Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Subscribe
    Dec 17, 2013, 4:21 PM - Introducing the MachineCraft Beacon Light by Active Armor #1

Hey guys!,

I've had quite a few requests for Beacon lights since I started selling my beacons, and I'm happy to tell you that I'm here to deliver!

I was approached about my parts by member Skyminer, who is working on a series of products called Active Armor. One thing lead to another and we talked about him crafting a light. After a couple months of development I'm happy to show it off to you today!

There are two kits available, both kits use an LED with a light diffuser, so no hot incandescent bulbs, but still phenomenal lighting!

The first kit available is a budget kit. This kit comes with the LED and all wires needed to hook up the light. The only thing you will need to supply is a small amount of electrical tape, and a 9v battery. Kits install in my beacons in under 5 minutes even for a novice like me. I will snap a picture of this kit later.

The Premium kit is my pride and joy as of this afternoon, I can't put this thing down! The Premium uses the same RGB LED and light diffuser, but has a control board that comes with the unit. This board will toggle one of 4 modes: Steady on, quick flash, slow flash, and Pulse (MY FAVORITE!). This kit also only needs a bit of electrical tape and a 9v battery to install.

Here is a video of the Premium kit in action!:
    http://youtu.be/JQc-gKKFxwc

Prices on the budget kit are $25, and the Premium Kit is $50. To order, email me at machinecraftreplicas@gmail.com

Let me know what you guys think!

-Dakota
    Last edited by JodoKast89; Dec 17, 2013 at 4:28 PM.
    Dec 17, 2013, 5:05 PM - Re: Introducing the MachineCraft Beacon Light by Active Armor #2

Dec 17, 2013, 6:56 PM - Re: Introducing the MachineCraft Beacon Light by Active Armor #3

Love it bro just like you I love the pulse!!!!
  4. Member Since
    Oct 2012
    Dec 17, 2013, 7:47 PM - Re: Introducing the MachineCraft Beacon Light by Active Armor #4

Beautiful!!
  5. Member Since
    Oct 2011
    Dec 17, 2013, 7:54 PM - Re: Introducing the MachineCraft Beacon Light by Active Armor #5

Do you know if these fit cleanly (without mod) into Dark-Syde's beacons?
    Dec 17, 2013, 9:14 PM - Re: Introducing the MachineCraft Beacon Light by Active Armor #6

Thanks, gentlemen! I'm glad you approve!

Quote tk231 said: View Post
    I would say it should work fine. If anything the light diffuser may need to be shortened. With that said they're made to work with my beacon, but I don't see any reason they shouldn't work with other beacons that are out there as long as they have a removable cap

-Dakota
    Dec 17, 2013, 9:33 PM - Re: Introducing the MachineCraft Beacon Light by Active Armor #7

do you offer the light and beacon as a combo price? how much would it be for your beacon and premium/budget kit?
    Dec 17, 2013, 9:49 PM - Re: Introducing the MachineCraft Beacon Light by Active Armor #8

Email sent re: beacon and premium kit!
    Dec 17, 2013, 9:58 PM - Re: Introducing the MachineCraft Beacon Light by Active Armor #9

The pulse is awesome! Got to get one of these!
    Dec 17, 2013, 10:22 PM - Re: Introducing the MachineCraft Beacon Light by Active Armor #10

Email sent love the pulse effect as well!
    Dec 18, 2013, 3:12 PM - Re: Introducing the MachineCraft Beacon Light by Active Armor #11

Emails replied to! Thank you all for the tremendous support! I'm glad the beacon light that "I" wanted is the same one you all wanted as well!

As for discounts when buying this piece as the beacon, I would absolutely love to, but in doing the math it's just not feasible without doing "runs" of these, and like my other parts I do my best to have a consistent supply available rather than having some folks wait upwards of 2-3 months to receive things. I will tell you that I priced these as cheap as I could get away with because I truly want to see them on as many suits as possible!

-Dakota
    Dec 18, 2013, 3:24 PM - Re: Introducing the MachineCraft Beacon Light by Active Armor #12

I love this, fantastic piece.
    Dec 18, 2013, 5:42 PM - Re: Introducing the MachineCraft Beacon Light by Active Armor #13

Hope my email wasn't missed...
  14. Member Since
    Aug 2011
    Dec 18, 2013, 7:16 PM - Re: Introducing the MachineCraft Beacon Light by Active Armor #14

Wow that's cool , and the pulse is the way to go!
    Dec 18, 2013, 7:26 PM - Introducing the MachineCraft Beacon Light by Active Armor #15

Jodokast89,
    Great work on the lights! The pulse is fantastic. For the budget kit do we pick which one of the flashing patterns we prefer? Consider me quite interested.
    Posted from iOS app
    Dec 18, 2013, 7:35 PM - Re: Introducing the MachineCraft Beacon Light by Active Armor #16

Quote Bothan said: View Post
    Jodokast89,
    Great work on the lights! The pulse is fantastic. For the budget kit do we pick which one of the flashing patterns we prefer? Consider me quite interested.
    The budget kit is only a Solid-On light, this is because adding the effects for flashing and pulsing require a board to carry out that function. Both kits offer the same brightness, but only the premium will have the ability to flash or pulse, as the premium was made with the intentions of offering every mode seen the video.

Sorry if I wasn't more clear about that!

-Dakota
    Dec 18, 2013, 7:55 PM - Re: Introducing the MachineCraft Beacon Light by Active Armor #17

Quote Kimelius said: View Post
    Hope my email wasn't missed...
    ...and it wasn't! Thanks for the quick response Dakota, paypal Unique Transaction ID 45B27948RD949081Y for beacon and premium kit

Thanks for putting this all together!
    Dec 18, 2013, 8:52 PM - Re: Introducing the MachineCraft Beacon Light by Active Armor #18

Looks nice, how big is the board for the premium kit? Also, you might want to change the sales thread for the beacon since I won't be doing a light kit for it now.
    Dec 20, 2013, 11:14 AM - Re: Introducing the MachineCraft Beacon Light by Active Armor #19

Quote tk231 said: View Post
    The diameter of the LED diffuser is 9.6mm, so long as the inner diameter of the Dark-Syde beacon cap (and little chamber in the top of the beacon) are greater than that, you should be good. As Dakota has mentioned, the diffuser can be shortened if necessary

Quote Jc27 said: View Post
    Looks nice, how big is the board for the premium kit?
    The dimension of the board is about 1 1/4" x 3/4".
    Dec 20, 2013, 8:34 PM - Re: Introducing the MachineCraft Beacon Light by Active Armor #20

Quote Jc27 said: View Post
    Looks nice, how big is the board for the premium kit? Also, you might want to change the sales thread for the beacon since I won't be doing a light kit for it now.
    I'll get it changed man, no worries!

The board is very small and I'm excited to see how/where people mount them!
    Dec 21, 2013, 12:11 AM - Introducing the MachineCraft Beacon Light by Active Armor #21

Lock me down for your premium kit Mr.
    Posted from iOS app
  22. Member Since
    Nov 2013
    Dec 21, 2013, 4:04 AM - Re: Introducing the MachineCraft Beacon Light by Active Armor #22

Cool! I would be interested in a beacon plus the premium kit. How much is it?
  23. Dec 21, 2013, 11:07 AM - Re: Introducing the MachineCraft Beacon Light by Active Armor #23

That looks really good! The diffuser seems to work excellent! If you put it close to something do you see the light on the object in the form of the slots on the becaon head? If you do, that's awesome! The reason i use the incandescent bulb in mine,(besides its what was used on screen), is the LED ones just never did that, and in ESB you see it a couple of times showing on the center cylinder of the jetpack...and i love that look. Really nice work Skyminer and Jodokast89!
    Last edited by Darth Voorhees; Dec 21, 2013 at 1:50 PM. Reason: Spelling & wording corrections :/
    Dec 21, 2013, 11:21 AM - Re: Introducing the MachineCraft Beacon Light by Active Armor #24

Really cool indeed.
  25. Member Since
    Nov 2013
    Dec 22, 2013, 7:16 AM - Re: Introducing the MachineCraft Beacon Light by Active Armor #25

PM sent.