HIC run. EE3 ETC - Stormrider

Re: HIC run. EE3 ETC - Stormrider

I hope Santa brings me a HIC for Christmas

Thats a very cool pull man.

VERY COOL!!!! You can see the details really well!!! Now I am going to have a few sleepless nights until it arrives!!!! :-)

From
    Florida Gulf Coast

Freakin' awesome! Someday, maybe...

From
    Chicago Illinois-ish

anyone claimed the 2nd test run ROTJ blaster? If not, I'm interested.

From
    Kalamazoo, MI

The mold is flawless. The casts are flawless. The rubber I ordered is not. It isnt curing properly. I am going to construct a heat tent. (To bring the heat n there up over 110)

This rubber is tearing and it shouldnt. I have to sort it. And I will. QUickly.

I will post pics of the mold and shell.

From
    Florida Gulf Coast

Sorry to hear that bro. Did the company indicate that there was supposed to be any upside to this new formulation?

From
    Kalamazoo, MI

The new formula has no mercury in it. All resins/rubbers that have mercury will no longer be available. It is a huge change for the rubber/resin industry. As supplies run low, they will have to change. Some companies have much more on hand.

The mercury helps it 'kick' and fully cure. Without it, its a slow process. Now, heat will do the same thing. So I probably just need to build a heat station, or get electric blankes to lay over the piece till it dries.

Ill be pulling one tomorrow and using a blanket to see if it fixes the cure.

mike

From
    Kalamazoo, MI

New rubber in. Going to test pull tonight. If all goes well as it should, ill be shipping asap.

Thanks,
    mike

From
    Kalamazoo, MI

By the way, the test pull blaster I sold, I cant make the rubber trigger/hammer/guard til this rubber works, so it hasnt shipped yet.

From
    Chicago Illinois-ish

Im following this thread like a hawk...interested in a rotj ee3...let me know when you have something workable

Thanks for the update captain. Pumped to get it whenever you ship it!!
    Stormrider said: View Post
    By the way, the test pull blaster I sold, I cant make the rubber trigger/hammer/guard til this rubber works, so it hasnt shipped yet.

From
    DFW

New rubber in. Going to test pull tonight. If all goes well as it should, ill be shipping asap.

Thanks,
    mike
    Thanks Mike,

really looking forward to the HIC.

Paul

From
    Midlands UK

Hi there,

I was just wondering if it was too late for me to be added to the list of the full front HIC $425 + the $75 to the uk?

I am able to pay immediately.

From
    Kalamazoo, MI

I am not taking any money or orders til I get these 3-4 out that have paid. Im going to pull a test partial pull with new rubber to see how it cures. If its good, Ill get the pulls out this week then start taking more orders. Nothing comes in front of paid customers.

Its stressful that they changed this rubber on me. I wont ship a sub par product.

I have used exactly $0 from the paid orders so everyones money is safe.

- - - Updated - - -

Let me reiterate some things.

The rubber just isnt curing fully when its thinner than 1/2 inch. Because they changed the mixture. I havent tried brushing it in, and using the expandable foam yet. That may or may not work depending on the heat. Thats why I am not doing the guns.

I however may be able to start the resin(hard) guns both rotj and esb. But my time needs to be focused on getting the paid orders out.

From
    Richmond VA

Sounds extremely reasonable, thanks SR. Bummer about the rubber change, hope you can sort it out without more frustration.

From
    Naples, FL

WANTED:
    ESB Resin EE-3 with wood stock: 225 shipped to Florida
    sidearm blaster (if you are still making them) ?
    I CAN PAY ON: Immediately...PayPal or whatever

I'm in no rush, take your time....

From
    Kalamazoo, MI

I made a test pull ofpart of the flat on the HIC today, and a test pull of another rubber barrell with hard foam in it to test the cure. If this doesnt work with the 80 rubber. I will refund all orders and start over. I have a couple options. Look for another hard rubber or I could do a hard resin pull and slice them for shipping, but there would be a seam that had to be filled and sanded.

I am going to do a test pull with a hard resin / hard foam ee3 tomorrow. If that goes well I will start those.

From
    Chicago Illinois-ish

Interested in paying shipping for the test pull (you mentioned that early in this thread)) no matter what condition
    ~Terry

From
    Merida Yucatan

I made a test pull ofpart of the flat on the HIC today, and a test pull of another rubber barrell with hard foam in it to test the cure. If this doesnt work with the 80 rubber. I will refund all orders and start over. I have a couple options. Look for another hard rubber or I could do a hard resin pull and slice them for shipping, but there would be a seam that had to be filled and sanded.

I am going to do a test pull with a hard resin / hard foam ee3 tomorrow. If that goes well I will start those.
    excelent Stormrider, im still in for one ESB blaster and HIC kit

From
    Kalamazoo, MI

The test pull rips when I fold it over. Its un-usable.

However THE RUBBER IS SORTED. The test batch they gave me worked great. I will be able to pick a full batch up hopefully tomorrow. Get 2 pulled this weekend maybe 3.

The pull of the rubber coated with 320 foam (3 lb, x20 expansion) turned out stellar also. Its a light cast rigid foam, with a little flex, but by coating it with rubber, The flutes/tracks on the barrel are solid rubber, and it doesnt crack, chip, dent. and is VERY light.

So, that being said, once I have the HICS are caught up were rolling.

Thanks,
    Mike

From
    Florida Gulf Coast

Wow! I may have to alter my "Wanted" from the resin kit to this! It sounds really nice. I'll definitely want one or the other, and this sounds like a winner for trooping.

From
    Kalamazoo, MI

It is very light. I also ordered some new foam that is about as hard as pine, but weighs 1/4 the weight. It seems like itwould make perfect stocks and fills. Im excited finally things are kickign rear.

Going to test the 30 rubber for int kits tonight too.

From
    DFW

Hi Mike,

Sorry for the dumb question but is the rubber for the blaster or HIC? I'm one of the paid full front HIC's. I appreciate the updates, I am just getting confused on what is what.

Thanks,
    Paul

From
    Kalamazoo, MI

To clarify, the rubber pulls both HIC's AND blasters. But the immediate rubber I have is for making HICS. Not the blasters. I used some of the left over sample rubber to test on the blaster and it worked great so both kits are a go.

I will pull the first HIC tomorrow afternoon. One saturday, one sunday. So hopefully 3 will ship monday.

There is 1 pieces, and 4 fulls I believe paid for. I hope that clears that up.

m2