Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast

GMH - THE definitive Boba Fett Helmet - UPDATE Sept. 4th 2012

Re: GMH - THE definitive Boba Fett Helmet - UPDATE March 31st 2012

dcarty said: View Post
    Thank you for the response, Chris. That's pretty much what I figured.

No Problem at all. I am very sorry that you feel this way. But I do feel it neccessary to clarify a little.

Foremost, in the original sales thread, I never guaranteed these pieces to be glass, or to be even clearer, that they would always be in glass. My original sales post never specified sales for glass. Throughout the early stages of the project, glass was discussed due to issues some members were having with sticky surfaces on some of the glass pieces that had already been produced. But there was still a mix, discussion of rotocast simply never came up because there were no issues. Perhaps my not having ever clarified either way is fault. But I never changed the conditions of the sale. There was a private "canned" price list response that I'd distributed very early on that stated glass, but has long since been edited. This is a case where I believe members may have expected glass by default because that is what I'm most known for. As I stated though, I've been transitioning, and have been since 2009 when I started releasing my first compression molded urethane gauntlets.

Myself, not unlike most pro manufacturers in real life, reserve the right to change processes without notice if necessary. But this is simply not the case here. If that's what you really believe, again I apologize. Though, from my perspective, after 100+ satisfied customers, there hasn't been any reason until now to justify anything.

I'm still delivering promised product, and have even taken measures to instill confidence in my machine roto products with warranties.

Thanks,
    Chris

From
    Stockholm, Sweden

I do see how people could feel let down by their expectations, but if there has never been a written promise on how the product is made then all there is, is expectations and it's not Chris's fault for others to have those, nor his fault for breaking those.

I think it's pretty honorable that despite the developed sensitivity towards fibreglass Chris finds solutions instead of excuses. Some people could just use this as an excuse to get out of the business and quit instead. Working with toxic chemicals for so long is not childs-play and should not be treated as such.

From
    Mississippi

locitus said: View Post
    I think it's pretty honorable that despite the developed sensitivity towards fibreglass Chris finds solutions instead of excuses. Some people could just use this as an excuse to get out of the business and quit instead.
    [FONT=Century Gothic]/like <3[/FONT]

That is very true, this could have gotten really ulgy and I certainly salute Chris for living up to his obligation. We've all seen way too many situations where people just disappear rather than see things through. Before I started my response I went back to the original thread to see if there were any conditions that were laid down and did not see them spelled out specifically either so from that standpoint and, as Chris points out, the manufacturers prerogative, he has met his obligation even if the road to that end was bumpier than any of us would have liked (Chris especially no doubt).

As his paying customer, however, I am well within my rights to be disappointed with what I received --even if that makes me the odd man out --and that I should explain the nature of my dissatisfaction as I felt that there might potentially be others who haven't received their orders that could feel the same.

Thank you again Chris for your reply.

From
    Richmond VA

That's an April fools joke right?

Personally I hope I get a roto one. I HATE fiberglass props! I don't like cutting it, I don't like sanding it... I'd much rather just have some plain old resin.

stormtrooperguy said: View Post
    ... I'd much rather just have some plain old resin.
    Well? Not quite lol The machine rotocast pieces do have that familiar sweet smell, because
    it's urethane after all. But very different formulation.

Months ago I took a video of my dropping one of the helmets made this way on it's dome from
    a little more than 3 ft. on a concrete slab only to see it bounce. lol

I do want to point out to Dave though, that I never actually said that my machine roto was "better"
    than glass. What I actually said was it's durability could be compared to any of my FG pieces. However,
    I do suspect that if I did the same thing with an FG helmet, the result would be much like Deadland's
    unfortunate mishap where he dropped his off off the table he was painting on and it ended up with
    about 15 "spider cracks" in the gel coat. Even though Art has given me gruff about my FG pieces
    being made for combat they're really not. lol Besides that , there just aren't any trade off's between
    the two where durability is concerned. Both methods are formidable to the other. But the prevalence
    of hatred for fiberglass has become MUCH more common within the community over recent years.

From
    Moreno Valley, CA

why would anybody want a helmet made of glass anyway? Wouldn't it not take paint? be super fragile? be super heavy? BE SEE THROUGH???

From
    Moreno Valley, CA

lol j/k

deciusx said: View Post
    why would anybody want a helmet made of glass? Wouldn't it not take paint? be super fragile? be super heavy? BE SEE THROUGH???

LOL !!! Nice

Actually, it'a all a part of my diabolical "Anti Recast" campaign. Anyting made with glass, cannot be recast with a silicone mold.
    The silicone will permabond with the model, forever

GMH - THE definitive Boba Fett Helmet - UPDATE March 31st 2012

Guess what arrived today?!? Bwahaha!!!!
    Quote Quote Posted from iOS app

From
    Spain

A mushroom?

From
    Houston Tx
    Received no. 71 the other day and have to say it was well worth the wait.

From
    Spain

Another mushroom? Awesome!

GMH - THE definitive Boba Fett Helmet - UPDATE March 31st 2012

Yeah, a big white shroom! How'd you ever guess?
    Quote Quote Posted from iOS app

From
    QUEENS, NEW YORK

Finally arrived thursday #88.

From
    Germany

I'm real happy to see how Chris has found his way back to his customers.
    Nice to see him back on the board and to see those helmet's arrive to there vendees.
    Excellent Chris keep it up .

Also i can say his roto-casts are sharp as a knife and i relay like to work with that kind of stuff.

Awsome,
    Just saw mine has a customs label ,
    Looking forward to seeing this puppy in the flesh

From
    Leesburg, VA

Got mine today. Woo hoo!!

Thanks again, FP!

Chris, Its says my address not included with my paypal payment. It is, but i have sent it you again (5 days ago) via PM as you requested.

Keith.

Keith said: View Post
    Chris, Its says my address not included with my paypal payment. It is, but i have sent it you again (5 days ago) via PM as you requested.

Keith.
    Thanks for that Keith. My apologies for not responding sooner. I've just not updated the list with the final shipments as of yet.
    But your address was noted.

Chris ,some PMs sent.

Answer me,please.

Thanks.

No problem Chris.

Keith.

From
    Dayton, Ohio

hey chris, PM sent.

From
    Murrieta Ca.

Hey Chris- Pm sent regarding product interest.
    Thanks
    B