Gauntlet hose with inner wire for ESB Fett

Gauntlet hose with inner wire for ESB Fett

I have a piece of reinforced hose and a black piece if inner wire for the gauntlet of the ESB Fett. It is the same as what i used on my suit, its just extra . Inner wire is a piece of Bicycle brake cable housing. The hose and inner are just under 17" long, which is enough to get it into your sleeve. $12 shipped

Last edited by Darth Voorhees; Mar 3, 2013 at 5:29 PM.

From
    USA

Re: Gauntlet hose with inner wire for ESB Fett

ill take that from ya lou

hey brother,
    if you ever get more material I will buy it

SOLD to sleepalot!

Kcr7pr, I will see if i can find it again. It was a pain finding the right hose!

Darth Voorhees said: View Post
    It was a pain finding the right hose!
    Tell me about it! The smallest hose my local Home Depot stores would stock was 10' x 1/2" OD (as opposed to the 3/8" OD). The odd store sells this off the roll, but the smallest I've ever found was 1/2" OD. However, I found the right size (according to my calipers) by looking at cheap faucet sidespray pullouts (pure stroke of luck). Along with the spray attachment, it has about 3 or 4 feet of 3/8" braided hose. A 10' roll of (incorrect size) vinyl braided hose will run you about $16 CDN, while one of the cheap plastic (chrome-plated) sidespray pullouts with the correct sized vinyl braided hose is only $20 CDN.

DVH, I figure you could get about 2 Fett-sized hoses out of a single sidespray faucet pack. And while braided bike cable hose (might be expensive?) will fit nicely into the vinyl tube, I had some leftover coaxial TV cable laying around. Perfect fit!
    Last edited by Necronaut; Mar 3, 2013 at 6:58 PM.

thats exactly what i used. the faucet spray thingy. it was the other half lol. the brake cable housing is cheap, and looks closer to what is seen on screen size wise compared to coaxial. I had some housing left from a bike build..... so there ya have it lol.
    Last edited by Darth Voorhees; Mar 3, 2013 at 7:06 PM.

****, I think I have the wrong hose. 14 mm (according to the wiki) is more like 9/16". I just re-measured mine, and it's about 13 mm or 1/2"...

i dont think the exact size matters that much. As long as it looks right. the readily available one, like you discovered as well, is too big, and what i originally had. Eventually i found the spray thingy and bought that and that hose is much better. Noone is gonna be chasin ya with a MM ruler lol. ...at least i hope not! When i look at reference and then look at what i have, it looks right to me, and thats good enough for me! lol

Did you 'weather' your hose at all? Looking at pics, it has a slightly yellow-ochre tinge to it. I have a bunch of oil paints, and I was thinking of thinning some up and coating the inside of the hose with it.

I didnt actually, but i was thinking about it. It just has some black primer misting on it from when i weathered the gaunts.

What you suggested sounds like it would work out well for the yelloing effect. Probably a goldish yellow like yellow ochre or something in that vein.

I bet you could do a run on these, if you found a large quantity on the correct hose size.
    Darth Voorhees said: View Post
    SOLD to sleepalot!

Kcr7pr, I will see if i can find it again. It was a pain finding the right hose!

From
    atsugi, jp

I actually think the yellow is just age from being stored.

fett son said: View Post
    I actually think the yellow is just age from being stored.
    The yellow is definatlely age...but to get a nice new hose to look aged, ya need to do something!

Im still trying to locate this hose in bulk. If i find it, i will probably offer these little "kits" to folks here

From
    Pennsylvania

Sweet, if you get more I'm on the list.

Might just take it off and let it sit outside, maybe not in the direct sunlight, don't want it to get dry and crack. I had some rubber hose type protector things on the cables on my hood pins on my mustang, and they got that crusty yellow look pretty quick on them. LOL