I am offering a new helmet cooling system with options that will be pretty awesome for most people I believe. While there are several fan helmet systems out there, none being offered met some of my core needs.
1) Interchangeability. I previously used the popular Evil boy fan system in my Boba Fett helmet...but the basic version would only run for about 3 to 3.5 hours before the fans died. The new fan system I developed doubles the capacity of the Evil Boy system, is more quite (my normal fans are about 40 db in sound by my sound meter although they are supposedly 30db), and can be easily swapped between different helmets. Buy a fan system for every helmet you have and simply move the battery pack between the helmets. You can even charge the system while its running for quick breaks.
2) Multipower options. My previous electronics setup utilized 16 AA batteries, 1 9V, and 2 3V 2032 batteries. After every troop I had to check all the AA batteries for power levels prior to attending future troops which is a serious pain...heck sometimes I even forgot to power off a AA battery pack which wasted the batteries. What if I could use 1 power supply to power all my power needs? That's what this system will does. I was able to eliminate all the AA batteries I had in my system and only need to worry about the 9V battery and 2 2032 batteries in my system. This reduced a LOT of weight in my outfit and work retesting/recharging batteries after troops.
(6V step down power option)
Shown above is the option I use for converting the power to 6V so I can power JC27's remote servo and my Fettronics display. Its as tall as JC27's power box (20MM) but is narrow enough I can place it easily by my remote servo in my helmet. The unit is high quality and waterproof so you don't need to worry about sweat/humidity issues when trooping.
3) More Fan options. I created a specific blower system in my Greedo mask which will blow air out of the mask via a tube I that I run down my neck and out through one of pant legs. This forces constant airflow into the mask both cooling me and getting rid of the humid air that will cause condensation in my mask. No such fan system existed until I finally made one. In addition, some people have very little room in their masks for fans. I offer an ultra low profile system only that is only 10 mm high which is great for blowing air up into the helmet. Power to the fans does not need to be in the helmet but could be located elsewhere on the body carried to the helmet via a simple power cable if space is a limitation. Due to power restrictions being lifted I now have 4 fans in my helmet (since I have space and battery capacity) for extreme cooling options (awesome in summer troops). All fans sold will have wires shrink wrapped for protection against sweat and accidental damage.
15 MM fan (height)
Very good for focused blowing of air in a specific direction. The fan is rated at 30 DB and puts moves about 4000 CFM in air (any higher and the fans going to be louder generally). I use these fans for blowing air down from the top of my helmet across my visor in my helmet. These fans have a ~ 12 inch (30 cm) cord length from plug to fan...if you need a longer cord for a fan let me know.
10 MM fan (height)
Very good at broad dispersion of air over a wide area as it has a very wide mouth. Its also very narrow. I use these fans at the base of my helmet to blow air up in the back. These have a roughly 6 inch power cord, if you need a longer cord let me know.
4) Better Power options. Based on feedback I am offering two battery pack options small and medium. Below is an idea of how long the battery pack will last before it runs out of power. Both batteries come with a free battery charger. The batteries have a simple on/off button that can turn the fan/electric system on and off with ease. Note: for size comparison purposes I have the two batteries I offer for sale pictured next to an unopened 4 AA battery case.
- 2 fans - ~6 hours
- 3 fans - ~4.5 hours
- 4 fans - ~3 hours
- 5 fans - ~2.5 hours
- 6 fans - ~2 hours
- 2 fans - ~16 hours
- 3 fans - ~10 hours
- 4 fans - ~8 hours
- 5 fans - ~6 hours
- 6 fans - ~5 hours
The above numbers are rough estimates for how long each device will last. For device hookups for other electronics figure a simple fan as the power required to operate the LED lights. I use the Fettronics chest LED display and JC27's helmet remote servo. For weight comparison purposes the small battery is lighter than one 4 AA battery pack with batteries and the medium battery is lighter than two 4 AA battery packs (its actually pretty close to one 4 AA battery pack with batteries).
I personally use the Medium battery pack option and it works great. Its barely larger than one of my old 4AA battery packs. Below are size comparisons with a 4AA battery case for frame of reference. I can post the actual measurements up if people want them...but pictures are worth a thousand words sometimes as seen above.
I will be adding my Greedo fan option as well soon. I am not making this a regular sales thread, but will open up runs probably quarterly or so offering members in my 501st garrison and Mandalorian Merc clan first dibs at fans and power systems. If someone begins to offer the same Fett system power options I will probably discontinue this thread as it's really a means to give back a little to the community that has helped me a lot in my Boba Fett build. As such I offer an unconditional 3 month guarantee on all power systems made by me. If you don't like it or have problems you'll get a full refund (minus shipping). I have LIMITED Supplies to build kits as I recently built some power systems for my garrison/clan.
- Small Battery - 30$
- Medium Battery - 40$
- 15 MM fan -10$ (per fan)
- 10 MM fan - 15$ (per fan)
- JC27 helmet servo power hookup - 15$
- 6 foot power cables - 10$
- Fettronics Chest Display power hookup - 20$
- Custom voltage power hookup (less than 12 Volts) - 25$
For example you want one fan system consisting of two 15 mm fans and one small battery the price is 40$ plus shipping. An additional identical fan system for another helmet would only be 20$. I ship everything priority express mail from USPS which is 7$ flat anywhere in the United States. People outside the US please PM me with a request so I can get you a shipping quote. I only accept PayPal transactions.
Here is a picture (before and after) of how I was able to incorporate the fan system, reduce a ton of weight, and free up space in my helmet.
This setup allows me to use the battery either in my helmet or on my body (running a power cord up through my neck to the helmet). Since I use my battery to power my chest display I have the battery sit in my chest pouch where my previous Fettronics display battery went before.
Fettronics Chest Display power hookup
The power hookup will arrive 100% complete. Placing the battery in your side pouch has the added perk of being able to easily swap out your battery while suited up by yourself (I can swap mine which is located behind my flak vest...but some might have problems doing this depending on where they place their pouch behind their flak vest). You can also put it in your side belt pouch for easy swap outs.
JC27 helmet servo power hookup
It's expected that the JC27 helmet servo power hookups will be attached to fan systems bought but can be sold separately if requested.
Custom power hookup
This is for people how have odd, specific voltage requests that need their power at a specific range that is not 6 volts or 9 volts. For example, a device powered by a CR2032 battery actually puts out 3.6 volts or a device that utilizes 3 AA batteries puts out 4.5 volts. I can tailor the voltage output to any specific range you need for delicate instrumentation.
Some important considerations:
If you want to use a helmet servo power option, some helmet fans, and a Fettronics Chest display you will most likely want to use a power cord to extend between your chest area and your helmet. This is what I personally do in my Boba Fett and enjoy it immensely. The power cable I offer is 6 feet in length, thin, and easy to tuck excess cable in your neck seal for slack when taking off your helmet. I offer a free quick disconnect connector with the power cable so you can tailor it to your immediate needs.
If interested post below and PM me with specific fan/power requests. Depending on the configuration requested you will have your fan and power system mailed to you between 1 and 5 business days. I can also do unique power hookup options so PM me if you have unique power system requests.