Environmental Audio System

From
    Ontario, Canada

The EAS allows you to hear clearly what is going on around you. I am using 2 microphones, 2 speakers and a stereo amplification system to provide stereo sound. The kit comes fully assembled, tested and operates for 15+ hours on just 3 AA batteries. I offer the kit in 2 microphone options.. regular and mini. Mini mics are best suited when you don't have somewhere easy to hide a microphone; regular mics, while producing a slightly better quality sound, do require a little more space to mount. Regardless of the mic option you choose, they're very easy to install. You also have 2 speaker options to choose from: regular speakers, and slim-line speakers. For helmets that simply do not allow for the installation of speakers, or if you want to keep as little weight and wiring as possible in your lid, you can use earbud style headphones. This kit has successfully been installed in a number of helmets including Mandalorian, Stormtrooper, Royal Guard, Republic Clone, Republic Commando, Tusken Raider, etc.

The amplifier comes complete with on-off button (easy to flick with a gloved finger), large volume control knob, 1/8" headphone jack, and power LED to show when it's running.

I include enough wire on each component (battery pack, mics, speakers) to place them anywhere inside a helmet, and am happy to make custom lengths for you if you'd like to reduce the amount of excess wire in your lid.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me. More information and images can be found on my website at www.activearmor.ca. If you would like to purchase one of my EAS kits, please post here, and/or contact me directly. For fastest response, please contact me at my email address, listed below.

Environmental Audio System Pricing - $100US for a single unit, $90US for additional kits (Always in Stock!)

All EAS kits will be sent Canada Post with tracking number.
    Postage within Canada and the US - $17.00
    Postage elsewhere, please contact for quote

Contact me and Paypal at - shawn@activearmor.ca

From
    Victoria, British Columbia

Re: Environmental Audio System

Would you happen to have photos of this installed in a Boba helmet? Just curious where the mics would go.

I was considering this. You could probably recess one in the vertical gap on the left ear. The right one could probably go in the gap between the top and bottom halves of the right ear. That way, you'd get a directional stereo image.
    Last edited by Necronaut; Feb 10, 2014 at 8:46 AM.

From
    Douglasville, Ga.

Intereted....

From
    North of Ireland

Interested if this works in a fett.....

From
    Ontario, Canada

Unfortunately, I don't have pics from the guy who installed it in his Fett lid (and I'm putting together a 2nd Fett helmet, and will be putting it in that). Basically what he did was file out the triangles above the visor and put the mini mics behind them. Not terrific for directional sound, but better than no sound at all. I'd also though about putting it where Necronaut mentioned in the ears.. it'd work there, and barely be visible.

Technically speaking, the mics don't HAVE to be in the helmet at all. They could be placed anywhere, and just have either the speaker leads go to the helmet, or better still, just wear earbud headphones and keep the amp board on your body somewhere. The only real limitation to mic placement is that you don't want them somewhere that they will be rubbed against directly, as it's LOUD in the ear.

From
    Ontario, Canada

Just a little bump here