kits Version 2 - Now available #17

I got a set of gaunts from him last week, and they look awesome! I am extremely pleased! You guys need to check his stuff out
    Jun 16, 2011, 3:09 PM - Re: IOA ROTJ Fett Armor kits Version 2 - Now available #18

Matt - Thanks a TON bro, I really appreciate that feedback and am so happy that you're pleased with the armor. You've been a GREAT customer who is quickly becoming a good friend through FB messages and the like. I look forward to serving you again in the future as I sculpt new stuff.

Brail - And thank YOU as well! I'm so glad that you love the gaunts. I've got a set myself so at least I know I can say that I wear the same stuff I sell to you guys
    Jun 29, 2011, 8:04 PM - Re: IOA ROTJ Fett Armor kits Version 2 - Now available #19

Guys redkraytdragon has been great! loved the work hes done and loved talking to him hes really a great person to talk to if you need help on armor. if you need good armor with great detail try his i love it. i might be a noob and all in screen accurate things Fett but man it beats some of the things iv seen on ebay for around the same price. this stuff is strong to! love the feel ill post pics later of my armor. im excited as this will be my first buil on painting and assembling a EBS Fett or any Fett for that matter total noob here lol T_T
    Jun 29, 2011, 8:10 PM - Re: IOA ROTJ Fett Armor kits Version 2 - Now available #20

here we go! this is what iv bought so far and will be buying the rest minus the back plate and gauntlets like in a weekish.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5886407220_b3e4c8776a_b.jpg 
Views:	242 
Size:	526.6 KB 
ID:	54139  
    Jun 30, 2011, 3:34 PM - Re: IOA ROTJ Fett Armor kits Version 2 - Now available #21

Quote ZeroGinc said: View Post
    here we go! this is what iv bought so far and will be buying the rest minus the back plate and gauntlets like in a weekish.

Wow Z you work FAST! Looking good buddy
    Thanks so much for the comments, I'm glad you like the armor and am looking forward to getting you the rest of the kit. Thanks again!
    Jul 12, 2011, 7:37 PM - Re: IOA ROTJ Fett Armor kits Version 2 - Now available #22

got the rest in! all i need to get from you later down the road is the back plate! dude this is great stuff here thank you
    Jul 15, 2011, 5:07 AM - Re: IOA ROTJ Fett Armor kits Version 2 - Now available #23

Thanks again so much Z!! I really appreciate the feedback and I'm glad that you like the armor Definitely hit me up when you're ready for a backplate and I'll get ya taken care of ASAP.
    Jul 18, 2011, 9:01 PM - Re: IOA ROTJ Fett Armor kits Version 2 - Now available #24

no prob looking forward to buy it from you loved everything so far here are the pics of the other pieces i have

Jul 23, 2011, 5:08 AM - Re: IOA ROTJ Fett Armor kits Version 2 - Now available #25

Lookin GREAT Z!! Thanks for sharing bro! Those pieces all came out fantastic