Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

DVH no longer taking commissions

DVH no longer taking commissions

As much as i love doing the work,most of the time,lol, it keeps me in my house on my butt every weekend. I think its time DVH takes a much needed break Ive been gaining weight like mad and i need to sort out my health, meaning, lose some weight, and get out a bit more and enjoy my other hobbies, which are single speed bike riding and flatland BMX.

I also need to get out with the wife a bit instead of sitting home almost every weekend in the house working on stuff. Its just not what i should be doing right now. I hope you guys understand what im saying. I will eventually do commissions again, but im not sure when, maybe next year. I still have quite a few to finish that im hoping will be done before the summer so i can enjoy the outdoors this year lol.

I have sold all of my greeblie molds to Asok as well. So i will no longer be making any of those. You all know your in good hands with Asok though!

Of course whatever commissions i already have lined up will get done. From this forum i think its just 1 ESB Jetpack. I dont think i owe anyone else anything from here.

I have to finish a few more E-11 kits for the Stormtrooper detachment, and still have 3 and 3/4 sets of Stormtrooper armor to assemble for someone, but then thats it..i really hope i can have this all done by June or so.

Thanks folks, its been a pleasure!

Im Sure Fett4Real, and the other amazing painters here like deadland superjedi Jayvee etc can take care of you guys

Of course i'll still be around like before, just not "working"
    Last edited by Darth Voorhees; Mar 11, 2013 at 11:53 AM.

From
    Pennsylvania

Re: DVH no longer doing commissions

DVH, you did great work and this community will miss that. My dealings with you were top notch, and I thank you for the parts. Get healthy and enjoy time with the family.
    JC

Thanks JC, its been a Pleasure

From
    Stockholm, Sweden

Take care Lou!

From
    Inland Empire, CA

How many times are you going to do this?

No disrespect, but it seems like you're constantly in crisis.

Hope you get it all sorted out.

From
    Pennsylvania

Rubio, kind of a nasty post and uncalled for. Lou was just letting people know he won't be doing work anymore, then you kind of call him out? Bad taste man.

From
    USA

Sounds like a good plan Lou. Hope it works out for ya.

From
    Inland Empire, CA

Jc27 said: View Post
    Rubio, kind of a nasty post and uncalled for. Lou was just letting people know he won't be doing work anymore, then you kind of call him out? Bad taste man.
    Trust me, I get what you're saying. But didn't we JUST go through this a few months ago...?

Here it is (a thread in which I had kind words, by the way):

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f31/d...ervices-44950/

I hope he gets it all straightened out. But to start another thread about how life has him down is a little much, in my opinion. No nastiness intended. Just my take. Feel free to disregard.

Rubio....wow, how many times am i going to do this? do what? ..excuse me but you dont know me beyond what i post here, and you dont know what goes on in my life. I would guess you are speaking of me recently having issues with doing commissions in my house and saying at that time i was going to stop?....Perhaps you'd like to try that out..do a ton of commissions in a 1 bedroom apt. in the middle of the living room while your wife is on the other side of the room on her computer trying to do website jobs with the screaming of the dremel or the airbrush compressor and dremel dust and airbrush fumes all over the place. Try that with your family and see how that goes over...a little issue that was resolved in 4 posts after talking with Fett 4Real about some solutions, so a crisis?..dont know what are you talkin about bro.

Right now, Im just stating that im taking a break from commission work to do some other stuff. I get alot of requests for commissions and i thought posting a freindly thread like this would let people know im not doing them right now, rather than them waste time Pming me when there are other artists thay could be contacting form the get go. No issue problem or crisis here...That comment was very uncalled for.

ANYWAY, Like JC said, im just letting people know im not doing commissions anymore for a while. There is no "Crisis" I just would like to get a little more active cuz sitting on my bum all weekend painting and sanding is not healthy for me. Im 41yrs old, i need to move! lol

Thanks JC and Sleepalot. I'll still be around Locitus, i didnt mean to make it seem like im goin somewhere....just not doing any commission work! I'll still be here to help out when i can!

EDIT:

um..Rubio that thread you linked to is my commission thread. i didnt start that thread to complain, thats the commission theread!!! i mentioned IN it about my problems working in my house. It was resolved in like 4 posts. c'mon man give me a freakin break dude. You never had an issue doing anything in your house?

I started this thread because i keep getting requests for commissions and having to turn them down. i thought maybe it would be better to just post an announcement so people dont waste there time messaging me when they can contact another excellent artist here
    Last edited by Darth Voorhees; Mar 10, 2013 at 11:00 PM.

From
    Pennsylvania

You are welcome Lou.

Sucks to hear this, Lou. I'm surprised that anybody in this forum wouldn't even be able to relate to this. You were very instrumental in helping me with my suit but "life" got in the way to and unfortunately, I had to do the unthinkable and had to sell that to help me out. Everybody here knows how hard you've worked to help so many people out and I actually think that's great that you want to focus on other hobbies and just want to enjoy your life more. I'm hoping for the best for you, bud

Verbal21 said: View Post
    Sucks to hear this, Lou. I'm surprised that anybody in this forum wouldn't even be able to relate to this. You were very instrumental in helping me with my suit but "life" got in the way to and unfortunately, I had to do the unthinkable and had to sell that to help me out. Everybody here knows how hard you've worked to help so many people out and I actually think that's great that you want to focus on other hobbies and just want to enjoy your life more. I'm hoping for the best for you, bud
    So THATS why you havent submitted photos! Man you were so close too!

Maybe you should try getting into the legion with a less expensive simple costume like a Stormtrooper or bikerscout. then you can always revisit Fett later.

Yea thanks man, i dunno why people feel the need to point out some other time i had an issue with something, like as if my entire post count is me posting about my troublesome life or something. I had a couple of issue in the years ive been on here helping people. My life isnt always peachy keen! lol...i dunno what that past issue has to do with this thread. That was a painting in the house issue....and you saw how small my apt is! lol...this is a "i want to spend some time doing other things" thing.....not a issue, problem, or.."crisis". I'll still be around just like before, just not doing commissions for a while. Taking a well deserved break!
    Last edited by Darth Voorhees; Mar 10, 2013 at 11:05 PM.

From
    Inland Empire, CA

All I'm saying is that I hope you get it worked out. Good luck to you, bro.

Yeah, I was definitely surprised at how well you managed your workspace at home. All this time, I thought all of the painters on this site had elaborate setups but you've given me hope that I can't use lack of space as an excuse

And as far as my Fett suit goes, that's what happens when you embark on a project that takes almost three years to complete,lol Marriage wasn't on my radar at when I started but I had to sacrifice this for that...for now. And I have been lurking on the white armor boards so I do think that is a definite possibility. I'll try to not be as much of a pain with my Stormtrooper questions as I'm sure I was with Fett when I do decide to start that road

You were also able to convince me to get rid of my MR helmet and I'm trying to find a more accurate TK helmet so we both know this is pretty much the unofficial start,lol. Sucks I'll have to find somebody else for that though

From
    New York USA

Hey Lou, Thanks for doing my JP and Gaunts for me. They are the best parts of my costume so far. I am taking a semi break from my fett build just to catch up on some other things. Hopefully soon I can wear your work proudly in the ECG.

Nice Verbal! Well congrats! I had just finished my Fett before i got married lol. Of course the upgrades never end lol.

You were never a pain bro lol. I enjoy answering questions about stuff i actually know about lol. I can give ya a few e-mails for better TK helmets. If ya need a TK helmet build in the near future, i can do that..that doesnt take me long at all lol. you can do a complete TK for a fraction of what Fett cost, so i think you'll be good In your case, since your not that far from me, i can help ya out if ya need it when the time comes. Im sure all the commissions i have left will be done by then!

Altann, your very welcome, and i appreciate the compliments! Since you started Ive moved up from GML to the Commanding Officer of the ECG, but am also still part of the 3 man GML team i assembled for costume clearance. lookin forward to you joining the ECG!

Rubio, thank you..though theres nothing to get worked out, just taking a break man.

High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    From
    USAF Utah

rubio95 said: View Post
    All I'm saying is that I hope you get it worked out. Good luck to you, bro.
    Think this would have been a better initial response instead of the troll response you started with. Just cause you say with all due respect doesnt make it OK to insult someone.

From
    Northeast U.S.A

Stay healthy Lou!

Hope to troop with you and the ECG sometime this year!

From
    Deliverence, Indiana

DVH no longer doing commissions

Hope you get better Lou, chin up man
    Quote Quote Posted from iOS app

From
    Brookings, OR.

Good luck buddy. I have some of your work on display....take care.

Thanks F4R

Thanks guys, its not like im ill or something lol. Everything will be fine, i just need to exercise a little and get more movement into my weekends and i'll be good as new! Hopefully i'll lose some weight in the process! Thats always hard for me. When i ws a kid i ate everything and never gained a pound..was like that till i was 25 or so. then i dunno what happened LOL!

I'll likely take more commissions next year some time.

Also look forward to build/paint threads for my personal FP jetpack and gauntlets which should be arriving in the near future.

Wow i didnt realize how much stuff ive done..pretty cool for you all to be chiming in I greatly appreciate the compliments

Definately Paul! You werent at the Intrepid troop this year were you? if you were how did i not find ya lol. At any rate, im sure i'll see ya soon bro!

Love you guys
    Last edited by Darth Voorhees; Mar 11, 2013 at 11:47 AM.

From
    Massachusetts

Re: DVH no longer taking commissions

Hey DV I have some of your stuff and couldn't be happier. Looking forward to my JP. I understand about life getting in the way . Thanks for the friendly update thats the sign of someone who truly cares. I totally get the weight thing I was the same way til just recently good luck Bro!

Thanks Got2bFett, much appreciated. I have 1 set of armor to assemble for someone and then your JP is next. Shouldnt take more than a couple of weekends to finish This is why i told ya 4 months lol cuz i knew i wouldnt manage to get to it before then lol I'll be in touch very soon brother

From
    Atlanta, Georgia, USA

Man, you sound like me trying to quit PS3, haha. Seriously, though, your head is in the right place, and I wish you best of luck for your goal.

Thank you for the help, good comm, and good product on the transaction we worked on together a few months back.

High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    From
    USAF Utah

He'll be back doing commissions here and there Im sure...idle hands....