GMH - THE definitive Boba Fett Helmet - UPDATE Sept. 4th 2012

From
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Re: GMH - THE definitive Boba Fett Helmet - UPDATE Sept. 4th 2012

This was waiting on my door step today! (AHHHHHHHH!!!!) it's F*%#k*&g amazing, very cool, sooooo worth the wait! FP I salute you sir!

From
    Kalamazoo, MI

Its always worth the wait.

From
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Stormrider said: View Post
    Its always worth the wait.
    AWWWW YEEEAAAH!!!

From
    Covington, GA. USA

The hells of web biz with handmade product. I dont envy this man his task... and have little sympathy for the folks bitching. Its simple economics..... High Demand + Low Supply = your going to wait for you gear. If you can buy a better bucket on ebay...you would have done so.

does anyone know what the customs charges are for GMH arriving in UK?

Received mine today. Its FANTASTIC. Really high quality casting with a very nice fiberglassing job on the inside too which saves me a job!

Here are some photos:

Thanks Chris, it really is a nice helmet.

Keith.

Oh boy, the lid is fantastic!!! I hope to get my lid soon... i cant wait longer...

From
    Mexico, D. F., Mexico

Its loos great Keith, im waiting for mine down here in Mexico, hope that arrives in 2 weeks!!!!

From
    Moreno Valley, CA

Sooo beautiful! After two long years of waiting, I can finally call this helmet mine! Thanks Chris!
    f6344b4c-b773-425f-98a9-b1dd3e82126b-1620-0000008219f9b2a7-jpg

From
    the OC

Texting you

Thank you
    Lewis
    Last edited by slavefive; Sep 25, 2012 at 4:35 PM.

From
    Jakarta

Any update for mine?

Hi Chris,
    Ive been following the tracking of my parcel and it said it was delivered over a week ago but I have not recieved anything or recieved a note through the door. Its been three weeks since it was posted and Im not sure whats happened? Ive sent you a PM.

From
    Jacksonville, NC

baronsfield said: View Post
    Hi Chris,
    Ive been following the tracking of my parcel and it said it was delivered over a week ago but I have not recieved anything or recieved a note through the door. Its been three weeks since it was posted and Im not sure whats happened? Ive sent you a PM.
    Best way to contact him is either his phone via text, or on Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/fettpride?ref=ts&fref=ts This board seemes to have a minor technical glitch where it does not always notify when PMs or activity occurs. Mods are working on it. Also, if you have the tracking number, it may be beneficial to call the post office and ask them, if you haven't already.

Hi,

its happened before on another order and when I try to contact post office it says that only the sender can locate the package. I live in the UK and Ive been trying my post office (in UK) and nothing has turned up? I have also tried using facebook, its really not my thing! I couldnt find anything regarding the GMH? Dont know what to do, maybe join facebook again! and try to contact him via his page??

baronsfield said: View Post
    Hi,

its happened before on another order and when I try to contact post office it says that only the sender can locate the package. I live in the UK and Ive been trying my post office (in UK) and nothing has turned up? I have also tried using facebook, its really not my thing! I couldnt find anything regarding the GMH? Dont know what to do, maybe join facebook again! and try to contact him via his page??

Hi Ben,

My apologies for not knowing anything about this yet. As Steve pointed out (thank you btw), I only get sporadic notifications at best and haven't been spending a lot of time at TDH.

First and foremost, I'm sorry to hear there is a problem with delivery. Especially considering you've had this happen before with someone else.

Unfortunately, there is little I can do on my end. Unless the parcel was sent at least via 'Registered International'. The standard method your parcel was sent, leaves us here in
    the U.S. no way of knowing the fate of the parcel once it's left our boundaries. I can certainly
    try to see what our Post Office can tell us tomorrow for you. But the last time I had something like this happen, they were only able to tell me that it reached destination customs, and nothing beyond that. And as you've already made clear, it's already been through your customs and delivered, somewhere :/

What I have seen twice this year however, is there being an issue with the delivery service that parcel is entrusted with after customs. As I understand it (because mail service is privatized there), it's sort of a **** shoot as to wether Royal Mail takes possession for delivery, or if a third party independent gets it to deliver. In two cases, parcels hit customs, and were sent for delivery with an independent carrier and were delivered to incorrect addresses ... and I mean blocks away from the intended destination. Both individuals had to hunt down their parcels themselves unfortunately. If you're seeing it say delivered, I'd venture a guess that something like this may have happened. In which case, I'm not really sure what I can do

But I will look into it for you to see what I can find out on my end tomorrow and PM you with the results.

Best,

Chris

Thanks for reply, I know your bussy and appreciate you taking the time. Also steven, thanks. Its sooo close, I'm biting my nails!!

From
    Jacksonville, NC

No worries mate!

Hey Ben,

All is ok, you can relax

It was my mistake brother. I typed in Keith's customs label number next to your name lol
    That's why it was showing delivered. The numbers were almost the same. Your number has
    been updated on page 1, post #1. My sincere apologies for giving you a minor heart attack.
    Yours is still in transit.

Best,

Chris

Helmet arrived!!!!!!!! Cant belive it!!!!I'm absolutely speachless. I have never seen a real prop but I own one!!!Well thanks to this site I own a stormtrooper helmet too thanks to RS Props. This is so awesome, all your efforts have not been wasted bro, not one bit. Nice solid helmet, beautiful inside and out. Really nice resin. Worth every penny and definately well worth the wait. Thankyou.

May the force be with you....

From
    Mexico, D. F., Mexico

Hey guys, i got mine, its a betty!!!!

Chris thanks for this amazing job!!!!

Enique

Howdy Chris,
    Any updates on my helmet? It's been in the re-sending list for awhile now. pm also sent

Fixed, James. Sorry about that

jrd syyn said: View Post
    Howdy Chris,
    Any updates on my helmet? It's been in the re-sending list for awhile now. pm also sent

Nice to see all the helmets find the way home Hope mine find the way soon..Cant wait
    Last edited by Mandalor78; Nov 1, 2012 at 6:51 AM.

GMH - THE definitive Boba Fett Helmet - UPDATE Sept. 4th 2012

Thomas,

I've been out sick most of the week and have just started catching up on FB and msgs. However, I'd appreciate your not using this thread regarding your GMH, as stated in the first post, this thread was for the original GMH run members, and has been concluded.

I've responded to your FB message.

Thank you.

Chris

Howdy Chris,
    I got the tracking confirmation, but nothing has happened for 3 weeks. Any help? pm sent